Latest news:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
ANOTHER SEMI-FINAL

Latest: SARACENS 28:21 HARLEQUINS
Next: SARACENS v NORTHAMPTON SAINTS
Sat 19th Oct Allianz 15.00 GP

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sat 19th Oct Northampton Saints v Saracens GP BT Sport 2 15.00

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

'sup for wasps
Discussion started by sodslaw , 20 September, 2019 12:11
'sup for wasps
sodslaw 20 September, 2019 12:11
Saracens Men team to face Wasps in the Premiership Rugby Cup on Saturday 21st September (Saracens caps in brackets):

15 Elliott Obatoyinbo (2)
14 Ali Crossdale (8)
13 Charlie Watson (0)
12 Nick Tompkins (102)
11 Rotimi Segun (12)
10 Manu Vunipola (4)
9 Tom Whiteley © (30)
1 Ralph Adams-Hale (11)
2 Tom Woolstencroft (22)
3 Josh Ibuanokpe (0)
4 Joel Kpoku (10)
5 Dom Day (32)
6 Andy Christie (2)
7 Sean Reffell (9)
8 Ben Earl (40)

16 Kapeli Pifeleti (0)
17 Sam Crean (0)
18 Sam Wainwright (0)
19 Callum Hunter-Hill (0)
20 Tobias Munday (0)
21 Alex Day (0)
22 Damian Willemse (0)
23 Matt Gallagher (33)

Re: 'sup for wasps
Sarriebone 20 September, 2019 12:36
Wasps (First-team appearances)
15 Rob Miller (102)
14 Zach Kibirige (0)
13 Ross Neal (11)
12 Jimmy Gopperth (79)
11 Callum Sirker (1)
10 Jacob Umaga (7)
9 Dan Robson (c) (96)
1 Ben Harris (44)
2 Tommy Taylor (48)
3 Kieran Brookes (18)
4 Tim Cardall (3)
5 Charlie Matthews (13)
6 Thibaud Flament (0)
7 Ben Morris (19)
8 Alex Rieder (31)

Replacements
16 Gabriel Oghre (6)
17 Zurabi Zhvania (23)
18 Jack Owlett (0)
19 James Gaskell (108)
20 Sione Vailanu (0)
21 Sam Wolstenholme (0)
22 Michael Le Bourgeois (14)
23 Marcus Watson (29)

vunipolae 20 September, 2019 13:17
Very exciting team. Always fun to see all the up and coming youngsters. Happy to see we're not using many first string players who are available. I thought Dom Day had left or is he waiting till after the world cup?

Wasps have a few more first team guys so will definately be a tough challenge.

derbyshire fan 20 September, 2019 14:45
Great to see this set of youngsters for Sarries; and less experience than I had been expecting in the Wasps team overall. However, we average out at just 18 first team appearances for the starting 15 and just 13 when looking at the entire match day 23 - whereas our friends at Wasps come out at an average of 31 first team appearances for their starting 15 and 28 appearances on average for their entire 23. Which means they have double our experience (and that doesnít recognise the likes of Sione who has zero caps for them, but clearly a decent number with us over the last few years).

Sara'sman 20 September, 2019 14:54
I feel I've won the prize for the worst team prediction, probably of all time! But I'm delighted to see us go with so many youngsters, that the coaches are confident they're ready for the challenge en masse, and that we're looking after so many of those who we'll need for the Premiership.

One thing does puzzle me however. In what is essentially a third XV, how can we afford that International in the second row? I keep reading that they're all on at least £400k. We must have at least 30 players worth more than this - £12m+ at least.

Very pleased to see Dan Robson (and Gopperth) back - hopefully he's made a full recovery and gets back to last seasons form (after a shaky first game obviously).

GazzaFez 20 September, 2019 15:23
Glad we're going with a largely Academy/Storm team for this competition. Doing so always bears fruit in the future.

Have to say I also thought Dom Day had left!

Barty II 20 September, 2019 15:31
Dom has indeed "left" but he is linking up with San Diego in the next couple of months, so is free to lend us a hand!

JO'G 20 September, 2019 16:29
Interesting that Tompkins who looks the youngest player on the pitch has almost as many caps as the rest of the XV added together

MyCupRunnethOver 20 September, 2019 17:33
Love it! let the youngsters have a real good go!

myleftboot 20 September, 2019 17:52
Head to head at ten looks very interesting! Our front row are going to have a tough day at the coalface

The Bard 20 September, 2019 18:13
Looks a very tough assignment, but Iíve said that before and been pleasantly surprised!

Darraghgirl 20 September, 2019 19:15
If anyone is being sent to Coventry, we'd love a match report

SarrieSaint 20 September, 2019 19:18
Nice looking team. Surprised that Wasps aren't stronger but great to see they've gone with a nice balance of experience and giving the youth a chance. Echo the sentiments above that it's good to see Robson and Gopperth back.

Doesn't feel like it's often that Sarries could say they almost certainly have a quicker back three than Wasps! I guess Day is on the Chris Wyles, one extra day in the sun, package? Really excited for this game. No matter the result it's brilliant having club rugby back and I look forward to seeing what the next generation can do.

Congrats too to SuperDunc and Maitland for making the starting XV against Ireland. COYS!

Dolph42 20 September, 2019 22:53
Dayís season starts on 8 Feb so itís conceivable he could be around for a few matches. Depending on injuries maybe even until Kruis/Itoje are back.

JO'G 25 September, 2019 13:00
checking the side, I'm thinking that there are 3 non-academy players in the Saracens 23

11 Rotimi Segun (12) - I know he was in the academy last year, but officially joined from somewhere else
2 Tom Woolstencroft (22)
5 Dom Day (32)

Interesting to compare that side to the one from Sale in terms of home-grown products. Wasps have 7 non-academies as far as I can see

Barty II 25 September, 2019 13:35
Assuming you're not counting the "uncapped" non-academy players JOG? Ibuanokpe, Wainwright, Hunter-Hill and of course Willemse?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net