Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
SARRIES SENT TO COVENTRY!

Latest: WASPS 60:10 SARACENS
Next: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS v SARACENS
Sat 29th Feb GP 15.00 Franklins Gardens

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Rugby Dates
Discussion started by Sara'sman , 13 June, 2019 14:32
Rugby Dates
Sara'sman 13 June, 2019 14:32
I like to have them in one place and thought I'd share. If others add dates below, I'll update:

Old Dates 2019
Sat 1 Jun Prem Final
Wed 19 Jun European Pools Draws 13:00
Wed 10 Jul Prem fixtures released @ 11:00
Mon 15 Jul Prem 7s fixtures released @ 12:00
Wed 17 Jul Prem Cup Fixtures released @ 12:00
Mon 22 Jul Shield Fixtures released
Fri 23 Aug European R1-6 times/dates released
Fri 13/Sat 14 Sep - Prem 7s
Fri 20 Sep - Prem Season Start (with Cup)
Wed 30 Oct (9 days before R1) European Squads finalised

Jan
Sat 4 P8 WORCESTER 15:00
Sat 11 CC5 Ospreys 13:00 BT and C4
Sun 12 u18 v BRISTOL 13:00
Sat 18 PRS5 Bristol Bears 16:00
Sun 19 CC6 RACING 92 13:00 BT
| Sat 25 u18 v GLOUCESTER 13:00
| Sun 26 P9 Harlequins 15:00 BT

Feb
| Sat 1
| Sun 2 PC SF1 (Ex v Har 13:00 BT) Fra v Eng 15:00 BBC
| Fri 7 PC SF2 Sale 19:45 BT
| Sat 8 Sco v Eng 16:45 BBC u18 v Harlequins 12:00
| Sat 15 P10 SALE 15:00
| Sun 16 u18 Finals Day
| Fri 21 P11 Wasps 19:45 BT
| Sat 22
| Sun 23 Eng v Irl 15:00 ITV
| Sat 29 P12 Northampton 15:00 BT

Mar
| Sat 7 Eng x Wal 16:45 ITV
| Sun 8 P13 LEICESTER 13:00 BT
| Sat 14 Ita v Eng 6 16:45 ITV (PC F)
Fri 20 P14 Bristol 19:45 BT
Sat 21
Mon 23 PRS6 LONDON IRISH 19:30
Sat 28 P15 HARLEQUINS @ NWHL 15:00 BT

Apr
Sat 4 CC QF
Mon 6 PRS7 Exeter 19:30
Sat 11 (P16 GLOUCESTER)
Mon 13 PRS8 BRISTOL BEARS A 19:30
Sat 18 (P17 L Irish)
Mon 20 PRS9 Harlequins 19:30
Sat 25 (P18 WASPS)

May
Sat 2 CC SF
Mon 4 PRS10 BATH UNITED 19:30
Sat 9 (P19 Sale)
Sat 16 (P20 EXETER)
Sat 23 CC F
Mon 25 PRS SF
Sat 30 (P21 Worcester)

Jun
Mon 1 PRS F
Sat 6 (P22 BATH)
Sat 13 P SF
Sat 20 P F
Sat 27

Jul
Sat 4 Jap v Eng
Sat 11 Jap v Eng

20/21 Season
Fri 11 Sep Season starts
Sat 26 June Prem Final
Lions Tour to SA (Stormers 3 July - 3rd Test Aug 7)

21/22 Season
Fri 17 Sep Season starts
Sat 18 June Prem Final

Edited 45 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 18:30 by Sara'sman.

Re: Rugby Dates
The Bard 13 June, 2019 16:53
Only 2 weeks between RWC final and first round in Europe... if England go all the way it is going to be incredibly tough making a good start to our defence.
You can add the Top 14 final on Saturday night to the list, should be a really good watch.

Darraghgirl 13 June, 2019 17:33
I think your RWC timings are wrong:-
Eng v Tonga is 11.15am
Eng v USA 11.45am
Eng v Argentina 9.00am
Eng v France 9.15am
(all times BST)

Sara'sman 13 June, 2019 18:09
Thanks - What with GMT/BST and Jap time I got confused! I've corrected the warm-ups too, and given myself a slap.

PhillFez 14 June, 2019 07:36
Thanks Sara'sman very useful

Sara'sman 14 June, 2019 08:43
Spurs are at home on 21 March (also FA Cup R5), International Break 28 March so Quins game "pencilled in" for 28 March. Must confess I'm looking forward to seeing the stadium - can it possibly be as good as all the reviews?

Barnesy 15 June, 2019 14:14
All the Women's Super Series games are being shown on Sky including the games not involving England.

hertsman 16 June, 2019 05:46
If you want another rugby fix, Super Rugby play off weekends are 1/4 finals 22 June, semis 29 June & the final 6 July. Broadcast by Fox tv - is that Sky in UK?

