Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THE CLUB, THE PEOPLE, THE FANS WILL ALWAYS
HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART"
Kelly Brown

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: Sat 15 Aug BRISTOL BEARS, Ashton Gate 16:30

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Bristol Bears v Saracens 15 Aug 16:00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Euro Team's up for Munster
Discussion started by Sarriebone , 06 December, 2019 12:03
Euro Team's up for Munster
Sarriebone 06 December, 2019 12:03
Saracens team to face Munster at Thomond Park in the Heineken Champions Cup (KO 17H30):
15 Matt Gallagher
14 Rotimi Segun
13 Alex Lozowski
12 Brad Barritt ©
11 Alex Lewington
10 Manu Vunipola
9 Ben Spencer
1 Richard Barrington
2 Jack Singleton
3 Titi Lamositele
4 Will Skelton
5 Maro Itoje
6 Nick Isiekwe
7 Ben Earl
8 Jackson Wray

Replacements
16 Kapeli Pifeleti
17 Rhys Carre
18 Josh Ibuanokpe
19 Joel Kpoku
20 Sean Reffell
21 Tom Whiteley
22 Max Malins
23 Nick Tompkins

Re: Euro Team's up for Munster
Sarriebone 06 December, 2019 12:04
Mixed team, quite a few youngsters in there. Great to see Max Malins back.

Sarriebone 06 December, 2019 12:22
Munster:
Mike Haley
Andrew Conway
Chris Farrell
Rory Scannell
Keith Earls
JJ Hanrahan
Conor Murray
James Cronin
Niall Scannell
Stephen Archer
Jean Kleyn
Billy Holland
Tadhg Beirne
Peter O’Mahony (C)
CJ Stander.

Replacements:
Kevin O’Byrne
Liam O’Connor
John Ryan
Fineen Wycherley
Jack O’Donoghue
Nick McCarthy
Sammy Arnold
Arno Botha.

The Bard 06 December, 2019 12:35
Haven’t seen Wolfie for a while, what’s the story? Looks like being a tough night as strong winds and rain forecast

The Substandard Biscuit 06 December, 2019 12:40
So, no Mako, Jamie, Vinnie, George, Billy, Wiggy, Faz, Sean, Super Dunc, or Elliot - all of whom I assume are fit.
I guess that proves beyond doubt we're targeting league position this year.

No doubt however there's enough quality in that team to give Munster a real run for their money, if they're slightly off. In fact I'm quite hopeful, it's a good side if we can neutralise the Thomond Effect.

BTW - Michael Rhodes - other than making gin, anyone know what is his status please, and if we'll see him again soon ?
I saw highlights of the semi-final last May yesterday, and he gave O'Mahony a thoroughly torrid time.

GazzaFez 06 December, 2019 12:51
Despite us sending what is still a very strong team, as TSB says the message is crystal clear. In the circumstances I'm a bit surprised we have included Maro when we don't need to. There are plenty of options we could have deployed to avoid his selection.

Actually really looking forward to this match. Glad to see Max Malins return as well and with Goode, Figallo, Williams and Rhodes all still to make their comebacks I don't think having the squad available will be our problem.

Sorry Sarrie 06 December, 2019 13:38
Maybe aiming for the LBP and home win at AzP. Munster will be aiming to avenge last year's SF defeat I'm sure. Hope it's a cracking game whatever the result

Waldo 06 December, 2019 14:05
I'm not confident if I'm honest !

#wolfpack 06 December, 2019 14:15
I am also a bit confused as to why we're playing Maro in this game considering the rest of the selections.

Chops3 06 December, 2019 14:28
Maro had 10 minutes off at the end of the last game!!!

The Bard 06 December, 2019 18:19
I guess we have to make a token gesture to show we are putting a suitably strong side out.

TonyTaff 07 December, 2019 11:52
Quote:
The Bard
I guess we have to make a token gesture to show we are putting a suitably strong side out.

Looks that way. It seems we are gambling on four wins being enough, or we have given up on Europe for a couple of seasons.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

BlackheathSaracen 07 December, 2019 13:01
A really interesting team and it should be a good game. Bench looks very impressive in terms of impact but there's no doubting that it's very raw talent. Best of luck to the boys and all those who travelled to support them.

Games against Munster the referee has a huge impact as so much of their gameplan is about disrupting the opposition, seldom legally. If they get their usual free-hand at the breakdown and lineout then it will be a very tough match and our team looks quite raw in terms of the nous for how to deal with that.
Hopefully Barritt will be able to remind the referee that being off your feet, not releasing, jumping across the line, playing a jumper in the air, etc are not in fact allowed.

TonyTaff 08 December, 2019 17:23
Quote:
BlackheathSaracen
A really interesting team and it should be a good game. Bench looks very impressive in terms of impact but there's no doubting that it's very raw talent. Best of luck to the boys and all those who travelled to support them.
Games against Munster the referee has a huge impact as so much of their gameplan is about disrupting the opposition, seldom legally. If they get their usual free-hand at the breakdown and lineout then it will be a very tough match and our team looks quite raw in terms of the nous for how to deal with that.
Hopefully Barritt will be able to remind the referee that being off your feet, not releasing, jumping across the line, playing a jumper in the air, etc are not in fact allowed.

Unfortunately, your wishes were not granted.

Better luck at Christmas!

Don't get me started about Pascal at Castle Grim. Glos should have lost both of their half-backs to the bin in the final 10 minutes.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

nedrichards 08 December, 2019 21:41
Good news, I've read some comments (Reddit, guardian for my sins) and w were we offisde the whole time and Maro should've been sent off for his "robust" clear out. (Which, well, maybe)

BlackheathSaracen 08 December, 2019 21:56
Quote:
TonyTaff
Unfortunately, your wishes were not granted.
Better luck at Christmas!

The good news is surely the use of my Christmas wish doesn't count if that was it working.
77 minutes before he penalised Munster for off their feet! Watch the very first minute or so. POM not supporting, ref tells him to leave it, whilst maintaining eye contact POM stays in for a good five seconds. Boundaries established and abused throughout the game.

Legit breakdown work is a thing of beauty. Bernie when he was at Scarlets was a master. Munster last season and again this just look to kill the ball, gosh it's tiresome stuff. Tbf I thought Sarries dealt with it well in the first half but by the second too many seemed tired out and where getting there fractionally late. Great learning experience though.

nedrichards 09 December, 2019 09:39
It was certainly obvious that the premiership point on emphasis on hands on the floor first and coming back onto the ball wasn't in operation. Of course, the different European interpretations are a big part of the fun/challenge. You've got to deal with it and as you say BlackheathSaracens we did pretty well in the first half and less well in the second. Well done Munster and on to Allianz Park!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net