Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A PRECIOUS BONUS POINT!

Latest: MUNSTER 10:3 SARACENS
Next: SARACENS v MUNSTER
Sat 14th Dec Allianz 15.00 ECR

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sat 14th Dec Saracens v Munster BT Sport 14.45

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Overseas game in Chicago in 2020
Discussion started by Waldo , 25 June, 2019 14:44
Overseas game in Chicago in 2020
Waldo 25 June, 2019 14:44
It's reported that there is likely to be a Gallagher premiership Held in the US of A next season - likely to be Chicago as this is the home of Gallagher.

I expect the media will probably be speculating it will be us again !

Re: Overseas game in Chicago in 2020
Duncan96 25 June, 2019 15:51
Ireland have previously sold out matches in a town with a big Irish community. London Irish as favourites for this therefore?

The Bard 25 June, 2019 17:51
London Irish V Sarries it is then...

GazzaFez 25 June, 2019 18:12
Frankly I'm not at all keen on taking our home games and playing them at an away venue under any circumstances. However if it's going to happen I'd happily go to Chicago rather than Swansea, Paris or Limerick as we've been lumbered with for the European Cup.

However, I have been told by my sister who spends a fair amount of time in Chicago, it is effing cold there in the winter so fixture date could be the deciding factor for me, if indeed it happens of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/06/2019 22:32 by GazzaFez.

vunipolae 25 June, 2019 18:45
It would make sense if this is happening every year to rotate through the teams. If we have to do it at some point it makes sense to do it next season when we will have reduced capacity. Also post world cup is probably the best time to attract an american audience

Eric Browett 25 June, 2019 20:18
Great city. But, yes, cold in the winter!

JO'G 26 June, 2019 13:02
pretty sure Oirish will be happy to do this this season as one less rental in the MadStad and the crowd in te states will be pretty good.

disappointed that yet again i've missed out on my home game of the year.

Old Curmudgeon 07 July, 2019 08:48
If it is to be around St. Patrickís Day then it will clash with England away to Italy in Rome in the six nations.

No england, Wales or Scotland players will cheapen the event and leave the door open for a Celtic gloatfest and the double champions on a hiding to nothing.

Should the core players survive the punishment of 80 minutes every fixture during the absences caused by the World Cup, they will have to go again during February and March and I always have confidence in our squad to win but do they need this extra strain of travel and jet Lag?

If it is us and then I will be waving from the Stadio Olimpico having already booked hotel flights and tickets. Ciao

Japie 13 July, 2019 14:52
No sign of a USA game next season. Prem Rugby still want it to happen but the stars arenít aligning in terms of dates, locations, broadcasters, competing sports, teams willing to go, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net