Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
THE FIGHT-BACK BEGINS!

Latest: BATH 12:25 SARACENS
Next: MUNSTER v SARACENS
Sat 7th Dec Thomond Park 17.30 ECR

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sat 7th Dec Munster v Saracens BT Sport 17.00

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

TEAM FOR GLOS
Discussion started by Darraghgirl , 08 November, 2019 12:44
TEAM FOR GLOS
Darraghgirl 08 November, 2019 12:44
and the lucky 15 are:-

Gallagher, Maitland, Taylor, Tompkins, Lewington, Vunipola, Wigglesworth: Adams Hale, Gray, Lamositele, Skelton, Isiekwe, Clark, Earl, Wray
bench: Singleton, Barrington, Wainwright, Kpoku, Hunter-Hill, Spencer, Lozowski Segun

Hope hard hats are supplied!

Re: TEAM FOR GLOS
Static 08 November, 2019 12:50
Team I expected. Just hope they can focus. Going to be a tough day I fear

Barty II 08 November, 2019 15:03
Feel most sorry for Callum Hunter-Hill, he's only here on loan!

BlackheathSaracen 08 November, 2019 15:09
An exciting team with lots of the young players who regardless of the immediate future will be the clubs long term future.

I get the feeling this will be a tough game against a very strong Glaws side. I'd hope the more senior players can step-up and provide leadership as well as clam things down if required. Quite some debut for Singleton too.

All the best to the team. COYS

GazzaFez 08 November, 2019 15:28
Team much as expected. I think a win away at Glaws, against a team playing well, will be a big ask though.

Darraghgirl 08 November, 2019 15:32
Gloucester:
15. Jason Woodward; 14. Tom Marshall, 13. Chris Harris, 12. Mark Atkinson, 11. Ollie Thorley; 10. Danny Cipriani, 9. Callum Braley; 1. Josh Hohneck, 2. Franco Marais, 3. Fraser Balmain; 4. Freddie Clarke, 5. Gerbrandt Grobler; 6. Jaco Kriel, 7. Lewis Ludlow, 8. Ben Morgan (capt)

16. Cornť Fourie, 17. Val Rapava Ruskin, 18. Jamal Ford-Robinson, 19. Ruan Ackermann, 20. Jake Polledri, 21. Joe Simpson, 22. Billy Twelvetrees, 23. Matt Banahan

Big ask!

BlackheathSaracen 08 November, 2019 17:36
cwrich I'd just ignore B&M. Their views and general ignorance are mocked even on their Wasps home board.

On the plus side it's always fun to see the hard of thinking talking about single and low cap Internationals in Sarries squad as if they're players unavailable to other teams because of the huge cost of their contracts, oh dear.

Bracken&Macken 08 November, 2019 17:39
Quote:
BlackheathSaracen
cwrich I'd just ignore B&M. Their views and general ignorance are mocked even on their Wasps home board.
On the plus side it's always fun to see the hard of thinking talking about single and low cap Internationals in Sarries squad as if they're players unavailable to other teams because of the huge cost of their contracts, oh dear.

Ah so now it's the number of caps that matter, got ya!

Any agent worth their salt will increase their clients wage demands once they have that international cap against their name.

Deluded.

kentwasp1 08 November, 2019 18:08
Quote:
BlackheathSaracen

Blackheath - spot on again. B&M is a total prat, an embarrassment to Wasps, and has with a couple of other similar snarling one-eyed negative thin skinned bigots driven most Wasps posters off our rugbynetwork site. Sadly he is still there

myleftboot 09 November, 2019 03:14
Best of luck all brave enough to venture up there. The proper shed heads will be as welcoming as ever, it's the faux footy lot who decided the lager they drank all last year was actually pish you have to worry about! Id love to see Ed Griffiths do a Sarries Shed rentamob this week! It would really pay the kids weight in beer if they dared this week!

myleftboot 09 November, 2019 03:44
If Nigel Wray honestly believes that what he did wasn't cheating, he seriously needs to put in an appearance at Kingsholm this wekend. Drinking the last pint of Wolfpack.....

Adey 09 November, 2019 07:55
[quote myleftboot]Best of luck all brave enough to venture up there. The proper shed heads will be as welcoming as ever, it's the faux footy lot who decided the lager they drank all last year was actually pish you have to worry about! Id love to see Ed Griffiths do a Sarries Shed rentamob this week! It would really pay the kids weight in beer if they dared this week![/quote

Makes a thing about football fans.

Wants to send a group down who act like football fans.

sarricen 09 November, 2019 09:10
Quote:
myleftboot
If Nigel Wray honestly believes that what he did wasn't cheating, he seriously needs to put in an appearance at Kingsholm this wekend. Drinking the last pint of Wolfpack.....

Poor form if he doesnít go tbh. I remember reading somewhere heís almost never missed a match as well. May be a sign heís wavering in his support for sarries

Eric Browett 09 November, 2019 11:36
Seeing as they've just lost a world cup final, they've been on the @#$%& and jet lagged....yes. And they were never going to be played in this fixture anyway. Unbelievable.

