Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A PRECIOUS BONUS POINT!

Latest: MUNSTER 10:3 SARACENS
Next: SARACENS v MUNSTER
Sat 14th Dec Allianz 15.00 ECR

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sat 14th Dec Saracens v Munster BT Sport 14.45

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

England training squad
Discussion started by Sarriebone , 04 July, 2019 11:38
England training squad
Sarriebone 04 July, 2019 11:38
Congrats to Jamie, Jack, Mako, Maro, George, Billy, Ben, Owen and Elliot for their inclusion.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-oKxogXoAcPzXj.jpg:large

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2019 12:31 by Sarriebone.

Re: England training squad
OhMaroItoje 04 July, 2019 11:41
The European Player of the Year isnít Goode enough apparently!

Ricardo121 04 July, 2019 11:43
Kruiso in rehab?

Sarriebone 04 July, 2019 11:56
Quote:
Ricardo121
Kruiso in rehab?

That surprised me too, didn't know he'd been injured

SarrieSaint 04 July, 2019 13:28
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
Ricardo121
Kruiso in rehab?

Pre-emptive! He's claiming to be injured before Jones training does for him.

Sarriebone 04 July, 2019 13:54
Quote:
SarrieSaint
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
Ricardo121
Kruiso in rehab?

Pre-emptive! He's claiming to be injured before Jones training does for him.
Genius!

Dave Berko 04 July, 2019 14:20
One Alex missing - what a surprise! But Francis over Alex2????????

vunipolae 04 July, 2019 15:30
Only 3 hookers in the squad right so that means bar injury Singleton is definately in the 31?

GazzaFez 04 July, 2019 16:59
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
Ricardo121
Kruiso in rehab?

He wasn't as such. George had elective surgery a few weeks ago to sort out a long standing issue. All planned to happen after the season end.

Sarriebone 04 July, 2019 18:51
Quote:
GazzaFez
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
Ricardo121
Kruiso in rehab?

He wasn't as such. George had elective surgery a few weeks ago to sort out a long standing issue. All planned to happen after the season end.
Ah yes, I do vaguely remember something along those lines being mentioned a while back

#wolfpack 05 July, 2019 08:13
Goodey was never going to get into the squad realistically - Jones has (bizarrely) never rated him the options at 15 are still pretty good.

I cannot fathom how Loz isn't in the training squad though.

Dave Berko 05 July, 2019 09:47
Quote:
#wolfpack
Goodey was never going to get into the squad realistically - Jones has (bizarrely) never rated him the options at 15 are still pretty good.
I cannot fathom how Loz isn't in the training squad though.

Think I've sussed it.

Loz is too Good(e)

Sarriebone 05 July, 2019 12:22
I'm starting to think Jones just doesn't like players called Alex...

TOKS 05 July, 2019 14:08
Quote:
#wolfpack
Goodey was never going to get into the squad realistically - Jones has (bizarrely) never rated him the options at 15 are still pretty good

I was chatting to a Kiwi mate last night over a few cold ones. He said that his nation is collectively overjoyed by Goode's continued omission. He asked why it was.

I said there are two theories. One is from when EJ was at Saracens in 2009 and fell out with Goode in a big way when he tried to move him to fly-half (and Goode reportedly told him where to stick it). The other was that he doesn't fit into the structure of the back-line.

He replied he couldn't comment on the first one (as none of us can) as it was hearsay. Although he did say if that was true then EJ's childishness was totally pathetic. However with respect to the second he said the Kiwis have a different system. If they have an exceptional player they start with him. Then they construct the backline around that player. EJ's system is totally different. Try and select the best player in each position (excluding full back) and then cross your fingers and hope they can play together.

His final comment was that he was totally delighted an Aussie was intent on destroying England's chances. We had another beer.

Ricardo121 05 July, 2019 15:25
Is this the right place to bring up the fact there's a new England kit just been launched?

John Tee 06 July, 2019 06:08
No fan of Jones and cant understand why lowoski isnt in that squad.

I can understand the Goode story though...I think Jones ego would follow something like that.

AP 06 July, 2019 20:50
Interesting theory on AG - my recollection is that at the time everyone thought he was the next 10 who was being eased in with a season at 15 (as Cipriani had done at Wasps the previous year).

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

myleftboot 06 July, 2019 22:09
I, just.... Yeah. Alex is just too good to leave out unless there's something we don't get. He has been better than ever the year just gone, proving his ability to step in at ten as we long understood. Lozowski, horses for courses, but such versatility in a WC squad makes him as surprise an omission as Healey in 2003, and we all know how that ended up.....

SarrieSaint 07 July, 2019 11:47
It feels like Lozos defence has really come on this season. 13 has become such an important position in that regard and the fact that he is both quick and physical makes him excellent at shutting down the opposition. Has his attack suffered a little in the past season? maybe.
I'd certainly love to see him getting the ball more in attack as he's a beautifully balanced runner and an incredibly skilful player. I'd have him over JJ any day of the week.

John Tee 07 July, 2019 12:04
Teo and Farrell at 12. Manu, Slade and Joseph for 13.
That is why Lozoski isn't there atm. Imv.

one fine day 07 July, 2019 13:34
so where will Daily play in jones's imagination. For Saries I can only see him starting on the wing . if first choices are not available

SarrieSaint 07 July, 2019 14:06
Jones will continue with playing Daly at FB and England will come a cropper at least partially as a result. Its a mark of Jones peculiarities that he'd rather try and "make" Daly into a FB and second play-maker than pick a player who actually fulfills that position to huge aplomb with their club.

John Tee 07 July, 2019 17:54
For a world cup squad, Jones still favours players who can double.
That makes sense and then he picks Ford.

Daly has credit in the bank for England but playing him at fb is draining that fast.

I think he was relying on his senior players still being upto it....but that has left England exposed at 9 because Care has been left out and Youngs is Youngs.

At least he has an inkling of his back row if BV gets injured again.

JO'G 08 July, 2019 10:18
Quote:
SarrieSaint
Jones will continue with playing Daly at FB and England will come a cropper at least partially as a result. Its a mark of Jones peculiarities that he'd rather try and "make" Daly into a FB and second play-maker than pick a player who actually fulfills that position to huge aplomb with their club.

and chosen as European Player of the Year on the back of those performances

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net