Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
NOT OUT OF EUROPE JUST YET

Latest: SARACENS 27:24 RACING 92
Next: HARLEQUINS v SARACENS
Sun 26th Jan GP 15.00 The Stoop

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sun 26th Jan Harlequins v Saracens BT Sport 2.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Lions
Discussion started by maynas , 05 December, 2019 14:32
Lions
maynas 05 December, 2019 14:32
Read today with some dismay of the the PRL’s refusal to bring the Prem Final forward one week to help support the already reduced Lions tour of S Africa. Final due to go ahead 1 week before they fly out and on the same weekend the Lions wanted a warm up game at Twickenham. Seems the Pro 12 was happy to do so but PRL wouldn’t even consider it even if they got some compensation. Rather insular of the PRL and what with the tour length reducing from 10 to 8 matches is this just another step towards the end of the Lions?

Re: Lions
TonyTaff 05 December, 2019 15:03
The Lions management should play hardball and refuse to name any Premiership players in their original squad unless the player's club agrees to release the player before the final.

That would ping the ball back into PRL's putrid court.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

nedrichards 05 December, 2019 15:48
Lions blame shifting to PRL after they got stitched up in the San Francisco agreement by the Unions. PRL policy is *very* clear , if you want us to shift our games or to get our players at a different time to that agreed you need to pay for it. And anything else would lead to even greater losses!

maynas 06 December, 2019 22:22
But it was reported they refused to discuss compensation?

myleftboot 07 December, 2019 07:48
To be fair, the PRL have already sold tickets for the final. The Lions chose this itinerary, one can only suspect with a view to assert their authority

Garp285 07 December, 2019 08:41
Quote:
myleftboot
To be fair, the PRL have already sold tickets for the final. The Lions chose this itinerary, one can only suspect with a view to assert their authority
Really? You know the Lions tour isn't at the end of this season? PRL have already sold tickets for next season's final? And as for your second point, I feel it's the other way round. PRL knew when the Lions Tour was going to be - very limited window - and PRL chose to extend the season knowing it would clash, if not with the games, then at least with the prep!
And the report I read, PRL stated they wouldn't move it even if compensation was paid.

myleftboot 07 December, 2019 10:05
Garp, yeah, my mistake. I didn't realise how far back the final had moved that year either. Me blaming Gatland for everything including Brexit again....

Garp285 07 December, 2019 10:38
Quote:
myleftboot
Garp, yeah, my mistake. I didn't realise how far back the final had moved that year either. Me blaming Gatland for everything including Brexit again....
Haha, no worries. But being Welsh I have a somewhat different opinion of St Gats!

JO'G 09 December, 2019 12:30
its a pity almost that Lions were not touring this summer ; no worries then about the players he selects missing out because of the Prem final

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net