Convex Hull 09 November, 2019 12:02
Quote:
Bracken&Macken
Quote:
BlackheathSaracen

Ah so now it's the number of caps that matter, got ya!

Any agent worth their salt will increase their clients wage demands once they have that international cap against their name.

Deluded.

Saracens don't recruit through agents, perhaps other clubs should try doing the same?

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

Sarriebone 09 November, 2019 14:58
Slightly concerning that Captaon Concrete is still out, that's a few weeks now, must have been quite a bad concussion

sarricen 09 November, 2019 15:51
Great first half there, tactics spot on. Very surprised it wasnít a yellow at the end. Thatís an ankle snapper

Glaws best player is their 16th man. Loving all the celery caps and wads of cash floating around. Although some of them should maybe focus on supporting their side and giving sarries grief a bit more than trying to get on tv the whole time haha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2019 16:01 by sarricen.

sarricen 09 November, 2019 16:12
What were BT thinking showing the replay after seeing how much pain Ralph was in??? It was pretty obvious it was going to be horrific

Really really feel for him, that is going to be a long long road back

DoubleChampions 09 November, 2019 17:07
WELL DONE BOYS! Fantastic performance!

1876-Fez 09 November, 2019 17:09
Result!... move on..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Darraghgirl 09 November, 2019 17:10
Let's do our talking on the pitch!

nedrichards 09 November, 2019 17:26
-22 points and no bonus given away, crucial. 27 points behind wasps.

The Bard 09 November, 2019 18:22
Absolutely stunning effort all round. Our kicking game from Wiggy and Gallagher top drawer. Other than a spell near the end our scrum held up very well.
Glos will be incredibly disappointed with that performance

GazzaFez 09 November, 2019 18:51
You could hear in the background the dulcet tones of the Glaws faithful chanting away......

"Same old Sarries, always winning". winking smiley

Sarriebone 09 November, 2019 18:57
Quote:
GazzaFez
You could hear in the background the dulcet tones of the Glaws faithful chanting away......
That's what I thought I heard, what a lovely gesture of them (Sm151)

Darraghgirl 09 November, 2019 18:58
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
GazzaFez
That's what I thought I heard, what a lovely gesture of them (Sm151)

+1 Absolutely. Class!

GazzaFez 10 November, 2019 07:18
Celery sticks shoved into hats (caps) was vaguely amusing if a tad obvious.

Playing "I fought the law" through the tannoy was obviously sanctioned by the club but to be honest was probably too nuanced on much of the crowd, being too young to remember the song.

Waving fake £50 was just crass. If I'd been there I believe an appropriate response would have been to wave a handful of real ones back winking smiley

Anyway, get used to it. I'll content myself with doing the serious talking on the pitch whilst the opposition content themselves with comedy on and off the pitch.

colinmiddx 10 November, 2019 10:49
Quote:
GazzaFez

There were a group of us in the Shed yesterday and it and it was probably us you heard.

I would like to say that our welcome to the Shed was good banter, there was nothing offensive and those around us engaged in good chat.

BlackheathSaracen 10 November, 2019 11:16
Quote:
sarricen
Quote:
myleftboot

Poor form if he doesnít go tbh. I remember reading somewhere heís almost never missed a match as well. May be a sign heís wavering in his support for sarries

Well he was there with a significant chunk of the first XV too. Maybe as supporters we should pay less attention to some of the rubbish in the press and judge him on his visible actions?

That's good to hear colin. Friends of mine went too although they weren't brave enough to sit in the shed they said that the atmosphere was generally good and thought that the money, caps and banners were all fair enough and mainly good humoured. I am sure the result helped how the felt about the day out but even in defeat they didn't mentioned any unpleasant behaviour from Glaws supporters which is a credit to them.

TonyTaff 10 November, 2019 14:54
Quote:
BlackheathSaracen
Quote:
sarricen
Quote:
myleftboot

Well he was there with a significant chunk of the first XV too. Maybe as supporters we should pay less attention to some of the rubbish in the press and judge him on his visible actions?

That's good to hear colin. Friends of mine went too although they weren't brave enough to sit in the shed they said that the atmosphere was generally good and thought that the money, caps and banners were all fair enough and mainly good humoured. I am sure the result helped how the felt about the day out but even in defeat they didn't mentioned any unpleasant behaviour from Glaws supporters which is a credit to them.

It is not advisable to sit in the Shed. The view word be terrible and there's a trample risk! It's an old fashioned standing stand - that's a principal part of its appeal.

We were behind the posts that Sarries attacked, in the corner nearest the Shed. We also chanted "Same old Sarries, always scoring/winning" as well as liberal use of "eeyore" whenever a Glos player screwed up - a lung-bursting activity given the frequency of the occurence! The locals were fine - perhaps imitation is the sincerest form!

Cips showed why no international coach trusts him, whereas the final play to try to get out of their 22 and garner a losing bonus point was straight out of a Keystone Kopps playbook.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net