Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
NOT OUT OF EUROPE JUST YET

Latest: SARACENS 27:24 RACING 92
Next: HARLEQUINS v SARACENS
Sun 26th Jan GP 15.00 The Stoop

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sun 26th Jan Harlequins v Saracens BT Sport 2.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jamie George...
Discussion started by Rinkadink , 14 December, 2019 18:28
Jamie George...
Rinkadink 14 December, 2019 18:28
... watched your match today, anyone have further information? Never seen him that incensed before, apparently the Munster medic said something about his weight and JG wanted to start throwing hands at the lady?

Surely there's more to it?

Re: Jamie George...
Sarriebone 14 December, 2019 18:35
Quote:
Rinkadink
... watched your match today, anyone have further information? Never seen him that incensed before, apparently the Munster medic said something about his weight and JG wanted to start throwing hands at the lady?
Surely there's more to it?

Talk of the medic calling him a fat barsteward, but nothing other than that as far as I've seen.

Edit: seen on twitter that the Munster doctor has spoken to Jamie and has apologised for whatever was said. Apology has been accepted apparently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/12/2019 18:45 by Sarriebone.

Rinkadink 14 December, 2019 18:53
That's good, medics should be impartial IMO.

Was quite amusing to see GJ so riled up, certainly brought the game to life. Congratulations on the deserved win today.

GazzaFez 14 December, 2019 18:56
From the stands we didn't have a clue why it all kicked off. Will watch the recording with interest.

AlanE 14 December, 2019 19:49
Quote:
Rinkadink
That's good, medics should be impartial IMO.
Was quite amusing to see GJ so riled up, certainly brought the game to life. Congratulations on the deserved win today.

Not only the game but the Sarries team. We were behind at that time so the medic could conceivably have cost Munster the match

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

BlackheathSaracen 14 December, 2019 19:51
Unusual to see George lose it and even though it's pretty poor from the medic I'm surprised that it was enough to make him lose his cool.

Odd game. Really could have done with the 5 points but a win and denying Munster anything was acceptable.

Carbon-copy of last week in that if the referee will allow a team to kill the ball at will with no sanction then it will be incredibly hard to break them down. Hard to beat them at their own game as it just results in a tight match susceptible to a moment of magic or indiscipline losing you the game. The penalty against Farrell after the melee just confirming the feeling that the refereeing was pretty uneven.

Credit to the team who dragged themselves above that though. The Vunipolae were brilliant, Mako majestic. Malins had a very good game at full back where he seemed secure under the high ball, made an excellent try-saving tackle on a bigger player and showed glimpses of his potential in attack. A shame not to see the ball kept in hand more as Munster visibly struggled whenever Sarries put pace on the game and we had such an attacking back line. It felt like we played slightly into their hands.

Still theoretically in with a chance of qualification.

JL904 14 December, 2019 19:55
Hmmm - report in the Daily Mule that p'raps it was more than the Irishman calling Jamie a fat aunt - may have said something about family too. That would explain JG going off like that. Talk of the possibility Saracens may report the incident to EPCR.

Banzai1314 14 December, 2019 20:00
Thank you Dr Jamie Kearns for your comments to Jamie. Think you just messed up Munsters chances of getting out of the group stage.

Mac L 14 December, 2019 20:53
Munster got what they deserved.........nothing

1876-Fez 14 December, 2019 20:57
Have also heard is was more of a C U Next Tuesday comment... vile.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Sarriebone 15 December, 2019 12:54
“EPCR has decided to investigate incidents which occurred during the second half of the Heineken Champions Cup, Round 4 match between Saracens and Munster Rugby at Allianz Park yesterday (Saturday, 14 December).
“Information will now be sought from the match officials and from both clubs, and EPCR will be making no further comment until the investigation has been completed.”

[www.rugbypass.com]

BlackheathSaracen 15 December, 2019 15:25
"EPCR has investigated the incident in the Saracens/ Munster game and given Alex Lozowski a 4 week ban, probably, because that's the sort of rabble they are"

myleftboot 15 December, 2019 16:56
Beat me to it, Blackheath. Somehow we will cop a ban in all this

TOKS 16 December, 2019 11:29
I thought we'd already had our random "let's level the playing field" punishment for this season?

JO'G 16 December, 2019 11:45
I loved the comment made by Owen to the ref after he was penalised for running in to the melee.

Faz pointed out he had then got into a struggle with the Munster 13 who by definition must have been furter away.

although the best picture is of Mako V who is in the 'fight' but also rehydrating at the same time

TonyTaff 16 December, 2019 12:21
It has been reported that the doctor has apologised and that both Jamie and the club have accepted the apology. Does anyone have any link to something even vaguely official on this score?

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Sarriebone 16 December, 2019 12:39
Quote:
TonyTaff
It has been reported that the doctor has apologised and that both Jamie and the club have accepted the apology. Does anyone have any link to something even vaguely official on this score?

