Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED!

Latest: SARACENS 15:6 MUNSTER
Next: SARACENS v BRISTOL RUGBY
Sat 21st Dec Allianz 15.00 GP

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sun 29th Dec Exeter Chiefs v Saracens BT Sport 1 14.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

This weekend ...Munster....
Discussion started by 1876-Fez , 02 December, 2019 10:50
This weekend ...Munster....
1876-Fez 02 December, 2019 10:50
I wonder how seriously we will take it...

Vincent on holiday already (can't blame him though).

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Re: This weekend ...Munster....
McSaracens 02 December, 2019 11:35
Would it make sense to go for a full strength 15 and then a slightly weaker side, relying on home advantage next week?

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

Eric Browett 02 December, 2019 11:54
Full strength. Next 2 matches decide Europe for us. Win them both we're still in the thick of it. Lose one or both and Europe becomes irrelevant.

boomer! 02 December, 2019 12:15
Quote:
McSaracens
Would it make sense to go for a full strength 15 and then a slightly weaker side, relying on home advantage next week?

Full strength for Munster(a). If we win then full strength for Munster(h)

If we lose, then rest selected players, and get full strength team ready for Brizzle (h) and Exeter (a)

Primavesi2 02 December, 2019 14:32
4 wins could easily be enough to get out the group (it has been before) so I think it would depend on the nature of the loss in the away game. a 5-0 loss and we are probably out. a 4-1 and we should still be looking to pick a strong team for the home game in my opinion. Racing at home will of course be tough but should have a certain 5 points from Ospreys which would help in terms of getting a best runner up spot.

JO'G 02 December, 2019 14:50
the simple fact is we need to do better than Munster in the back-2-backs. although they are currently 2 points ahead I suspect we will do better in our remaining game against racing (home - full team available and then off to England duty) than they will in the indoor arena

Ideally a 6-4 match points tally (or better) will be enough - meaning the result will be entirely in our hands in the last 2 games

Primavesi2 03 December, 2019 11:38
As an aside, anyone want to guess what the aggregate points difference will be between Racing and Ospreys over the 2 games? Wouldn´t be surprised if it was over 80 points or even 100!

nicsue 03 December, 2019 16:57
Quote:
1876-Fez

Was I the only one who was surprised to see him play at Bath last week? Only six days before I had seen him walking in a plastic boot.

Waldo 04 December, 2019 06:44
Quote:
nicsue
Quote:
1876-Fez

Was I the only one who was surprised to see him play at Bath last week? Only six days before I had seen him walking in a plastic boot.

perhaps that turned out to be the wrong decision and he needs to have a little more R & R so he doesn't break too seriously

JO'G 04 December, 2019 11:57
Wonder what happened to Chipi

he seemed fine in the last RWCup game

myleftboot 04 December, 2019 13:19
I thought I read he picked up a concussion?

JO'G 05 December, 2019 22:57
Just arrived in limerick. Drizzling just perfect weather for kick chase defend on the gain line. Bish bash grind muster to the floor

Sully08 06 December, 2019 11:34
We shall obviously find out in half an hour, but given I've just seen Mako training in our local gym in St Albans it looks like we will be selecting a team more akin to Racing away than Bath.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2019 11:35 by Sully08.

nedrichards 06 December, 2019 12:10
15 Matt Gallagher
14 Rotimi Segun
13 Alex Lozowski
12 Brad Barritt ©
11 Alex Lewington
10 Manu Vunipola
9 Ben Spencer
1 Richard Barrington
2 Jack Singleton
3 Titi Lamositele
4 Will Skelton
5 Maro Itoje
6 Nick Isiekwe
7 Ben Earl
8 Jackson Wray

Replacements

16 Kapeli Pifeleti
17 Rhys Carre
18 Josh Ibuanokpe
19 Joel Kpoku
20 Sean Reffell
21 Tom Whiteley
22 Max Malins
23 Nick Tompkins

TonyTaff 06 December, 2019 15:25
Saving the Heavy Brigade for more critical encounters!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Primavesi2 06 December, 2019 15:49
Disappointing that we are not going for it.
Of course I get the reasons why but I fully believe we could still compete on both fronts and comfortably stay up.

myleftboot 06 December, 2019 18:27
It is disappointing, yes, but understandable. I am surprised the bench isn't 'loaded,' i reckon Mark McCall has had some difficult conversations!

JL904 06 December, 2019 19:40
I'm speculating of course, and may be spouting total rubbish - but here's my take on the selection.

First, lose tomorrow and our interest in the CC is done. Second, with post WC rest and the upcoming 6N + rest, our stars will only be able to play a limited number of club matches. Third, they may be needed for crucial survival matches late in the prem season. Finally, Thomond is not an easy place to come away with a win - Munster are more than capable of beating our strongest team there. So ...

... why risk playing all the internationals in what may ultimately be a wasted match with the situation? The pack is still strong, and the side is capable of winning the match. If they do - play the big guns next week to go for a strong second in the group.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net