TonyTaff 16 June, 2019 10:09
Quote:
hertsman
If you want another rugby fix, Super Rugby play off weekends are 1/4 finals 22 June, semis 29 June & the final 6 July. Broadcast by Fox tv - is that Sky in UK?

Yes, SKY show the Super Rugby! Quite a feeble stream, however - I can't get it in my village pub (Sm22)

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Sara'sman 10 July, 2019 11:10
I've added our fixtures. I think Saints and Tigers have got their wishes! A real chance for the next crop to shine in what will be a relentless season for our Internationals.

SarrieSaint 10 July, 2019 14:23
Exeter at Allianz Park just after Christmas and before the New Year has the potential to seriously affect seasonal harmony!

TV 10 July, 2019 14:25
The Christmas game v Ex is at Sandy Park

The Bard 10 July, 2019 19:54
So for the second year running both Leicester games are in international windows, third year running for the home game. Is this being done deliberately?

myleftboot 10 July, 2019 20:45
Quote:
The Bard
So for the second year running both Leicester games are in international windows, third year running for the home game. Is this being done deliberately?
need all the help they can get. They way Oirish are reinforcing, they must be favourites for the drop....

BramleyRoad 11 July, 2019 03:43
Thanks for taking the trouble to research and post this.
Iím in the early stages of planning a trip to Japan for semis and final (behold my great faith!). Does anyone have any tips? Thanks

Supporting Saracens for 52 years

SarrieSaint 11 July, 2019 14:55
Quote:
TV
The Christmas game v Ex is at Sandy Park
Right you are. I blame Sara'sman. Who puts the away team in all-caps?? (Sm102)

Shame as I like the Exeter fixture but that travel just after Christmas isn't going to happen for me.

Rupes 12 July, 2019 11:13
Possibly the most important date on there is Sept 13th, the RFU meeting re 13 team Prem etc...

...potentially the first time we all see the intentions and influence of CVC. Could have a HUGE impact on the future of rugby in England.

TonyTaff 12 July, 2019 11:19
Rugby Championship fixtures:

20/7 16:05 SA-OZ, 19:05 RG-NZ
27/7 8:35 NZ-SA, 11:00 OZ-RG
10/8 20:40 RG-SA

Haven't got the other(s). All times are kick-off in BST. All on Sky sports.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Sara'sman 15 July, 2019 11:18
7s group is with Sale and Wuss this year - fixtures here.

Barnesy 17 July, 2019 12:46
Premiership Rugby Cup fixtures announced, Wasps (A), Sale (H), Saints (A) in our group Quins (H) for the "Derby Day" fixture.

Pro 14 fixtures also announced so hopefully European fixtures to be announced soon as that was the last of the league fixtures they were waiting for.

Edit.

Full list of cup fixtures, Saints game on TV.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/07/2019 12:54 by Barnesy.

GazzaFez 18 July, 2019 16:04
Obviously we will need some warm-up matches pre-season but nothing announced so far as far as I can see. Before posting I checked the Bedford, HAC and Ospreys sites and no mention of Saracens on any those.

Anyone heard anything on the grapevine?

Brighty_Fez 22 July, 2019 11:31
a few clubs have said they are using the prem cup as pre-season. maybe we will be doing the same as nothings been announced. im sure someone will ask on wednesday at the coaches session at the club

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/07/2019 11:32 by Brighty_Fez.

GazzaFez 22 July, 2019 14:57
Premiership Rugby Shield fixtures (Monday night Storm games or A League previously) have been announced.

[www.saracens.com]

GazzaFez 22 July, 2019 15:02
Quote:
Brighty_Fez
a few clubs have said they are using the prem cup as pre-season. maybe we will be doing the same as nothings been announced. im sure someone will ask on wednesday at the coaches session at the club

I'm sure you're right and seems to be the same for the other prem clubs. A shame though as we always did the run up the A1 to Goldington Road. Was never that keen on the HAC fixture though.

Sara'sman 13 August, 2019 19:20
European Round 1-6 dates tba soon?

I emailed EPCR pointing out that their post dated 29 June stated: "Saracensí defence of the Heineken Champions Cup will start in the third weekend of November with the exact dates, venues and fixture kick-off times for Europeís blue-riband club tournament set to be announced this month" and comenting that their lack of communication shows they have little regard for we fans.

They replied: "the calendars for the Heineken Champions Cup and European Rugby Challenge Cup are being finalised at present and we will announce a time for an announcement on EPCR channels in due course. We take on board the feedback that you have sent through and regret the disappointment that you feel on this matter. EPCR understands the importance of this information to the fans and, with that in mind, is working as quickly as possible with all stakeholder groups in order to be able to conclude the process and make an announcement in the most timely manner possible."

Today they have stated "set to be announced shortly" - see here.

Sara'sman 22 August, 2019 16:31
Champions Cup fixtures to be released at last - 10am tomorrow.

