Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
SARRIES SENT TO COVENTRY!

Latest: WASPS 60:10 SARACENS
Next: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS v SARACENS
Sat 29th Feb GP 15.00 Franklins Gardens

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
'Sup for Quins
Discussion started by Sarriebone , 24 January, 2020 12:07
'Sup for Quins
Sarriebone 24 January, 2020 12:07
Saracens team to take on Harlequins at The Stoop on Sunday 26thJanuary (KO 15H00):
15 Matt Gallagher (44)
14 Alex Lewington (42)
13 Alex Lozowski (104)
12 Brad Barritt © (254)
11 Rotimi Segun (25)
10 Manu Vunipola (17)
9 Richard Wigglesworth (243)
1 Richard Barrington (184)
2 Jack Singleton (9)
3 Vincent Koch (76)
4 Callum Hunter-Hill (9)
5 Joel Kpoku (24)
6 Nick Isiekwe (80)
7 Calum Clark (47)
8 Jackson Wray (241)

Replacements
16 Tom Woolstencroft (28)
17 Titi Lamositele (88)
18 Josh Ibuanokpe (7)
19 Andy Christie (5)
20 Sean Reffell (14)
21 Ben Spencer (169)
22 Dom Morris (13)
23 Elliott Obatoyinbo (7)

Re: 'Sup for Quins
Darraghgirl 24 January, 2020 12:09
stronger than I expected!
Not sure why Brad is playing, I'd wrap him in cotton wool but maybe he needs to be seen to lead?
Anyway should be a decent game at the Stoop with that lot!

daz_71 24 January, 2020 12:10
Strong side given comments about resting players because of the weeks events!

Adey 24 January, 2020 12:28
Less experience would be more in the long term.

1876-Fez 24 January, 2020 12:29
Decent mix of players... some experience to be gained at Stoop for some of them!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Roderick Flashheart 24 January, 2020 12:42
S'up for the opposition now - from website (I like the layout, showing injuries and 6N involvement )

Harlequins Starting XV:
1 Santiago Garcia Botta (11)
2 Elia Elia (50)
3 Will Collier (165)
4 Stephan Lewies (12)
5 Matt Symons (36)
6 James Chisholm (83)
7 Chris Robshaw (288) (C)
8 Alex Dombrandt (38)
9 Danny Care (270)
10 Marcus Smith (73)
11 Gabriel Ibitoye (34)
12 Paul Lasike (16)
13 Cadan Murley (27)
14 Ross Chisholm (117)
15 Aaron Morris (39)

Game Changers:
16 Jack Musk (9)
17 Nick Auterac (20)
18 Simon Kerrod (14)
19 Tevita Cavubati (11)
20 Semi Kunatani (19)
21 Martin Landajo (12)
22 Brett Herron (7)
23 Tom Penny (1)

Not available due to injury:
Forwards
Rob Buchanan
Scott Baldwin
Max Crumpton
George Head
Mark Lambert
Jack Clifford
Will Evans
Tom Lawday
Dino Lamb

Backs
James Lang
Ben Tapuai
Francis Saili
Luke Northmore
Michele Campagnaro
Nathan Earle
Travis Ismaiel
Mike Brown

Not Available
Joe Marchant

Guinness Six Nations
Joe Marler
Kyle Sinckler

TOKS 24 January, 2020 12:46
"Not available
Joe Marchant"

I read somewhere (Bath board I think) that Quins were trying to offload him, and the poster surmised that it could be due to cap issues. Did anyone else hear anything about that?

nedrichards 24 January, 2020 13:04
TOKS: He's taking a southern hemisphere sabbatical right now as part of his new contract. Playing for the Blues in Super Rugby. A great opportunity for him (I think he's a fabulous player already and he'll learn a lot there I'm sure). Obviously any kind of loan could be seen as Salary Cap related these days! And maybe it is, maybe there's something interesting about increasing the duration of the contract to reduce the average amount over time.

Tell you what though, I think we might see a few of those ourselves next year. (or alternatively a harlem globetrotters traveling circus)

HonkyTonk 24 January, 2020 14:11
Marchant wanted to stay (but have the chance to play in Super Rugby). As part of his deal, Quins allowed him to go and play for the Blues. It was that or risk losing him.

TonyTaff 24 January, 2020 16:22
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Marchant wanted to stay (but have the chance to play in Super Rugby). As part of his deal, Quins allowed him to go and play for the Blues. It was that or risk losing him.

