Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
THE FIGHT-BACK BEGINS!

Latest: BATH 12:25 SARACENS
Next: MUNSTER v SARACENS
Sat 7th Dec Thomond Park 17.30 ECR

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sat 7th Dec Munster v Saracens BT Sport 17.00

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Thank you Sarries
Discussion started by Darraghgirl , 09 November, 2019 18:52
Thank you Sarries
Darraghgirl 09 November, 2019 18:52
- for giving us something to smile about at the end of a dark week
- for showing us what Saracens Together means
- For giving us hope that even with a massive points deduction we can do this

Good luck to Ralph - hope he mends quickly.

(message to non-Saracens posters - there are plenty of other threads you can post your views on, please leave this one to the faithful. We don't have a lot to smile about at the moment so for once indulge us!)

Re: Thank you Sarries
scrappydoo 09 November, 2019 19:21
Well said Darraghgirl.

Lets focus and enjoy the rugby on the pitch. I may not be the most energetic fan but having grown up in North London and attended Southgate Tech I have watched our Sarries at Bramley, Southbury and Vicarage Road and soon to be Tottenham Stadium (lifelong Spurs fan too). One day I will watch our beloved Sarries as Allianz Park.

derbyshire fan 09 November, 2019 20:48
Well said DG

BACK TO BLACK 09 November, 2019 21:40
(message to non-Saracens posters - there are plenty of other threads you can post your views on, please leave this one to the faithful. We don't have a lot to smile about at the moment so for once indulge us!)[/quote]

DG - love your posts and commitment but this is way off the mark. The forum is for Saracens and other rugby fans. It's an open forum and we are big enough to deal with all rugby fan's opinions. We (NW) have navigated ourselves into an invidious position and now have to front up - the best way being to do what we did today at Gloucester which lit up my weekend.

I'm personally very distressed about this but the lack of transparency is a real frustration in terms of understand who did what to whom.

Well done Saracens on the field today in the face of adversity.

BlackheathSaracen 09 November, 2019 21:57
Here, here DG.

Incredibly proud of the team. A very good performance and the injury to RAH aside an excellent result. Like you I hope it's not as bad as it looked.

I'd echo your other sentiments too and disagree with B2B. A forum is like the teams club house. If you post on it, even with a view that criticises Saracens, do so in a respectful manner and you will be listened to. Make cogent points and you may well find someone who will discuss the matter with you, you may even change their mind.
Act like an idiot or post the same abusive nonsense and you should expect to be kicked out.

I think the mods are fantastically tolerant here, a quick look at other sites including Chiefs will show you trolling is given short shrift elsewhere and tends to result in perma-bans. As it is I think it reflects well that DG, TT et all are willing to have threads up in which they allow anyone to say their piece but I also think it's reasonable that we can post normal threads without having to wade through comments by the same handful of idiots. If they want to ramble on there are existing threads for that.

Personally my suggestion would be to sticky a thread called something like "Sarries are the best in the World and everyone else is rubbish and it's hard to be humble when you're as fantastic as us" I get the feeling that the traffic on that would do wonders for the sites ad-revenue!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2019 21:59 by BlackheathSaracen.

LutonS 09 November, 2019 21:58
We're all distressed, upset, annoyed, worried and in some cases, pondering our options. But today's performance by the boys was awesome and we deserve at least one thread free of people wanting to have a pop for the sake of it. Our many detractors and outside "experts" have plenty of other threads open to them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2019 11:58 by LutonS.

CambridgeSarrie. 09 November, 2019 22:06

Here we go! Dah. Dah-dah-dee-dah....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2019 22:07 by CambridgeSarrie..

JL904 10 November, 2019 00:47
Quote:
LutonS
We're all distressed, upset, annoyed, worried and in some cases, pondering our options. But today's performance by the boys was awesome and we deserve at least one thread free of people wanting to have a pop for the sake of it. The likes of Dick from Marlow have plenty of other threads open to them.

With the greatest respect LutonS, I think your last sentence was harsh bordering on cheap.

Yes, Marlow Nick is one of the most prolific of rival fans on here - but he's also one of the most restrained and polite ones too.

He is rightfully angry, but hasn't been unduly antagonistic, and not said anything offensive or outrageous.

I have a feeling he'll see this thread, but not respond/post out of respect for DG's original request. I hope Nick will still engage with us on the other threads, but yes it would be nice for this one to remain on-topic.

myleftboot 10 November, 2019 08:19
Agreed DG. Every League game is a final now. The rumours lately in RugbyPass have been savagely accurate, and I reckon if we are relegated, the trap door will be slammed in our faces, making every single point vital.

Sara'sman 10 November, 2019 11:27
Spot on DG. I'm still recovering from a 570 mile round trip but it was worth every soaking mile on the motorways. So, so proud of the performance, the heart shown by the boys.

Wiggy was outstanding, controlling the game, "communicating" with CM-K, Titi a titan dominating the scrum and everywhere in the loose, Clark and Gray played their bodies to a standstill, Isiekwe (almost) a one man lineout, Wray back to is very best, Ö But it was such an unexpected, dominant, controlled performance by the whole team. The physicality of our tackling in the forwards matched by the pace and tactical astuteness of the backs in marking their opponents. Our error count so low in the conditions - and seemingly mainly when we were playing penalty advantage.

