Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THE CLUB, THE PEOPLE, THE FANS WILL ALWAYS
HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART"
Kelly Brown

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: Sat 15 Aug BRISTOL BEARS, Ashton Gate 16:30

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Bristol Bears v Saracens 15 Aug 16:00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Matt Gallagher to Munster?
Discussion started by MaroonTyke2 , 12 January, 2020 10:28
Matt Gallagher to Munster?
MaroonTyke2 12 January, 2020 10:28
According to TRP.

Also suggests that Williams and Kruis could be released immediately. And that others on their way out could be Lewington, Maitland, Ali Crossdale and Joe Gray in addition to Clarke and Rhodes.

Re: Matt Gallagher to Munster?
Dave Berko 12 January, 2020 10:31
It is Fissler!!!!

Roger G 12 January, 2020 11:54
There have been a couple of reports, apparently from the horses mouth, that Kruis is going nowhere. Hard to believe anything in the press until it actually happens.

BlackheathSarrie 12 January, 2020 13:03
So many rumours around right now but Gallagher has already shown his potential and I'd much rather see that backed and invested in than not.

Graeme D 12 January, 2020 13:49
Quote:
MaroonTyke2
According to TRP.
Also suggests that Williams and Kruis could be released immediately. And that others on their way out could be Lewington, Maitland, Ali Crossdale and Joe Gray in addition to Clarke and Rhodes.

Scatter gun approach . Name enough people, will get one right and dine out on it for six months quietly forgetting the other 90 % that were wrong.

I note nothing is being said about Joel now which was apparently 100 %.

We are bound to have changes at the end of the season we always do. Repeating and reposting articles is what the media want us to do . It drives up their revenue stream .

Graeme

jonnybrowne 12 January, 2020 20:11
Some of the names make sense and would probably have been due to leave anyway, some would be a surprise/disappointment and some would be a shock. but we'll only know for sure when the official announcements are made.

So I for one will fret when there's something to fret about.

(Sm74)

boomer! 12 January, 2020 20:57
A close and very reliable friend of mine had coffee with a well regarded and highly respectable former player of this parish............

I will quote our former player "stay calm"

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

TOKS 13 January, 2020 11:11
I think EG's plan has worked a little too well!

He's a canny s*d. He's had a little think and said to himself "now what would people want to hear?" So basically a little contrition and a vague we'll have to review the playing staff as a matter of urgency.

So that is what he said.

Cue mass hysteria and papers surmising/guessing which players would be off. Which, apart from those due to be released anyway, could well be no one.

Add that to the not quite fictional, but certainly heavily embellished and exaggerated article in the Times last week about the 70-point deduction, and containing the now-obligatory quote from "a spokesman for Premiership rugby", and I feel quite sorry for other parts of the rugby community. Every time they try to move on something else sends them into meltdown!

I suspect Matt will end up going nowhere.

Sarriebone 13 January, 2020 12:09
So right now we have rumours of:

Gallagher to Munster
Kruis to Japan/Saints
Kpoku to Saints
Williams to Scarlets (mid-season)

And
Rhodes, Figallo, Clark, Lewington, Barritt, Wigglesworth all being let go...

Random speculation is fun, isn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2020 12:12 by Sarriebone.

Dolph42 13 January, 2020 12:12
Quote:
Sarriebone
So right now we have rumours of:
Gallagher to Munster
Kruis to Japan/Saints
Kpoku to Saints
Williams to Scarlets (mid-season)

Steve Diamond was quoted saying that Kruis didnt want to join another English club. IF he went to Japan it has the feel of a NZ style sabbatical.

TOKS 13 January, 2020 12:28
Quote:
Sarriebone

As long as you know it's random speculation or guesswork. And not attribute the merest shred of credibility to it as certain papers are doing.

Still, we've discovered over the past couple of months just how gullible some rugby fans are.

tpr's headmistress 13 January, 2020 15:27
Steve Diamond was quoted saying that Kruis didnt want to join another English club.