Sara'sman 01 September, 2019 10:39
Quote:
Rupes
Possibly the most important date on there is Sept 13th, the RFU meeting re 13 team Prem etc...

...potentially the first time we all see the intentions and influence of CVC. Could have a HUGE impact on the future of rugby in England.

Agreed Rupes though from the Bris site and referencing this Sunday Times article (paywall) the decision not to end relegation has already been made.

TonyTaff 02 September, 2019 08:20
Quote:
Sara'sman
Quote:
Rupes

Agreed Rupes though from the Bris site and referencing this Sunday Times article (paywall) the decision not to end relegation has already been made.

I regard it as essential that relegation and promotion is retained. If I were CVC, I would require the introduction of an equivalent to the Ranfurly Shield, which adds spice to the home fixtures of the holders and can provide additional income streams - let's face it, if you are a six-year-old supporter of W*sps, and your club somehow captures the trophy, you'd better get your photo taken with it, as it's unlikely to be coming back during your lifetime (Sm22)

Sara'sman 29 October, 2019 15:09
Can anyone find the deadline for naming European squads? With less than 2 weeks between the final and the first Round 1 game my guess is around Fri 8 Nov. Best I've found is last year Glaws announced theirs on 17 Oct (R1 was earlier).

I think it too much to expect a strong challenge in the Prem and Europe this year. Given the physical and mental exhaustion our returnees will be suffering is it even sensible for them to play in Rounds 1&2? I'm close to feeling we should sacrifice the Heineken this year and go flat out in the league. I also feel England owe it to all WC regulars to rest them - and not just next summer.

Should we concentrate on Gallagher, Europe or both?

Garp285 29 October, 2019 16:16
Quote:
Sara'sman

Should we concentrate on Gallagher, Europe or both?
Personally, I would be quite happy to write this season off on both fronts to protect/rest our players (providing we still finish top 6 (Sm14) ). The problem is, I cant see the players settling for that! I think we have a good enough squad to compete on both fronts but think we'll be lucky to win either.
Oh, and I don't know about squad deadlines!

AP 30 October, 2019 08:35
With Goode and Williams both out, we've got no choice but to concentrate on Gallagher!

I'll find my coat ...

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

GazzaFez 30 October, 2019 09:26
The elephant in the room is the pending result of the cap investigation and if any sanctions are imposed on us. If points deduction came into the equation at all, that could strongly influence where we concentrate our efforts.

Sincerely hope it doesn't come to that, in which case go for the GP this season.

GazzaFez 31 October, 2019 20:45
Sara'sman.....

Another update for your master plan............

SARACENSí PREMIERSHIP RUGBY CUP SEMI-FINAL MATCH AGAINST SALE SHARKS WILL BE PLAYED ON FRIDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2020.

The match at the AJ Bell Stadium will kick-off at 19H45 with the winners progressing take on either Exeter Chiefs or Harlequins in the final.

Sara'sman 31 October, 2019 21:39
Thanks Gazza - the week before we meet them ay home in the Gallagher.

Sara'sman 01 November, 2019 17:36
Quote:
Sara'sman
Can anyone find the deadline for naming European squads?

Apparently it was last Wednesday. Juan misses out, as does the 18/19 European player of the year. Hopefully their injuries are not too serious, Liam included.

B3 Crossdale, Daly, Gallagher, Lewington, Maitland, Segun, Williams
Ce Barritt, Lozowski, Taylor, Tompkins
FH Farrell, Malins, Vunipola
SH Spencer, Whiteley, Wigglesworth

LH Adams-Hale, Barrington, Carre, Vunipola
Hk George, Gray, Singleton, Woolstencroft
TH Ibuanokope, Koch, Lamositele
SR Hunter-Hill, Isiekwe, Itoje, Kpoku, Kruis, Skelton
BR Christie, Clark, Earl, Reffell, Rhodes, Vunipola, Wray. (Total 41)

See here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 17:54 by Sara'sman.

The Bard 01 November, 2019 18:39
This looks like awful news regarding Chippy. If we donít expect him to be fit in the next 3 months then it could sadly spell the end of his career. Really do hope not.

myleftboot 02 November, 2019 00:02
Quote:
The Bard
This looks like awful news regarding Chippy. If we donít expect him to be fit in the next 3 months then it could sadly spell the end of his career. Really do hope not.
de ja vu. Been said about him before that ended badly... Hope my sarcasm is right

Sara'sman 27 November, 2019 15:04
Rounds 10-13 confirmed - BT still like us, Pests, Saints and Tigers on TV, Sharks not. (See OP)

Barty II 27 November, 2019 15:09
Quote:
Sara'sman
Rounds 10-13 confirmed - BT still like us, Pests, Saints and Tigers on TV, Sharks not. (See OP)

At least two big relegation scraps on the box!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net