Latest news:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
SARACENS TOGETHER!

Latest: GLOUCESTER RUGBY 12:21 SARACENS
Next: RACING 92 v SARACENS
Sun 17th Nov La Defense Arena 16.15 (GMT) HC

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sun 17th Nov Racing 92 v Saracens HC BT Sport 16.00 GMT

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

French T14 Anybody?
Discussion started by mr magoo , 06 November, 2019 17:28
French T14 Anybody?
mr magoo 06 November, 2019 17:28
I donít think that Iíll ever feel comfortable again going to any other English premiership club. Therefore I would be delighted if we could move to the French T 14 if we could. Away games in Paris/ Toulon/ Montpelier etc
Would be wonderful IMO. Could retire to the south of France then and be in rugby heaven!!!

Re: French T14 Anybody?
Man From Wick 06 November, 2019 17:39
Will you cheat in that league too?

Quin Kong 06 November, 2019 17:44
So Sarries would move to France. The RFU has jurisdiction over cross boarder comps in England which is why
LI London Scottish etc would not be able to play in the Celtic league. Could move the club toHolland I suppose, the French might let you in, but of course your players wonít be eligible to play for England but Iím sure theyíre fine with that.

So go on off you go, weíll try to stay strong in your absence!

QUIN KONG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2019 17:48 by Quin Kong.

Cereal Killer 06 November, 2019 18:09
Not sure how serious the op was but Iím starting to think joining another league might be one of the only options open to the club.

It has been made clear by some on this board, not all I hasten to add, that the fans will never be welcomed at other prem grounds. The relationship between Wray, the management and their counterparts appears to be irrevocably damaged. And the players involved will always carry the stigma.

For a lot of people no punishment will be enough and before people jump down my throat is am not saying they are wrong, nor am I trying to defend anybody.

Cereal Killer 06 November, 2019 18:30
Certainly wouldnít be easy but if the club wanted it to happen, T14 wanted it to happen and I think they would then the money involved could make it happen. Sarries in the T14 would make the Ďproductí very sellable, no matter how unpalatable that is itís the reality of modern sport. As said above player eligibility would be a big problem.

DaveyP1982 06 November, 2019 18:34
It's no good guys. As punishment for the clubs actions we are hereby denied the opportunity to enjoy satire, banter or make any jokes of any kind. Please ensure you suffer at all times. Christ.

Quin Kong 06 November, 2019 18:46
Sure you could .......just not at Allianz Park or anywhere else in England. Bit of a commute on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday especially if the boarder is as bad as they say it could be after Brexit. At present the only way of staying in London is playing in the English leagues (and your owner is doing enough by himself that you might have to start asking which one you will be in soon).

So if the humiliation is too much then you can:

1 stop watching Saracens or rugby in general.

or the club can

2 Cease to exist as a viable professional club leaving only the amateur side playing and sell off all assets.

QUIN KONG

Cereal Killer 06 November, 2019 18:59
I guess the chances of some form of super league have risen a bit but not going to happen anytime soon. I think option 2 is highly unlikely due to the no rugby parts of the business, ie the school.

EverOptimistic 06 November, 2019 19:21
Please don't consider the T14. As a Bris suppporter my ideal outcome is:

a) Saracens' management accept the result and punishment in good grace and apologise to the other teams in the premiership for the damage this has done

b) Saracens' management make it clear through a public statement that any blame is with them and not wth the coaches, players or supporters, and apologise to them for the damage they've caused

c) Saracens continue in the premiership, rise above the flack they wil undoubtedly experience and finish as high as possible in the table.

IMO this might mitigate the damage and we can all move on

Good luck!

PhilH 06 November, 2019 19:25
Quote:
EverOptimistic
Please don't consider the T14. As a Bris suppporter my ideal outcome is:
a) Saracens' management accept the result and punishment in good grace and apologise to the other teams in the premiership for the damage this has done

b) Saracens' management make it clear through a public statement that any blame is with them and not wth the coaches, players or supporters, and apologise to them for the damage they've caused

c) Saracens continue in the premiership, rise above the flack they wil undoubtedly experience and finish as high as possible in the table.

