Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A PRECIOUS BONUS POINT!

Latest: MUNSTER 10:3 SARACENS
Next: SARACENS v MUNSTER
Sat 14th Dec Allianz 15.00 ECR

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sat 14th Dec Saracens v Munster BT Sport 14.45

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

WHY I WAS A HOOKER: PART 2
Discussion started by TheSaracens.com , 01 July, 2019 18:10
WHY I WAS A HOOKER: PART 2
TheSaracens.com 01 July, 2019 18:10
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/07/2019 07:41 by Darraghgirl.

Re: WHY I WAS A HOOKER: PART 2
BramleyRoad 02 July, 2019 10:36
Fabulous post, thanks muchly. When I was in the Westminster Hospital 15 that beat St Maryís in the Hospital Cup final it was said that an entrance interview at Maryís consisted of being thrown a rugby ball as you walked in. If you caught it, they offered you a place. If you passed it back, you won a scholarship.
Happy times. My youngest sonís St Georgeís XV won the Hospital Cup three years ago in his first year there, he won player of the year and got made fitness secretary, due in part possibly to the fact that he doesnít drink!
Sighs, nostalgiaís not what it used to be...

Supporting Saracens for 52 years

london pride 02 July, 2019 12:40
Didn't the great JPR Williams represent St Mary's in the hospital cup final ?

Darraghgirl 02 July, 2019 22:31
I too have fond memories of the hospitals cup. Somehow we always lost to St Maryís ! I was more into mixed hockey in those days - the presence of a potentially offensive weapon was very reassuring to the girls on the team !
You were wise to duck medical school - junior doctor hours in those days were horrific!
Role on part 3 !

TonyTaff 03 July, 2019 06:16
Quote:
BramleyRoad
Fabulous post, thanks muchly. When I was in the Westminster Hospital 15 that beat St Maryís in the Hospital Cup final it was said that an entrance interview at Maryís consisted of being thrown a rugby ball as you walked in. If you caught it, they offered you a place. If you passed it back, you won a scholarship.
Happy times. My youngest sonís St Georgeís XV won the Hospital Cup three years ago in his first year there, he won player of the year and got made fitness secretary, due in part possibly to the fact that he doesnít drink!
Sighs, nostalgiaís not what it used to be...

Teddy (St Edmund) Hall, Oxford, have a more sophisticated system than St. Mary's.

If you catch it, you get in;
If you pass it back, you get an exhibition;
If you want a scholarship, you need to successfully kick to touch. smiling smiley

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Waldo 05 July, 2019 05:27
Great Read

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net