Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Pioneers....Thanks..
Discussion started by 1876-Fez , 23 December, 2013 18:23
Pioneers....Thanks..
1876-Fez 23 December, 2013 18:23
Thanks from the club...link

May I also add my thanks...a sterling job done in the most awful conditions and still with smiles on their faces and as helpful as ever.

Just an example, a friend of mine took his 2 young sons along, as they were leaving the North stand at 1/2 time a Pioneer asked if they would like some poncho's as they were pretty wet, she said she would go and get some. He said not to worry as they were heading for the Olympic bar. 5 mins later she sought them out in the crowd in the bar and gave them the poncho's....

They are certainly now a part of the match day...thank you again.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Re: Pioneers....Thanks..
mixmastermatt 23 December, 2013 18:29
They are brilliant. I was chatting with a couple of them after the game, so friendly.

Innings 23 December, 2013 18:32
Brilliant people, a part of what makes a day at AzP worth the 150 mile round trip.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Maroon Tyke 23 December, 2013 18:56
Quote:
1876-Fez
Thanks from the club...link
May I also add my thanks...a sterling job done in the most awful conditions and still with smiles on their faces and as helpful as ever.

They are certainly now a part of the match day...thank you again.

(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

oxonsarrie 23 December, 2013 19:00
Seasons Greeting to everyone of them and a heartfelt thanks for all you do

tpr's headmistress 23 December, 2013 19:11
Amen to that.thumbs down

saracens4life 23 December, 2013 19:40
To the cheerful guy in E7 who wished everyone individually a lovely Christmas after the game:

Thank you for your friendly service & have a smashing festive break

smiling smiley

whyeff 23 December, 2013 20:20
I would also like to thank all the Pioneers for their hard work and enthusiasm. A Happy Christmas to all of you!(Sm128)

AnnieF 24 December, 2013 06:22
Absolutely great and a credit to themselves and Saracens. It starts for us with the chaps greeting us at the Copthall School car park - always smiling, cheerful and helpful in every way - and they didn't take the mick out of my silly Santa hat either! Hope all Pioneers have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year - many thanks for all you do.
smiling smiley(Sm42)(Sm60)

Waldo 24 December, 2013 06:23
(Sm160)(Sm160) Totally agree - 2 thumbs up for the pioneers - a great asset - Merry Christmas to you all

Superman wears Schalk Brits pyjamas 24 December, 2013 07:57
We're very lucky to have their help with all aspects of help on the day and the personal touch they add is one of the key reasons Allianz Park feels like our home.

Merry Christmas to all of them!

King Zak 24 December, 2013 07:58
(Sm160) (Sm160) (Sm160)

Three thumbs up from me (and I'm not even from Gloucester)

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

Malcaudren 24 December, 2013 08:13
Hear hear! They're brilliant and as a Saracens fan I'm as proud of them as much as our ground and team.

Merry Christmas to them all.

Some people give Ed G a hard time but involving these people was a master stroke

davidthesarrie 24 December, 2013 09:05
I am amazed how many friendly volunteer Pioneers we have.

I was sceptical when the idea was mooted and request for volunteers went out. But every one that I have spoken to thoroughly enjoy their time helping us. That shows. And we have a thoroughly enjoyable time at Allianz Park made all the more pleasant by the happy band of Pioneers.

My thanks go to every one of them, together with my wishes for a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

Thank you.

(Sm152)

Sully08 24 December, 2013 09:12
They are wonderful giving people who deserve all the thanks they receive.

From the guy at the Edgware bus stop before the game to all those on the way and in the ground, a very Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year!!

Bath Sarrie 24 December, 2013 09:13
Agree... the 2 guys in the Copthall car park very friendly always smiling.

Kevin S 24 December, 2013 09:20
On behalf of my fellow 'PiONEers, we also salute you all and wish you all a very Happy Christmas, a Healthy, Prosperous and successful New Year.

We look forward to seeing you back at Allianz Park on the 25th & 26th January.

My team and I look after the tunnel area in the West Stand - so next time you are at AP why not come and say hello? I do know a lot of you but would like to put a face to your moniker's as well.

Cheers, Kev

LAZZO 24 December, 2013 10:14
Just to follow on from Kevin's message - it is an enormous privilage and a huge anount of fun working for the Saracens family. The largest element of that family is you - the supporters - and we love being amongst you. Thank you for all your kind comments and for taking us into your hearts. Every good wish for Christmas and 2014 from all of us on The North Stand.

Seany_Boy0511 24 December, 2013 12:13
Quote:
LAZZO
Just to follow on from Kevin's message - it is an enormous privilage and a huge anount of fun working for the Saracens family. The largest element of that family is you - the supporters - and we love being amongst you. Thank you for all your kind comments and for taking us into your hearts. Every good wish for Christmas and 2014 from all of us on The North Stand.

Ah the north stand!! the place to be MErry Christmas, from all in the north stand!

FezUnite 24 December, 2013 18:51
Thanks pioneers, have a lovely Christmas and new years. See you in 2014!

You are really the 'something special' about AzP.

Boxer 24 December, 2013 19:41
Cheers Kevin,
The very best of the seasons greetings to you and your merry band.

PS. Have you got the 18th off?
(Sm59)

Convex Hull 24 December, 2013 20:23
Thank you all, your customer care is better than I have encountered in the 'home' of such things, the USA.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

sodslaw 24 December, 2013 21:06
Can I just add my personal message to this thread.

I have lived and worked in London for over thirty years, having arrived from Scotland at a fairly young age. One can quite often get an impression of the capital that its inhabitants are detached, arrogant and aloof (best way I can put it without expletives). The pioneers have been the very icing since AzP opened. I do hope they continue and grow.

A very merry Christmas to all those who volunteer your time and wonderful happy attitude to make our day more special.

Kevin S 24 December, 2013 23:51
Doh! Didn't have the Connacht game in my diary - but now have! cheers for the reminder!

sutton_sarrie 26 December, 2013 21:54
Thank-you to the Pioneers from us as well. We had chocolates from our Pioneer in the North Stand at the Leicester match! All of the Pioneers we have met have been cheerful and very helpful.

wheeliequin 28 December, 2013 01:11
As a Quins fan I have had the pleasure of meeting your pioneers twice. They do your club credit. I can only hope they are given a lead position at wembley in March. They offer so much in bringing fans to the game.
I took three newbies to their first away game at the Allianz and they still talk fondly of your guys and girls in blue.

CK55FEZ 28 December, 2013 10:31
I too would like to add to all the nice things said above on the PiONEers.

They are a credit to the club.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net