Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A PRECIOUS BONUS POINT!

Latest: MUNSTER 10:3 SARACENS
Next: SARACENS v MUNSTER
Sat 14th Dec Allianz 15.00 ECR

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sat 14th Dec Saracens v Munster BT Sport 14.45

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Parking For Next Season
Discussion started by Madpole76 , 10 July, 2019 14:12
Parking For Next Season
Madpole76 10 July, 2019 14:12
Anyone had any details of their parking season ticket yet ?

Seems to be later than last year

Re: Parking For Next Season
jonnybrowne 12 July, 2019 11:39
Quote:
Madpole76

I spoke to the ticket office in May and they told me it would be sometime in July.

Be nice if the price increase was less than 37% this year.....

Roger G 12 July, 2019 16:47
Quote:
jonnybrowne
Quote:
Madpole76

I spoke to the ticket office in May and they told me it would be sometime in July.

Be nice if the price increase was less than 37% this year.....

Other, much cheaper, options are available if you're prepared to walk a little distance. Even "Just Park" prices for hiring a local drive are cheaper than the Sarries car parks.

Japie 13 July, 2019 14:50
Quote:
Roger G

Other, much cheaper, options are available if you're prepared to walk a little distance. Even "Just Park" prices for hiring a local drive are cheaper than the Sarries car parks.

Could you advise where the cheaper options are? Year on year price rises at Hasmonean Girls are disappointing.

Roger G 14 July, 2019 07:24
Quote:
Japie
Quote:
Roger G

Could you advise where the cheaper options are? Year on year price rises at Hasmonean Girls are disappointing.

We park in Bunns Lane car park at Mill Hill Broadway. which is around a fiver on Saturdays, can't remember if it's cheaper on Sundays, and about a 25 minute walk to Allianz. Alternatively seach the "JustPark" web site - there are a few drives for hire in the area, most of them cheaper than the official car parks.

Brighty_Fez 15 July, 2019 12:15
mill hill broadway station is one

£5 on a saturday
Free on a sunday

Some weekends around xmas are also free.

short walk up the high street onto the shuttle bus and a short walk into the ground

Bucks Sarrie 15 July, 2019 14:42
Saracens have release details on the Car Parking.

The Dollis CP is now off the list and they claim they have had to reduce the Power League parking capacity due to safety.

So I have got moved from the Power League and the Hasmoneaon CP (£230) over this safety reason. I can't help feeling their up-to-date records had me in the Dollis had more of a hand in it.

Has anyone else been moved from the Power League or it a personnal?

Roger G 15 July, 2019 15:33
Quote:
Japie
Quote:
Roger G

Japie, I did respond but my message apparently had to be moderated and hasn't yet appeared. No idea why....maybe use of the name B u n n s Lane Car Park at Mill Hill Broadway. Also consider Just Park - there are a number of drives for hire, most of which are cheaper than Hasmonean Girls' School.

FezOnaBike 15 July, 2019 17:11
We have used the 'Just park' private drives in the small estate opposite the Private Medical centre in Page St, booked up until Jan 2020, worked out at £6.20 per match. Very reasonable

......'Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"......

Lucysarrie 15 July, 2019 18:08
Just opened my email I have been randomly selected to be moved to Hasmonean Girls School from the power league as well not impressed so doubt I will be renewing .The reason I park there is because it is convenient coming from Essex ans also due to an invisible disability it is an easy quick walk for me .
I guessed something was going to change again this year like the charge to pay by dd I wasn't told about until I rang up to question the increase.

_Rich_ 16 July, 2019 11:30
Quote:
Bucks Sarrie
Saracens have release details on the Car Parking.
The Dollis CP is now off the list and they claim they have had to reduce the Power League parking capacity due to safety.

We were told the same today.

Up until this season, we had always been on the P1 car park, however when they were doing the parking last year, they said that a new car park operator had been appointed and they needed to reduce the number of P1 spaces for health and safety reasons, but more crucially a bigger number were now to be used for hospitality so there would be less on sale.

So instead, they had to move us to the Dollis Junior school.
It was a pretty awkward car park to get into, as I clipped my bumper on the gate hinge one game. It also didn't hold that many cars and although it was never really an issue for me, it seemed like if you wanted to stay after a game, you were time limited because they wanted to shut the gates.

So for this coming season, we've been told we are back in P1.
Seems a bit strange that they've got rid of Dollis, told others that they are reducing Power League and put us back in P1 where they had previously said they were reducing capacity.

I can only speculate it's perhaps because the P1 car park had loads of empty spaces this year, because they weren't getting used for all that hospitality. I do remember having an argument once with one of the parking attendants because I arrived as the game was starting and he told me they had no spaces left. They had space free for sponsors like Bathstore and Allianz, so I said given I'd paid for the parking, I was going to use one of those, to which he just said that it was fair enough and let me do it!

sutton_sarrie 17 July, 2019 08:40
I called Saracens and found that Dollis, where we have parked since we moved to Allianz, is no longer in operation this season, we were either offered P1 or Middlesex Uni. I don't think we will take either as P1 is more money on top of the massive hike last year and Middlesex Uni is a pretty long walk. Looks like Station carparks or hire a parking space on a drive.

AP 18 July, 2019 07:44
Renewed at Middlesex Uni, it is a long walk but a significant contribution to my weekly exercise.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

jonnybrowne 18 July, 2019 11:41
Does all sound a bit random. I've been renewed in the Power League.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/07/2019 11:45 by jonnybrowne.

Lucysarrie 19 July, 2019 14:30
I spoke to Julie today and she that 10 people had been chosen at random to move and no way I could stay told her I wasn't happy as according to google it is further away . To give her credit where due she did call me back to check I had the right post code as she thinks it only a difference of 5 mins driving and maybe 2 mins walking, which I thought I was nice of her . Haven't decided yet will discuss it this weekend and make a decision. Must say I am curious about the other 9 lol

Old Curmudgeon 21 July, 2019 06:29
My experience was again wholly positive.

As with each year I wait for the email, confident that it will come,phone in and speak to Julie on the given number and pay for my blue badge spot in P2.

Yes it is costing a little more but I recognise that costs of rates, upkeep and staffing increase and see no reason why Nigel Wray should be subsidising my entertainment any more than he does already.

Were it not for this provision I would not be able to attend home matches and coupled with the great help that we always receive from the team in the ticket office and the pioneers, it takes the strain and stress out of the near military scale operation of getting me to and from matches.

While I am on the soapbox, but for the SSA I would find it tough for away games.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net