Why would he with all the cr@p that's been directed at him and his team mates.

boomer! 13 January, 2020 20:09
Quote:
TOKS
Quote:
Sarriebone

As long as you know it's random speculation or guesswork. And not attribute the merest shred of credibility to it as certain papers are doing.

Still, we've discovered over the past couple of months just how gullible some rugby fans are.

If I were an ExeterChokes supporter, or maybe theHairyQueens or even SaleSnarks, I would be all over the net spreading rumours here there an everywhere. I would do anything & everything to unsettle Saracen players and supporters alike.

And of course I would fully exploit the idiom.... "hey! there's no smoke without fire."

Then I would just sit back and watch the Saracens supporters just consume themselves with my malicious rumours.

But I am not. But there are people out there doing this and we all need to take a deep breath, not respond to rumours in any shape or form (even by posting your strong doubts over these BS stories is a response).

Don't give the trolls the oxygen to breathe.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

mfc 13 January, 2020 23:26
May be worth not using pejorative names for their clubs if you seek to ignore the trolls

Rupes 14 January, 2020 00:14
mfc - careful with boomer!, the last time I posted something he didn't like I got a message as follows:

"Wow, it must be a wonderful view from that glass tower of yours Rupes, I bet your **** smells of roses too.

You've always held the moral high ground. "Hoosah!" for you. "

Lovely sentiments if someone doesn't agree with you, you'd have to admit. But that was back in November, perhaps he (or she, not sure, we've never met) has come to terms with all of this now, perhaps not.

Returning to this thread, as well as any possible retirements (Wiggy/Brad would leave huge shoes to fill, stating the obvious), is there a list of who is in/out of contract at season end? Trying to second guess the ins/outs is nigh on impossible given the circumstances, but it may be a starting point!

JO'G 14 January, 2020 17:44
to me the only things that feel certain are that

Williams won't play for us again
Brad and Wiggy will go at the end of the season
Rhodes and Chippi will also go but might not play again
I would not be surprised if Calum Clarke left after the 6 nations

McSaracens 14 January, 2020 18:22
Not so sure Wiggy will leave. Hes expressed a desire in the media to stay. Yes we have Spencer, but apart from that we wont have another quality scrumhalf.

I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it. - Nils Mordt

1876-Fez 14 January, 2020 21:11
Listening to Wiggy on The Rugby Pod sounds like he's staying... well that's the feeling I got..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

David@Sarries 15 January, 2020 12:21
Quote:
McSaracens
Not so sure Wiggy will leave. Hes expressed a desire in the media to stay. Yes, we have Spencer, but apart from that, we wont have another quality scrumhalf.

Tom Whiteley and Alex Day might disagree with you here @McSaracens[:wor kid:] but I do agree with you, we should look for a more experienced 9 if Wiggy is allowed to leave.

AlanE 15 January, 2020 14:21
Wiggy's future (leaving this season and next aside) is in coaching. I would hope we could build a boomerang clause into his contract - a couple of years player/coaching at Ealing Trailfinders, or wherever, and then home to AzP.

Kevin Sorrell (ex-Barking) provides the model.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

AlanE 15 January, 2020 14:21
Wiggy's future (leaving this season and next aside) is in coaching. I would hope we could build a boomerang clause into his contract - a couple of years player/coaching at Ealing Trailfinders, or wherever, and then home to AzP.

Kevin Sorrell (ex-Barking) provides the model.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Roger G 15 January, 2020 14:38
Alan - you seem to have built a boomerang clause into your post (Sm100)

Seriously, if Wiggy's out of contract and decides his future lies elsewhere I doubt Sarries will have any say in the matter.

TonyTaff 16 January, 2020 15:50
Can you Imagine how competently the Salary Cap Wally would cope with Wiggle be a player-coach!

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

JO'G 16 January, 2020 15:53
Quote:
TonyTaff
Can you Imagine how competently the Salary Cap Wally would cope with Wiggle be a player-coach!

presumably as a coach he is ok to have a co-investment (Sm161)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net