Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
LOCKDOWN!

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: God only knows!

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Micheal Fatialofa
Discussion started by Sorry Sarrie , 05 January, 2020 10:09
Micheal Fatialofa
Sorry Sarrie 05 January, 2020 10:09
I'm sure all Saracens fans whether at AzP yesterday or not send their best wishes for a speedy recovery for Michael. It's a gut wrenching moment to see play suspended for so long whilst a player lies injured and motionless.

My wife and I are on the verge of splitting up because of my obsession with rugby.
I've decided to give it one last try......

Re: Micheal Fatialofa
derbyshire fan 05 January, 2020 10:24
All our support to Michael for a speedy recovery

Barty II 05 January, 2020 17:35
I was unfortunately standing pretty much in front of it and could see he was in bother almost before he hit the ground. Very nasty. Appreciation should go to the medical staff from both teams who were on hand rapidly, and best wishes to Michael, hope he makes a full recovery

Darraghgirl 05 January, 2020 18:03
His wife posted this on an Instagram story last night:

"My beautiful husband was hurt real bad tonight. We need miracles. We need prayers. We need the power of God to intervene and HEAL him. I won't relent until I see a breakthrough. You are my universe @michaelfats I got you baby! Thank you for the overwhelming amount of messages of support already.
He can't feel his body (YET!) but he feels every prayer"

Not sounding good! Our thoughts and prayers are with Michael and Tatiana tonight.

Dave Berko 05 January, 2020 18:05
I so hope he recovers quickly.

Very best wishes.

tpr's headmistress 05 January, 2020 20:10
His poor wife - that post of hers made me go cold. I do hope her prayers are answered quickly. It does put recent stuff into perspective though.

derbyshire fan 05 January, 2020 21:45
All my love and prayers to Michael and Tatiana

David@Sarries 06 January, 2020 00:39
I watched the highlights and it seemed an innocuous tackle that he made; neither player was really moving at speed.

I hope that Michael makes a full recovery.

Darraghgirl 06 January, 2020 12:03
Latest Instagram post from Tatiana-

"Haven't had a chance to reply to a single person yet but @michaelfats is overwhelmed (in the best way) by all the prayers and support - it's TRULY keeping his spirits high, just so thankful honestly for the outpouring of love!
We can tangibly feel the presence of God enveloping us in this horrible situation & have such trust that He is good through it all.
Update wise: Michael is stable in Intensive Care right now. Pls keep praying for any improvements.
Love the Fats"

Darraghgirl 06 January, 2020 13:40
Sadly another update which sounds really bleak:-
"No visitors today pls.
Need big prayers.
With all our love x"

Darraghgirl 06 January, 2020 17:44
Latest update - he is about to have surgery

Convex Hull 06 January, 2020 18:02
[warriors.co.uk]

Sounds more promising.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

villagesarrie 06 January, 2020 20:13
That sounds much better than it did earlier in the day. Still not great but more hopeful.

Faithful_City 07 January, 2020 12:35
Latest update from Michael's wife

Quote:
WN

MICHAEL Fatialofa's wife has reported his neck surgery was a success.

The Warriors lock underwent an operation to alleviate "bruising and swelling on his spinal cord" that left him with "reduced power and sensation in his arms and legs".

READ MORE | "Stable" Fatialofa set for surgery

Fatiafola has been in St Mary’s Hospital, London, since Saturday when he was stretchered off in a neck brace during Worcester's 62-5 defeat at Saracens.

Tatiana Fatialofa posted a picture of her husband's tattoo, which features a quote from the Bible, on Instragram with the caption: “Michael is the strongest man I know.

"Surgery was a success… but we already knew it would be because if God is for us, who can be against us!”

Good news all round so far

JP

Static 07 January, 2020 13:09
That is great to hear. I m sure there is a long recovery but every small improvement is a big win for Michael.

AlanE 07 January, 2020 16:43
That does sound promising. As far as I am concerned this is more important than other issues on here at the moment and the first thread to read when coming on here.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Roger G 07 January, 2020 18:28
Quote:
AlanE
That does sound promising. As far as I am concerned this is more important than other issues on here at the moment and the first thread to read when coming on here.

+1.

Michael's condition has been much on my mind since Saturday.

Faithful_City 08 January, 2020 14:12
A posting on twitter from Micael's wife who so desperately wants to be by his side 24/7 and the hospital is making that difficult.

Quote:
Tatiana Fatialofa

MICHAEL Fatialofa is “feeling so positive" today after drawing inspiration from the flurry of messages from well-wishers while wife Tatiana pushes for 24-hour access to his bedside.

Tatiana Fatialofa has been sharing updates via Instagram, laying bare the emotions of her family’s world being turned upside down during the early hours of the morning and making the case to be able to stay with her husband throughout his recovery.

“When the lights go out and this all fades for everyone else, our world will still be standing still and twisted upside down, that’s why we ask for prayers now, knowing they will be what sustains us in the days, weeks, months and years to come when the real work begins”.

“This isn’t “news” this is Michael’s LIFE! Our life! Our future children’s life (you best believe we will be able to have anau of our own one day!)

“We are otherwise two very keep-to-ourselves humans connected to extremely tight-knit aiga/communities, and we’ve never cared for the fuss, but — when crisis hits our shores it’s out of the desperation and humility of my heart to call on others to stand in the gap for my darling husband, and see that God gets maximum glory through this brutal situation”.

“I need every prayer warrior willing enough to fight for 24/7 access”.

“If you know us, we are that couple who do EVERYTHING together and I mean inseparably so. We are ONE, so restrictively being apart for 14-plus hours a day with limited visiting (with the potential for even stricter hours as he eventually moves through wards) is an absolute NO!!!”

“We have evidently seen that when we are together he’s been stable and progressing”.

“When we are apart he deteriorates in some way. It’s the same when his loved ones are present too”.

"We simply cannot have any barriers to being in proximity at all times!”

“Our Pasifika know that FAMILIES ALWAYS STICK TOGETHER, we do not leave each other’s sides. We are not raised as individuals, we belong to one collective whole — the village a village separated is weak.

So, help us unite our village because we only do STRONG!!!”

An update this morning revealed Michael had been in higher spirits.

Helped by yesterday's visit from Cardiff Blues player and friend Willis Halaholo, who said,“He gets so encouraged and constantly asks me to show or read him messages of support, they all keep his spirits high! Thank you to everyone for reaching out, we are moved in a real way. Not just saying that!”

“Truly thankful.”

Lovely passionate loving words, I truly hope the hospital can keep them together as this undoubtedly will help Michael to recover.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net