RugbyPass posted that shortly after the match on Saturday, along with quotes from McCall saying they would have a think about what to do about it. EPCR are investigating according to a statement from them, haven't heard anything further to that

boomer! 16 December, 2019 12:48
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
TonyTaff

RugbyPass posted that shortly after the match on Saturday, along with quotes from McCall saying they would have a think about what to do about it. EPCR are investigating according to a statement from them, haven't heard anything further to that

Apologies are accepted. The club and Jamie should now move on with no further mention of it.

myleftboot 16 December, 2019 13:40
Maybe get said doctor in to do a half time motivational speech!

TonyTaff 16 December, 2019 13:59
Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
TonyTaff

Apologies are accepted. The club and Jamie should now move on with no further mention of it.

Are they? Please provide some evidence that this is not fake news!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

1876-Fez 16 December, 2019 14:05
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EL0PXdYX0AAc1ob?format=jpg&name=medium

Mid brawl....Mako just chilling.... [:wor kid:]

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

HONDA 16 December, 2019 14:06
Said Doctor should know better and should not be allow on a rugby pitch again..

JO'G 16 December, 2019 14:24
it was noted that Dr Jamie Kearns not only made some comments about Jamie being a fat cnut, but there was also supposedly some mention about his family

as it happens Jamie's brother works as a water / medic on matchdays, so the comment could have referred to him. That might explain Jamie's reaction.

Steve Robo 16 December, 2019 20:02
These blydi popups.
I thought our new kit was being supplied by Anne Summers. I wouldnt look good in that

Sarriebone 16 December, 2019 21:43
"interesring" take on the whole thing over on the Munster Forum:

Quote:
JG had to be sent off, can't go at someone who isn't involved in the game regardless of what is said. JG was the instigator of the situation with kicking ball and mouthing off but medic should never be getting involved. We were the loser in the situation as it fired Saracens up, JG got away with a red card and incredibly in the media Sarries are coming out on the positive side when their player went after a non player.
Munster medic was an idiot saying what he did but JG should have seen red.

london pride 17 December, 2019 09:12
Quote:
Sarriebone
"interesring" take on the whole thing over on the Munster Forum:
Quote:
JG had to be sent off, can't go at someone who isn't involved in the game regardless of what is said. JG was the instigator of the situation with kicking ball and mouthing off but medic should never be getting involved. We were the loser in the situation as it fired Saracens up, JG got away with a red card and incredibly in the media Sarries are coming out on the positive side when their player went after a non player.
Munster medic was an idiot saying what he did but JG should have seen red.

Wow so Jamie George gets a red for being vocally offended,and the medic? Now that is being one eyed.

TOKS 17 December, 2019 09:58
It is a fairly one-eyed forum at the best of times!

Innings 17 December, 2019 12:26
Whatever one may think about the reaction, the undisputed instigation of the event was what appears to have been a foul-mouthed obscenity by a member of the Munster medical team. There are no excuses offered for his behaviour, and an apology should not be an end to the matter, which has affected the good name of every party involved, not least Munster rugby. The matter should be investigated and if the event is as seems to be generally accepted, there has to be sanction.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Primavesi2 17 December, 2019 13:48
An important point to remember here is that while both teams have their own medical teams both of those are charged with providing assistance to any player or official on the pitch at any moment. It is not that uncommon to see a team doctor tending to an opposition player. Of course if you work for a club you will support them from the sidelines but I believe it is part of your professional duty to maintain a certain detachment and certainly not to get into conflict with one of the players who you are ultimately responsible for.

All that being said, I did not see the incident. Is there any truth in the claim that Jamie kicked the ball at the doctor first?

Sarriebone 17 December, 2019 14:00
Quote:
Primavesi2

All that being said, I did not see the incident. Is there any truth in the claim that Jamie kicked the ball at the doctor first?

Go to 2.21 in this video, Jamie is kicks the ball in frustration and it hits a munster players feet, the ball then goes over towards the medic, JG then goes over to get the ball which presumably is when the comments were made.
[youtu.be]

Still not quite sure why Faz was singled out to be penalised when half the Munster team came running in, Their 13 even shoulders someone as he joins in!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/12/2019 14:05 by Sarriebone.

Primavesi2 17 December, 2019 15:58
Thanks Sarriebone.

The doctor was clearly in the wrong but Jamie could probably have handled it a bit better. A pretty ugly incident that should now be put to bed in my opinion.

JO'G 17 December, 2019 16:32
Quote:
Sarriebone
Still not quite sure why Faz was singled out to be penalised when half the Munster team came running in, Their 13 even shoulders someone as he joins in!