It could be the making of him. Am I right in thinking that he has been 'captured' by England?

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/01/2020 16:23 by TonyTaff.

nedrichards 24 January, 2020 16:45
He has three caps I believe. Debut in the world cup warm ups.

TonyTaff 24 January, 2020 16:51
Quote:
nedrichards
He has three caps I believe. Debut in the world cup warm ups.

Thanks

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

myleftboot 24 January, 2020 17:18
Really smart move I reckon. The Blues can be a bit wobbly, but an amazing opportunity for a young man

derbyshire fan 24 January, 2020 17:29
Might be a little tasty with their No 9!

McSaracens 24 January, 2020 20:13
Baffled by the team selection. Would liked to have seen Christie, Whiteley, Morris, Obitiyinbo, Reffel and Jon Kpoku all start.

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

Eric Browett 24 January, 2020 20:22
We have a duty to put out the most competitive team we can for Premiership fixtures. Otherwise we devalue the competition and ourselves. Plus Quins and some of their players have been one of our most vociferous critics, so I imagine we'd very much like to beat them.

nedrichards 24 January, 2020 20:37
Also, you want to put players in a place they can succeed when they're coming through. Thus pairing Manu with Wiggy etc.

McSaracens 24 January, 2020 21:16
Eric, I don’t think there is an obligation at all. The focus should be to win next week in the Premiership cup. The remaining Premiership games have no meaning.

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

Peter_B 24 January, 2020 21:51
If you are not going to take this seriously perhaps all five points should be given to the opposition but still have the match played so other clubs do not lose income from the games.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

McSaracens 24 January, 2020 22:05
All for that Peter.

Noir 24 January, 2020 22:17
Business as usual on the field sits fine with me. No issues with the selection.

The Bard 24 January, 2020 22:58
Quote:
Eric Browett
We have a duty to put out the most competitive team we can for Premiership fixtures. Otherwise we devalue the competition and ourselves. Plus Quins and some of their players have been one of our most vociferous critics, so I imagine we'd very much like to beat them.
All well and good, but Quins have put their reserves out in their last 4 HC pool games! (along with Bath and Sale)

TonyTaff 24 January, 2020 23:40
Quote:
Peter_B
If you are not going to take this seriously perhaps all five points should be given to the opposition but still have the match played so other clubs do not lose income from the games.

Peter, the club is taking it seriously.

Also, please don't conflate the fans with the club. Sarries fans have quite enough of that, recently!

Sarriebone 26 January, 2020 11:43
Team change | Brad Barritt is out of this afternoon's match with Harlequins.

Dom Morris, on his return from long-term injury, will make his first
premrugby start!

Academy centre Charlie Watson comes on to the bench.

Sorry Sarrie 26 January, 2020 14:01
Brad is a late withdrawal. What's happened has his head fallen off!!

My wife and I are on the verge of splitting up because of my obsession with rugby.
I've decided to give it one last try......

Banzaiwarrior 26 January, 2020 14:20
Not sure something as trivial as that would stop Brad !

maynas 26 January, 2020 15:14
Brad has a tight groin , whatever that means!!

Team looks ragged so far, and Segun just doesn’t seem to know how to tackle. Could go down by a few points today at this rate

AB 26 January, 2020 15:24
really cant watch any more of this dross

DoubleChampions 26 January, 2020 15:25
Here is ring fencing - one team that needs to win and one that does not. We are a shambles today - not blaming the players but we are a yard off the pace.

+1

Sarriebone 26 January, 2020 15:27
This just dismal, seeing a team that hasn't really played together before

Sarriebone 26 January, 2020 15:47
Well the weather is awful, we've been awful, the ref's been awful... and that's me being positive!

Sarriebone 26 January, 2020 16:13
It just keeps getting better, conceeded a 5th...

siNBin 26 January, 2020 16:14
The team may be distracted this week but I'm currently focused on the Quins Fan who's coming in for a meeting tomorrow (Sm103)

ninjafez 26 January, 2020 16:46
Sounds pretty dire, hopefully motivation for the cup semi which will consist of many same players

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

mfc 26 January, 2020 16:50
Not going to complain about the ref, we didn’t play well enough to get him on side

Sarriebone 26 January, 2020 16:54
We can complain about him without blaming him for the loss, that was all our own doing.