IMO this might mitigate the damage and we can all move on

Good luck!

Well you certainly live up to your User Name!!

TimothyQ 06 November, 2019 19:46
In all seriousness guys, please remember that all you guys have had is a bit of online backlash. In my experience, people are usually fine (and have much less to say) when you are face to face, and I expect your travelling fan base will be well received at any ground around the country.

Your players might get a bit of booing or stony silence when they run onto the pitch, but that will pass. Bloodgate was, eventually, consigned to the history books.

I know youíre joking, but there is no need for this nonsense. You arenít months from administration or moving to Oxford. Worst case scenario is that you get relegated, and return to the league in 2021. Likely case is that you stay up and miss a season of Champions Cup rugby.

Your club has been around for over 100 years, Iím sure it will still exist when this is over...many clubs with a history just as illustrious as yours have suffered worse.

DaveyP1982 06 November, 2019 20:05
With respect, we are entitled to make jokes and remind each other that there is more to our club than this episode. I really disagree that somehow we should behave more reverently to somehow appease the villagers with their torches. This is our club. Our forum. Largely our fans have been good to other visiting supporters (not exactly convinced by some posts here that this is being reciprocated.) and we ARE NOT responsible we the actions of our board or owner. I happen to think there is more to this than some opposition fans think but regardless I expect to be treated respectfully and politely as has generally been the case. Anyone who wishes to have a pop should still to social media channels where opportunities are plentiful. This is our space and while debate is welcome, taunting and trolling is not.

Bracken&Macken 06 November, 2019 20:31
Yes please go and leave the adults to play in a fair competition.

One slight problem with the Top14 is that with no away fans your attendances would be down to 3 figures.

warwick5763 07 November, 2019 09:18
Agree ever Optimistic. Despite all the hand ringing and listening to Danny Care and Robshaw or not showing up the PR events, we need to grow up, acknowledge , apologise and move onwards as outlined. Its the only thing to do. Put that man in charge !!

TonyTaff 07 November, 2019 12:39
Warwick, who is the 'we' in your post?

I agree that the executives need to apologise etc. I fail to see why fans should apologise etc.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

RodneyRegis 07 November, 2019 13:01
I'm sure the rest of the clubs' supporters would be happy to crowd fund a chartered flight. Now off you toddle.

warwick5763 07 November, 2019 13:19
Good point Tony. The management. Just got my blood boiling reading about Danny Care on the bbc website whilst eating my lunch. Not sure what his angle is other than to get in the media as much as possible a la Haskell. Very surprised at him.

RodneyRegis 07 November, 2019 14:10
His angle? He's probably annoyed that Sarries have wrecked the league he's plied his trade in for years, and that last time they got caught the players had to lump it because you threatened to destroy their livelihoods.

And he's probably fed up of hearing how loyal the players are - of course they are loyal if they are getting perks left right and centre.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2019 14:13 by RodneyRegis.

HonkyTonk 07 November, 2019 15:14
If I was Care (or any other player or coach/Chairman) I would have the royal hump. Im a fan and I have it

MarchingIn 07 November, 2019 15:42
Quote:
TonyTaff
Warwick, who is the 'we' in your post?
I agree that the executives need to apologise etc. I fail to see why fans should apologise etc.

You seem to have 3 types of supporter:

1. True rugby fans, who happen to support Saracens and accept this is a terrible situation that requires action.

2. Saracens supporters who seek to excuse the club of what happened.

3. Casual supporters attracted by your success - many of the ones making the most cringeworthy posts on social media that cast the club in a bad light.

I have sympathy for and solidarity with (1) and don't for a minute expect them to apologise for something they didn't do. Come to Franklin's Gardens and sit next to me and you won't get any stick whatsoever.

(2) & (3) can pretty much jog on though.

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net