Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
LOCKDOWN!

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: God only knows!

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Michael Fatialofa
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 10 January, 2020 10:30
Michael Fatialofa
Faithful_City 10 January, 2020 10:30
As you guys have been so supportive of Michael and his family, I though you may like this

The club have set up and email so that you can send a message of support to Michael and Tatiana.

Click the email link below

fats@warriors.co.uk

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2020 15:08 by Faithful_City.

Re: Michael Fatialofa
tpr's headmistress 10 January, 2020 10:58
FC - it's saying The address "fats@warriors.co.uk." in the "To" field was not recognized" should the fullstop at the end be knocked off?

Sorted - I just knocked off the end stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2020 11:02 by tpr's headmistress.

Faithful_City 10 January, 2020 15:09
Thanks, I have edited

JP

hertsman 16 January, 2020 21:41
Sadly another life changing injury.

Best wishes to both players. Just a reminder of what these guys risk week in week out.

wolfgangvonb77 18 January, 2020 01:37
Prayers for both players

Roderick Flashheart 20 January, 2020 09:36
Saw on the Worcester News website over the weekend that Michael could be out of Intensive Care this week.

I certainly hope that this is the case and that his recovery proceeds as swiftly as possible

daz_71 20 January, 2020 09:52
Quote:
Roderick Flashheart
Saw on the Worcester News website over the weekend that Michael could be out of Intensive Care this week.
I certainly hope that this is the case and that his recovery proceeds as swiftly as possible

Indeed this is good news however I did see a post from his wife that did put that statement in to context - something along the lines of Michael being able to move his little finger and hoping that this week the Drs will try allowing Michael a sip of water to see if he can swallow it. I guess these comments put in to perspective the fight that Michael now has and in many ways how trivial the constant sniping from others about Saracens and cheating currently is.

Rugby is just a sport - what happened to Michael is effectively life and death. I am not religious so don't believe in prayer but I will keep Michael in my thoughts and will try to monitor how he is doing as much as I can.

Roderick Flashheart 20 January, 2020 11:32
That's a great sentiment daz - I think we should all hold Michael in our thoughts at this time

ROLLO 20 January, 2020 16:48
And why it is all the sadder that the game in which he was injured in itself has no bearing on the league table.

Sarriebone 23 January, 2020 17:08
Warriors lock Michael Fatialofa has been moved from the Intensive Care Unit at St Mary’s Hospital in London to the Major Trauma Unit at the hospital.
Michael has been diagnosed with a spinal contusion, a serious condition which causes compression on the spine. He has undergone surgery to relieve the pressure on his spinal cord caused by bruising and swelling.
Michael’s condition remains serious but he is making good progress and he is showing encouraging signs of improvement.
The hope is that Michael will soon be transferred to the internationally-acclaimed spinal injuries unit at Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Buckinghamshire to continue his rehabilitation.

mrangry 23 January, 2020 18:11
Great news. Let's hope that he makes a complete recovery as soon as possible.

#wolfpack 04 February, 2020 14:01
[www.justgiving.com]

Michael finally left hospital yesterday and moved to the spinal rehab clinic. Restart (RPA's official charity) have set up a JustGiving campaign page. Link above.

londondoc 04 February, 2020 19:56
Donated. I can’t help but thinking that he was there for my “entertainment”. Go well Michael.

#wolfpack 12 February, 2020 15:13
Sarries will be donating £1000 for every Saracens try scored on Saturday.

There will also be collection buckets etc around the ground.

West Brom Warrior 12 February, 2020 15:51
Quote:
#wolfpack
Sarries will be donating £1000 for every Saracens try scored on Saturday.
There will also be collection buckets etc around the ground.

A wonderful gesture from Saracens

Garym 12 February, 2020 21:10
A great gesture and if you could start with the 10 you ran in against us, that would help.

raedarius 13 February, 2020 10:42
Cue people criticising you for taking the three points in a close game...

tpr's headmistress 13 February, 2020 11:01
Of course, Raedarius, gotta keep the folks happy .......

Barty II 13 February, 2020 11:58
Would hope that given the actual result has no meaning for us, we kick for the corner every time!

ROLLO 13 February, 2020 12:52
Well done Sarries a great a gesture, Lets hope for a try fest! Thanks from a Warrior.

Roderick Flashheart 13 February, 2020 16:58
Saw a clip from Michael's Instagram this morning - sheer guts and drive there. Continued good luck to him and his recovery team.

Here's to a great match, with a cricket score at the end.

