Latest news:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
ANOTHER SEMI-FINAL

Latest: SARACENS 28:21 HARLEQUINS
Next: SARACENS v NORTHAMPTON SAINTS
Sat 19th Oct Allianz 15.00 GP

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sat 19th Oct Northampton Saints v Saracens GP BT Sport 2 15.00

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

RWC returnees
Discussion started by GazzaFez , 09 October, 2019 11:17
RWC returnees
GazzaFez 09 October, 2019 11:17
Argentina are finished now and Juan Figallo wasn't in the 23 so he will have had at least two weeks off before the Prem starts which is handy.

Titi Lamositele did play and the USA do have one more match against Tonga to go so he might not be available for the first couple of Prem games.

Overall having two props returning unscathed from the RWC is very good news, especially this year with Mako and Vince away for potentially weeks yet.

Anyone's guess what will happen with Scotland and our two boys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2019 11:18 by GazzaFez.

Re: RWC returnees
tpr's headmistress 09 October, 2019 15:00
Argentina are finished now and Juan Figallo wasn't in the 23 so he will have had at least two weeks off before the Prem starts which is handy.

I maybe misunderstanding what you've said but didn't he play against England - there's a picture of him with OF and he has a number 3 on his shorts?(Sm26)

paulglynn 09 October, 2019 15:20
The Scottish boys will be back if the typhoon hits and the game with Japan is cancelled and Ireland do not get a point in their final game

GazzaFez 09 October, 2019 15:31
Quote:
tpr's headmistress

I maybe misunderstanding what you've said but didn't he play against England - there's a picture of him with OF and he has a number 3 on his shorts?(Sm26)

TPR I was referring to today's game (Argentina vs USA). Juan wasn't in the squad but Titi did start for USA. Therefore Juan will have had a decent rest but Titi won't have as he played today and potentially could play again for USA in their final match against Tonga.

tpr's headmistress 09 October, 2019 19:23
Sorry Gazza, moving house and brain is elsewhere ......(Sm132)

GazzaFez 10 October, 2019 08:52
Quote:
paulglynn
The Scottish boys will be back if the typhoon hits and the game with Japan is cancelled and Ireland do not get a point in their final game

The England v France and NZ v Italy games were pulled during the night apparently!

Scotland v Japan still hangs in the balance.

You've got to feel for fans who've flown over for the match and paid for hotels etc. They do get full refunds on the match tickets though.

Very unsatisfactory situation IMV. Safety first obviously but doesn't look like they've tried too hard to make other arrangements.

Eddie Jones says he's OK with it.

Barty II 10 October, 2019 09:48
Given the advice is not to travel and to take precautions they would be putting safety at risk by moving everything and everyone to a new stadium. And there's the (stupid) rule where you can't play a scheduled match on a different day.

Sometimes things need putting into perspective - could well see deaths from the typhoon even if they are ultra-prepared, getting the hump about a cancelled rugby match would be a bit narrow minded.

SarrieSaint 10 October, 2019 11:40
All sounds very reasonable Barty but I wonder if there are "other forces" at work here?

I'm unclear why these games can't be played behind closed doors at another venue? They have certainly had time to move to another location given England have relocated back to their original training camp. There is something to play for in all of the games bar the NZ one (I'm a rugby romantic but don't see Italy turning over the ABs) also it means probably three teams going through to the quarters with an extra week of rest. Interestingly at least one paper ghas referred to Tier 1 teams (presumably England and the ABs) saying moving the game is not possible logistically which I'd suggest is BS.

Real shame for the competition if this turns out to be the case. Obviously safety comes first but even so it feels like there should have been a mechanism for getting these games played.

Gryff 10 October, 2019 13:57
All four are Tier One teams. I've seen it suggested not only does the extra rest benefit but the lack of a match against fellow Tier one teams could also be a benefit especially where injuries are concerned!

GazzaFez 14 October, 2019 14:42
Did anyone else spot Wiggy at AzP on Saturday?

So apart from any niggling injuries that's Juan, Titi, Duncan, Sean and Wiggy back and hopefully available. Starting to look a lot better already. I'll be very interested to see what team MMcC puts out against Saints but wouldn't be surprised if most of these guys are rested. Wiggy hasn't trained so he's unlikely to feature this week anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net