I'm given to understand the ref said 'as captain he should be setting a better example'

BlackheathSaracen 17 December, 2019 17:26
Quote:
JO'G
Quote:
Sarriebone

I'm given to understand the ref said 'as captain he should be setting a better example'

Probably a good thing Farrell didn't suggest a referee should be refereeing the game properly?

nicsue 17 December, 2019 18:12
The cynic in me wonders if the apology will be noted as mitigation when the investigation takes place if it gets to the point of sanctions.

AlecW 19 December, 2019 13:19
Speaking as a neutral, having watched the video, medic clearly says something to JG, who reacts angrily, but in an angry, finger wagging way - not threatening, or violent: as someone would say - 'here, you, that's bang out of order...!'.

Someone from the dugouts (dunno from which) or one of the officials tries to get between them and calm things down. Medic has another go / says something else and JG again reacts angrily, trying to stride towards medic - will same dugout bloke again trying to keep the peace. By this stage, players from both sides are wandering over / taking an interest. Presumably JG says 'he said XXXXX to me' or 'he called me a YYYYY' and it kicks off...

From the (silent - no volume) video, I reckon JG acts with understandable anger, but also a fair amount of restraint - until it becomes une bagarre generale, in which case - everyone in!

Cheers

Alec from LI

TOKS 19 December, 2019 14:28
And a deafening silence ensues as EPRC remember that, under their regulations, they aren't actually allowed to ever take disciplinary action against Munster.

Nothing on the relevant bit of the website

tpr's headmistress 19 December, 2019 15:36
Blimey - Northampton featured 3 times against Leinster.(Sm124)

JL904 19 December, 2019 15:41
Three Saints players cited, all for dangerous tackling - separate incidents during the same match.

Did anyone watch it on TV - were all three that bad, or did a Saints player run over his foot in the car park or summat ?

Edit - sorry tprh, you posted whilst I was writing ...

Wars begin when you will, but they do not end when you please - Niccolo Machiavelli

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/12/2019 15:47 by JL904.

tpr's headmistress 19 December, 2019 18:05
Quote:
JL904
Three Saints players cited, all for dangerous tackling - separate incidents during the same match.
Did anyone watch it on TV - were all three that bad, or did a Saints player run over his foot in the car park or summat ?

Edit - sorry tprh, you posted whilst I was writing ...

Did you mean the citing officer - that may have upset him.(Sm133)

JL904 19 December, 2019 18:38
Yup - my bad

Sarriebone 23 December, 2019 17:35
Following an investigation, EPCR has decided to bring a misconduct complaint against the Munster Rugby Team Doctor, Dr Jamie Kearns, arising from the Heineken Champions Cup fixture between Saracens and Munster on Saturday, 14 December 2019

[www.rugbypass.com]

TonyTaff 23 December, 2019 17:55
This is shocking!

Jamie George should be given a 14-week ban from international rugby (Sm22) ...

... and Farrell too! I'm pretty sure that Maro Itoje is implicated also.

Roderick Flashheart 23 December, 2019 18:11
If you're using sources linked to the Telegraph's comments section I'm sure that Alex Goode and Chris Ashton
will have been implicated in the run up to the melee as well......

myleftboot 23 December, 2019 18:57
Don't forget the menacing way Mako drank in the middle of it all, Tony, definitely the ringleader

Sorry Sarrie 23 December, 2019 19:13
Quote:
myleftboot
Don't forget the menacing way Mako drank in the middle of it all, Tony, definitely the ringleader

Definite incitement to further violence behaving in a nonchalant way and not taking protagonists seriously (Sm20)

Innings 23 December, 2019 23:33
And MMC for failure to observe biscuit protocol at the hearing. He cannot be exonerated on the flimsy technicality that there hasn't been a hearing and that no biscuits are involved: he needs to be made to understand that having been in the area at the time he was as guilty as NW, who of course does not even need to be charged in order to be guilty.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Sarriebone 31 December, 2019 14:38
The Munster medic had been called to answer a misconduct complaint after his verbal abuse of Saracens’ Jamie George sparked a mass brawl at Allianz Park on December 14.

An independent disciplinary committee composed of Simon Thomas (chair, Wales), Jean-Noel Couraud (France) and Rhian Williams (Wales) found that Kearns had breached EPCR disciplinary rules by verbally abusing George about his weight during the London club’s 15-6 win.
Taking into account the immediate expression of remorse shown by Kearns, the committee imposed a three-week touchline ban – suspended for a period of 12 months – and an immediately payable fine of €2,000.

[www.rugbypass.com]

TOKS 31 December, 2019 15:54
He very possibly lost Munster the game. That will have to sit with him for far longer.

Sorry Sarrie 31 December, 2019 17:57
Ha, and now the Sandy Park melee. Is this becoming a handbagging bonanza (Sm9)

TonyTaff 31 December, 2019 23:26
I fear that Wayne Barnes' excellence is, er, waning. There was much preventative officiating that he could have delivered.

That having been said, the younger cadre are not yet better than he.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net