Wilson Pickett 13 February, 2020 18:56
miserly sums but better than nothing

tpr's headmistress 13 February, 2020 19:07
Quote:
Wilson Pickett

Perhaps you'd like to drop a few quid to his Appeal Fund instead of constantly carping. The link is in wolfpack's post above. Fill your boots!

Wilson Pickett 13 February, 2020 22:27
emailed Fats weeks ago, last year ran London Marathon for RFU Injured Players Foundation, friends heavily contributed to Rob Horne’s auction (more than Saracens will raise), good point will add onto that page too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2020 22:35 by Wilson Pickett.

tpr's headmistress 13 February, 2020 23:23
Oh you're such a hero ...... Don't forget to give that halo a burnish.

darktagnan 14 February, 2020 00:16
So you are going to put some cash in then - simple yes or no question with no need to blather on about your other endeavours?

JL904 14 February, 2020 01:54
Quote:
Wilson Pickett

A genuine, serious question for you, Wilson.

If you didn't make that comment purely and simply to snipe, sneer and antagonise Saracens fans, rather than merely posting on your own board ...

... why exactly did you come here and post it ?

Wilson Pickett 14 February, 2020 08:11
If you don't like alternative views that is up to you. I didn't snipe at any fans unless you are in charge of the club's PR and CSR/ESG policy? To my mind honourable charity work is helping people without fuss or upside to the donor, I only mentioned mine when challenged.

I would note that I believe NW donated his Twickenham box for Rob Horne's auction without any noise, that is great stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2020 08:14 by Wilson Pickett.

tpr's headmistress 14 February, 2020 09:42
It wasn't an alternative view about the subject matter. There was no need for you to hijack this thread - you've practically taken over everywhere else. You do snipe continually on here, a fans' forum - you obviously can't help yourself. You were challenged because you had to make a negative comment on a positive thread just so you could blow your own trumpet (no fuss - really!) Sad!

wolfgangvonb77 14 February, 2020 10:31
Glad hes getting better and hope he continues making progress and we raise a good amount

JL904 14 February, 2020 11:09
Quote:
Wilson Pickett
If you don't like alternative views that is up to you. I didn't snipe at any fans unless you are in charge of the club's PR and CSR/ESG policy? To my mind honourable charity work is helping people without fuss or upside to the donor, I only mentioned mine when challenged.
I would note that I believe NW donated his Twickenham box for Rob Horne's auction without any noise, that is great stuff.

In other words, you came trolling.

Your first post on this topic "Miserly sums but better than nothing"

If you don't like being challenged on it that's up to you, but don't try and pretend that you're doing anything other than stirring on this thread.

Coughie 14 February, 2020 12:03
Wilson is right about the PR boys and girls, both internal and external. They should be ashamed of drawing their money.

In fact, maybe their salaries and fees should be donated to Michael Fatialofa?

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

tpr's headmistress 14 February, 2020 12:07
Maybe he is Coughie, but no point in coming on here and berating us about it. It is what it is.

BlackheathSarrie 15 February, 2020 17:47
£4K plus the money collected at the game towards Michael Fatialofas justgiving.
I'm sure it goes with the club and supporters best wishes for his continued recovery too.

colinmiddx 16 February, 2020 15:53

BlackheathSarrie 16 February, 2020 17:02
That sounds positive colinmiddx even though he is undoubtedly facing a huge challenge. All the best to him and his family.

Sarriebone 07 March, 2020 11:28
Great to see him walking, even if it is with crutches!
[www.rugbypass.com]

GazzaFez 07 March, 2020 11:41
Quote:
Sarriebone
Great to see him walking, even if it is with crutches!
[www.rugbypass.com]

I saw that as well. Very encouraging news although looks like he has a long road ahead of him to get near full recovery. It rather brings other rugby related stuff into sharp perspective!

wolfgangvonb77 07 March, 2020 14:34
Great to see he is making a good recovery.

Static 07 March, 2020 15:52
Best news of the day. Great to see the progress Fats has made.

Barnesy 21 March, 2020 04:03

The Bard 21 March, 2020 09:09
That’s incredibly good news, and by God we need some

PhillFez 21 March, 2020 09:09
Really good news for Michael and his family

Dave Berko 21 March, 2020 10:14
So pleased for him and his family. Great news.

Static 21 March, 2020 12:08
That was the best video I have seen in a while. His recovery is an inspiration to uaall right now.

nedrichards 21 March, 2020 21:01
Fantastic news.

Harrow Sarrie 06 June, 2020 07:05
More great news.

GazzaFez 06 June, 2020 16:54
That is a great sight. I like many, feared the worst in the first few weeks after his injury. He seems to be walking very well and will only get stronger as time goes by. Some good news for a change!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net