TMO wasn't much better, clear and obvious playing the man in the air... TMO: Yep, I've checked it's a knock-on...

TonyTaff 26 January, 2020 17:00
Rubbish lineout. Clueless back three in defence. Onanists next to the effects mic.

I am looking forward to next season, and the remainder of the Champions Cup campaign.

As we didn't field Nick Tomkins and Duncan Taylor - no doubt PRL will be lining up disciplinary sanctions!

Sarriebone 26 January, 2020 17:06
Quote:
TonyTaff
Rubbish lineout. Clueless back three in defence. Onanists next to the effects mic.
I am looking forward to next season, and the remainder of the Champions Cup campaign.

As we didn't field Nick Tomkins and Duncan Taylor - no doubt PRL will be lining up disciplinary sanctions!

Thought Nick was off with Wales, don't know why we didn't play Dunc though, could have done with some experience in the midfield

PhillFez 26 January, 2020 17:19
Reffing was dour. Forward pass before Quins 2nd and 3rd tries, as said above Sarries penalty at the line out 2m out given as a Sarries knock on (Graham Hughes!), swinging arm directly to the head given as penalty only and three penalties before each of Sarries tries and the ref doesn’t even speak to Quins.
No wonder Jackson gave up talking to the ref he would have got more from a brick wall.
Sarries team wasn’t together and wouldn’t have won but the ref is overdue a review.

Sarriebone 26 January, 2020 17:20
Quote:
PhillFez
three penalties before each of Sarries tries and the ref doesn’t even speak to Quins.

He told them to be careful after the three penalty advantages in the build up to our first, but that was it.

BlackheathSarrie 26 January, 2020 17:31
Well done to Quins. They did great analysis on Saracens and targeted our wide defence. Smith and Dombrandt making a mockery of Jones England selections.

For any questions about the refereeing you have to look at the teams inability to run a basic lineout and the poor gameplan of kicking back to Quins with no chase or pressure and letting them run it back.

Hard to pick any positives out of that other that we can and will get better. The problem at hooker has been a long time coming and the signing of Singleton was bewildering given his arrows aren't a strength and neither are they for Woolstencrof and Gray. Maybe we can find a hooker who can hot his targets in the Championship?

TonyTaff 26 January, 2020 17:33
We don't need to release Nick until tonight, likewise Sean.

No doubt, PRL will fine us for having flouted their rules. Let's face it, not playing him is tantamount to breaking their rules - we should have asked permission (Sm22)

My bad, my sardonic reference should have been to Sean, not Dunc.

Sarriebone 26 January, 2020 17:45
Not sure what's going on with our hookers, darts are shocking. Woolstencroft seemed to be fairly solid last year, all gone to pot.

Chief Fire Water 26 January, 2020 18:06
IMO Sarries are a broken team

When the Ref has to change the Captain of the because he wont work with him there is something very wrong.

The club is imploding

Noir 26 January, 2020 18:09
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
When the Ref has to change the Captain of the because he wont work with him there is something very wrong.

The club is imploding

You're welcome to your opinion.

robtheh 26 January, 2020 18:26
Personally thought Pearce looked like he was out to make a name for himself today. How To Be A Strong Referee etc etc...very dull and unfortunate for your chaps to be on the receiving end of it.

tpr's headmistress 26 January, 2020 18:33
Quote:
Chief Fire Water

The club is imploding

Oh dear a bit of wishful thinking + too much imbibing of the nom de plume.(Sm141)

Noir 26 January, 2020 18:53
The lineout for Quins first try clearly not straight. Leaving aside the officials performance, Quins played well against a severely depleted Saracens side whose heads were clearly all over the place. I hope for Quins sake they don't place too much value on that victory.

Hope Jacko apologised to Pearce after the game. Never seen a captain refuse to work with a referee before, but perhaps that cameo indicative of the frustration, sadness, anger etc. that the players feel about events off the field.

KT8Sarrie 26 January, 2020 18:56
We were poor, can’t blame the ref as you shouldn’t put yourself in that position. Marcus Smith and Alex Dombrandt were very good. Aaron Morris looked as if he wanted to make a point

EverOptimistic 26 January, 2020 18:57
Was really rooting for Sarrie s today after the week you've had. Unfortunatley that game had to happen. It's done.
You'll be back to bite us all too soon!
Good luck.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net