Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
SARRIES SENT TO COVENTRY!

Latest: WASPS 60:10 SARACENS
Next: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS v SARACENS
Sat 29th Feb GP 15.00 Franklins Gardens

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

What's this board for?
Discussion started by Duncan96 , 24 January, 2020 09:27
What's this board for?
Duncan96 24 January, 2020 09:27
Apologies. I posted this on another thread but am big headed enough to think it deserves its own discussion:

On various threads things have been posted by Saracens supporters which are positive to Saracens and primarily aimed at other Saracens supporters. Without fail those posts are met with one or more negative comments from an increasing number of non Saracens supporters.

The replies are usually (although not always) reasonable. E.g. Reference is made to the uniquely good things that go on at Saracens to which the reply is that Lance Armstrong did some good charitable work. A reasonble point but nevertheless negative.

So, not unsurprisingly given recent events, we have a message board which is a free for all and anything positive posted about Saracens will receive a negative comment.

Now maybe that's a proper function for this board and it has been useful in recent times to educate ourselves with counter opinions. But my impression is that things are getting increasingly repetitive and Saracens supporters are now drifting away to more positive forums on e.g. facebook, having felt that negativity has run its course and, as we go forward, the club and supporters need a more positive environment to see us through.

So, my point is, perhaps not yet but quite soon, I think the people who run this board have a choice. Either carry on as is and perhaps have a board with a decreasing Saracens presence (we all have to move on at some point) or decide along with everyone else who is going to stick with Saracens that, without denying what has happened in the past, we are going to see our way through the next couple of years with a positive attitude.

The latter will mean being quite strict in removing negative, albeit reasonable comments from non Saracens supports.

Right: hard hat on for incoming flak about how we just want to stick our heads in the sand (which I'm not proposing. I'm just floating the discussion: what is this board for?)

Re: What's this board for?
Dorset Boy 24 January, 2020 09:33
The mods of this board are already censoring plenty of perfectly reasonable / questioning comments.

As time passes, the punishments are served, and all fans accept the wrong doings, And the previous and current management show some honesty and integrity, the balancing of pro-Wray with anti-Wray comments will die away and you'll get your board back.
However, I suspect that will take a couple more months yet!

wolfgangvonb77 24 January, 2020 10:30
I agree I want to come onto this board and chat with other Sarries fans and its now being hijacked by other fans. Constructive debate is one thing but it should be all merged into one thread which was done before. The above comments also don't help. Also when you hold an opinion contrary to theirs it becomes quite toxic on here.

Chris1850 24 January, 2020 10:56
Given the scale and time period of the cheating by your owners, I suspect that fans of other clubs are going to be resentful for some years to come and will continue to express that resentment for a similarly long period. Bloodgate pales into insignificance compared to this, yet it is still regularly raised on occasions by people.

I do think that your club needs to make a statement formally apologising to the other clubs and their fans (something that they have singularly failed to do, so far), and then be completely open and transparent about any further issues that may come to light regarding this scandal going forward.

I also think that the Wray family need to sever all ties with the club as, unfortunately, for all the good they may have done in the past, this has now unravelled permanently. As long as they are seen to have any association with the club going forward, then I think this will only continue to tarnish the Sarries name. I realise that this would cause huge problems from a financial POV but I honestly don't see how the club can begin to turn the corner as long as these people are involved in any capacity.

I hope it doesn't sound hollow, but I do honestly feel for Sarries fans who are the innocent victims of this awful saga. I cannot imagine how I would feel were this to be my club. At the moment though, most of the rugby world feel shocked and dismayed by the events and want to express this, myself included. I would however urge you to consider that the comments made (no matter how unpleasant at times), are not really aimed at Sarries supporters, the club staff or even, generally, any of the players, but firmly at NW and his co-conspirators Ultimately, time is a great healer and things will move on and improve.

Good luck

ricohchezwasp 24 January, 2020 11:01
I understand this sentiment I pretty much left the Wasps board as it was hijacked by a few posters who posted constant negativity and vitriol towards staff and coaches. I have posted negative comments on here but usually when I see absolute nonsense or one mans opinion. I now post on another forum but that too is changing so in the end I tend not to bother. The salary cap shenanigans has made things ten times worse so, but i guess it will die down, but only if the full story is out in the open, now still seems the tip of the iceberg and SS Wray is still only half sunk. Shame for Saracens fans and community and shame for the wider rugby community

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Cereal Killer 24 January, 2020 11:02
Totally agree Duncan. Loads of threads on here have more non Saracens posters than Sarries fans. The usual suspects wont allow any discussion unless it suit their narrative, everybody has to think the same as them or they are in denial. That or they repeat "Shouldn't have cheated then", very constructive.

I don't understand the mentality of people who will go to a forum for opposition fans to post antagonistic comments that they know wont be helpful or well received.

Thanks for letting us know what will keep you happy Dorset.

Gray_Lensman 24 January, 2020 11:25
You know what? This is part of a network. Designed to make it easy for supporters of other clubs to access. Weirdly, given recent events supporters of other clubs want to come on here to see what people are saying. Most are supportive of Saracens fans who have suffered from exactly the same lies as have all the other clubs and, even more infuriating, have had their trust abused.

But don't be surprised if some people, and I include myself in this, want to pass comment. Especially when they see the minority of Saracens' supporters who seek to justify what has happened, engage in whataboutery and otherwise seek to deflect or blame other clubs' jealousy.

OhMaroItoje 24 January, 2020 11:38
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
You know what? This is part of a network. Designed to make it easy for supporters of other clubs to access. Weirdly, given recent events supporters of other clubs want to come on here to see what people are saying. Most are supportive of Saracens fans who have suffered from exactly the same lies as have all the other clubs and, even more infuriating, have had their trust abused.
But don't be surprised if some people, and I include myself in this, want to pass comment. Especially when they see the minority of Saracens' supporters who seek to justify what has happened, engage in whataboutery and otherwise seek to deflect or blame other clubs' jealousy.

You’re one of the people that hijack almost every thread. We heard your point the first time...

Gray_Lensman 24 January, 2020 11:47
That's because I've been interested in the Premierships rules, including the salary cap, for years. Long before anyone on here cared about them except to denigrate anyone who dared suggest that Saracens were cheating them.

ComeOnSarries 24 January, 2020 11:50
It is the nature of free speech in a democracy that a fair amount of rubbish gets written. I think we mainly have to grow a thick skin and learn to ignore some of the more blatant and frankly ill considered comments. I would personally only like to see someone who persistently hijacks a thread with repeated similar negative comments to be censored.

Cereal Killer 24 January, 2020 11:52
Probably should have told Nigel Wray or PRL not Saracens fans Gary. If you knew about it and did nothing your probably more responsible the the fans on here.

Gray_Lensman 24 January, 2020 12:34
Yeah yeah. Suspicion is not the same as knowing. And I don't think either myself or Saracens fans have any responsibility for this.

1876-Fez 24 January, 2020 12:44
... and this just goes to show the point of the original post... another thread taken over...

Enough for me for a while I'm afraid.... off to other sites.. back sometime hopefully..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Darraghgirl 24 January, 2020 15:59
This thread is now closed. Please post all issues re salary cap/report etc on sticky thread above

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net