Latest news:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
SARACENS TOGETHER!

Latest: GLOUCESTER RUGBY 12:21 SARACENS
Next: RACING 92 v SARACENS
Sun 17th Nov La Defense Arena 16.15 (GMT) HC

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sun 17th Nov Racing 92 v Saracens HC BT Sport 16.00 GMT

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Back to the rugby....team for Gloucester
Discussion started by McSaracens , 06 November, 2019 09:54
Back to the rugby....team for Gloucester
McSaracens 06 November, 2019 09:54
I for one am extremely dejected with what happened yesterday, it truly was a terrible day to be a fan of Saracens. That said, there is a game to look forward to on Saturday and wondering how we expect the team to lineup at Gloucester.

I guess it will be interesting to see how we integrate players back from the World Cup and also the impact that the decision has on the squad. It could go either way - it galvanizes the team to come together or we see a performance of a team that has been mentally hit by yesterday.

As a suggestion how about a team something like:

Barrington
Woolstencroft
Lamositele
Isiekwe
Skelton
Rhodes
Earl
Wray

Wigglesworth
Willemse
Lewington
Barritt
Taylor
Maitland
Gallagher

Bench

Singleton
Carre
Wainwright
Hunter-Hill
Clarke
Spencer
Vunipola
Tomkins

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

Re: Back to the rugby....team for Gloucester
nedrichards 06 November, 2019 10:21
I don't believe anyone who played in the final is eligible (the 3rd/4th game might be just) as people have previously said you have to have two weeks off after your last world cup game so not sure on Carre.

daz_71 06 November, 2019 11:01
Won't Willemse be back in SA? Didn't their squad return as a whole?

Sarriebone 06 November, 2019 11:38
Quote:
daz_71
Won't Willemse be back in SA? Didn't their squad return as a whole?
Not sure, I thought we signed him on a 3 month contract so despite him going to the WC (and barely play) he might still be contracted to play for us

McSaracens 06 November, 2019 11:56
I understand that Willemse is back for the remainder of the loan.

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

daz_71 06 November, 2019 12:16
Quote:
McSaracens
I understand that Willemse is back for the remainder of the loan.

That's not quite what I meant. I was trying to say didn't the entire SA squad fly back to SA yesterday? Willemse is coming back to us for the rest of the loan but I assumed he had gone back to SA for the celebrations.

JO'G 06 November, 2019 12:47
i would be surprised if the team was any different than the Irish one

potentially players coming back from injuries - but none of the English / Welsh / RSA ones
Glaws will be missing their RSA players as well and 57's hammy

odd to think of other clubs having more South Africans than us

Surbiton Sarries 06 November, 2019 13:11
Gloucester vs Saracens
Referee: Craig Maxwell-Keys
Assistant referees: Adam Leal, Philip Watters
Television match official: Claire Hodnett
Timekeeper: Peter Huckle
Assessor: Gary Welsh

Good luck, CMK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net