A quick comment to ref bashers. How many of you would have spotted Balmain's offence in the non-try, especially when being told to look out for something else and being under such pressure? As will always be the case plenty of perceived "errors", 50-50s going the "wrong way", offences "missed" (both sides should have had a card imv). But he was in total control throughout in a game that could easily have gotten out of and.

A word for the Gloucester players. I've never seen greater respect shown in the post game handshakes. So many players making clear that their disappointment was not going to hide their recognition of a special performance by their opponents. My thanks to the Gloucester lady who won pints for all in her row but gave a lovely warm smile when I asked if she realised she was sharing with Sarries fans - we too were simply rugby fans. And to the young lad from Kent sitting behind me, watching his first ever Saracens game on his birthday, welcome to rugby - you'll see many more eye-catching games, you'll struggle to see greater heart.

Finally, credit too to Shedweb who are able to have a largely polite and balanced discussion re our woes - take this perhaps too generous post for example:

Quote:
Come on Beddis! Sanderson, who is a great coach, has clearly done a fantastic job over the past few days - it's his job to find a way of turning all the negative stuff into a great performance - the shame is that our coaches didn't do their job nearly as well as he did his!
What you guys need to remember is that with the co-investments, they didn't think they were doing anything wrong, and still don't. Their sense of an injustice having been done is real! This really isn't as clear cut as simply paying over the odds. I fully expect the fine and points deduction to be substantially reduced on appeal .

LutonS 10 November, 2019 12:01
Quote:
JL904
Quote:
LutonS
We're all distressed, upset, annoyed, worried and in some cases, pondering our options. But today's performance by the boys was awesome and we deserve at least one thread free of people wanting to have a pop for the sake of it. The likes of Dick from Marlow have plenty of other threads open to them.

With the greatest respect LutonS, I think your last sentence was harsh bordering on cheap.

Yes, Marlow Nick is one of the most prolific of rival fans on here - but he's also one of the most restrained and polite ones too.

He is rightfully angry, but hasn't been unduly antagonistic, and not said anything offensive or outrageous.

I have a feeling he'll see this thread, but not respond/post out of respect for DG's original request. I hope Nick will still engage with us on the other threads, but yes it would be nice for this one to remain on-topic.

Whilst I would disagree with your opinion on the poster in question JL, it was a rather cheap shot fuelled (at least partly) by Guinness. I have amended my original post accordingly.

JL904 10 November, 2019 12:42
Fair play to you, LutonS - we've all said or posted stuff which in hindsight could have been better expressed.

Regarding MN - my view is based on his reply to me on the "what did Sarries do" thread, Pg 3.

warwick5763 11 November, 2019 09:12
Agree DG. For me that was one of the best performances I have ever witnessed from Saracens. The noise was unbelievable and what a coach McCall must be to get the youngsters to play like that. The drive in the rain was well worth it. Only two other Saracens supporters anywhere near us in the posh stand. No trouble and polite banter, although I was asked if we were paying the ref as well ? Hats off to the Fez boys who walked in front of the Shed with the flags and tabard. Priceless.

TonyTaff 12 November, 2019 20:02
Quote:
Sara'sman
Spot on DG. I'm still recovering from a 570 mile round trip but it was worth every soaking mile on the motorways. So, so proud of the performance, the heart shown by the boys.
Wiggy was outstanding, controlling the game, "communicating" with CM-K, Titi a titan dominating the scrum and everywhere in the loose, Clark and Gray played their bodies to a standstill, Isiekwe (almost) a one man lineout, Wray back to is very best, Ö But it was such an unexpected, dominant, controlled performance by the whole team. The physicality of our tackling in the forwards matched by the pace and tactical astuteness of the backs in marking their opponents. Our error count so low in the conditions - and seemingly mainly when we were playing penalty advantage.

A quick comment to ref bashers. How many of you would have spotted Balmain's offence in the non-try, especially when being told to look out for something else and being under such pressure? As will always be the case plenty of perceived "errors", 50-50s going the "wrong way", offences "missed" (both sides should have had a card imv). But he was in total control throughout in a game that could easily have gotten out of and.

A word for the Gloucester players. I've never seen greater respect shown in the post game handshakes. So many players making clear that their disappointment was not going to hide their recognition of a special performance by their opponents. My thanks to the Gloucester lady who won pints for all in her row but gave a lovely warm smile when I asked if she realised she was sharing with Sarries fans - we too were simply rugby fans. And to the young lad from Kent sitting behind me, watching his first ever Saracens game on his birthday, welcome to rugby - you'll see many more eye-catching games, you'll struggle to see greater heart.

Finally, credit too to Shedweb who are able to have a largely polite and balanced discussion re our woes - take this perhaps too generous post for example:

Quote:
Come on Beddis! Sanderson, who is a great coach, has clearly done a fantastic job over the past few days - it's his job to find a way of turning all the negative stuff into a great performance - the shame is that our coaches didn't do their job nearly as well as he did his!
What you guys need to remember is that with the co-investments, they didn't think they were doing anything wrong, and still don't. Their sense of an injustice having been done is real! This really isn't as clear cut as simply paying over the odds. I fully expect the fine and points deduction to be substantially reduced on appeal .

With your focus on the match so concentrated, that, even during breaks in play, I couldn't get your attention, you should be providing our match reports! smiling smiley

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net