Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED!

Latest: SARACENS 15:6 MUNSTER
Next: SARACENS v BRISTOL RUGBY
Sat 21st Dec Allianz 15.00 GP

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sun 29th Dec Exeter Chiefs v Saracens BT Sport 1 14.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Trouble at the Scrum
Discussion started by maynas , 29 November, 2019 21:49
Trouble at the Scrum
maynas 29 November, 2019 21:49
As the commentators said so often tonight, the scrum is so slow, wastes so much time. At least on TV I can fast forward as I always watch a bit in arrears, live its dire. I have maintained my view for ages now that the clock shouldn’t be on till the ball at least goes in and maybe comes out. Thoughts?

Re: Trouble at the Scrum
AP 29 November, 2019 21:52
The scrum that went to a third reset was fascinating.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Sarriebone 29 November, 2019 21:57
Quote:
maynas
As the commentators said so often tonight, the scrum is so slow, wastes so much time. At least on TV I can fast forward as I always watch a bit in arrears, live its dire. I have maintained my view for ages now that the clock shouldn’t be on till the ball at least goes in and maybe comes out. Thoughts?

Wouldn't help with the tempo of the game though even if it does avoid wasting clock time. That being said I'm not sure of what the solution could be.

wolfgangvonb77 29 November, 2019 22:11
Why is the BT commentary always do lob sided they arent impartial. I'm going to start watching our games on mute lol

myleftboot 29 November, 2019 23:07
Couldn't disagree more. The scrum was a high point of this match, the way the balance shifted between Obano and Titi was an amazing thing to watch

The Bard 29 November, 2019 23:25
The scrum penalty at the end with Maro in the bin was the match clincher.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/11/2019 23:26 by The Bard.

Convex Hull 30 November, 2019 06:36
Quote:
wolfgangvonb77
Why is the BT commentary always do lob sided they arent impartial. I'm going to start watching our games on mute lol

I have been doing just that for years.... smiling smiley

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

AP 30 November, 2019 08:30
Sometimes they seem not to have (direct) access to the ref mike (yet they are quick to apologise for bad language I don't hear) or understand his signals as they give the wrong explanation of an incident. Miraculously, when it's replayed 30 seconds later, they explain knowledgeably how it was something else which the referee was doing well to see ... Not that I could do any better, though.

Honourable mention to Ben Kay and Sam Warburton who understand, explain and speak well.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

mfc 30 November, 2019 08:48
Yet many other sites on the network have complaints the commentary is too bias and lenient towards the Saracens.

I think some see a requirement to bring up indiscretions every 5th minute, discuss relegation at each break in play or may be have a scrolling news banner stating this information permanently during the game.

Although I accept this possibly won’t be sufficient for some, but the they could find a surgeon to remove an eye to avoid doubt

SaintsMan87 01 December, 2019 18:15
I feel for you on the scrum front, only really happens at bath. They haven't the skill set in recent years to do much so there game plan is scrum penalties. They're good at that but christ it ruins a game. We hav 1 scrum last 8 mins v them. 8 mins that's obsurd

AnneGran 02 December, 2019 15:10
What infuriates me is they always over talk the Ref Mike, with irrelevancies and nonsense.

EnfieldMal 02 December, 2019 15:48
Quote:
mfc
Yet many other sites on the network have complaints the commentary is too bias and lenient towards the Saracens.
I think some see a requirement to bring up indiscretions every 5th minute, discuss relegation at each break in play or may be have a scrolling news banner stating this information permanently during the game.

Although I accept this possibly won’t be sufficient for some, but the they could find a surgeon to remove an eye to avoid doubt

I’m not going to debate whether the commentators are for or against Sarries as it swings between both. What would annoy me as a non Saracens supporter is that they bring up the salary cap/points deduction at every match whether we are involved or not. Personally as a Saracens fan who also loves watching any rugby I find it annoying & a bit insulting to the other 11 teams. If they want to discuss it why not do it on our game & not everyone else’s

TonyTaff 02 December, 2019 16:11
Quote:
AnneGran
What infuriates me is they always over talk the Ref Mike, with irrelevancies and nonsense.

Too right. Watching it mute is an unsatisfactory solution. The broadcaster should offer a ref and effects Mike feed only. Then measure the take up compared with the commentary feed. Then use the stats when it comes to contract renewal for the commentators - Ugo, you go, back to the dole queue!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

SaintsAsh 02 December, 2019 21:00
Any dominant team will always attract commentary that seems like they love only that team.

Happens in all sports and is annoying but it is never the team in questions fault. Everyone want to be dominant.

maynas 02 December, 2019 21:38
Please lets forget moaning about the salary cap, they mention it, so what. It should make us stronger has to be the only response, but moaning that its mentioned just falls into the trolls’ hands and we’ve had enough of that. Suck it up, we were guilty so let them pan us off the field while we play good rugby on it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net