Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
SARRIES SENT TO COVENTRY!

Latest: WASPS 60:10 SARACENS
Next: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS v SARACENS
Sat 29th Feb GP 15.00 Franklins Gardens

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Mr Indestructible is back!!
Discussion started by tpr's headmistress , 14 February, 2020 12:05
Mr Indestructible is back!!
tpr's headmistress 14 February, 2020 12:05
Team News

Saracens team to take on Sale Sharks at Allianz Park (KO 15H00):

15 Alex Goode
14 Rotimi Segun
13 Alex Lozowski
12 Brad Barritt ©
11 Alex Lewington
10 Manu Vunipola
9 Tom Whiteley
1 Rhys Carre
2 Tom Woolstencroft
3 Vincent Koch
4 Joel Kpoku
5 Callum Hunter-Hill
6 Nick Isiekwe
7 Calum Clark
8 Jackson Wray

Replacements

16 Jack Singleton
17 Richard Barrington
18 Josh Ibuanokpe
19 Andy Christie
20 Sean Reffell
21 Ben Spencer
22 Duncan Taylor
23 Ali Crossdale

Re: Mr Indestructible is back!!
Sarriebone 14 February, 2020 12:33
Damn, beat me to it by seconds!

'Sup for Sale (again)
Sarriebone 14 February, 2020 12:06
Saracens team to take on Sale Sharks at Allianz Park (KO 15H00):
15 Alex Goode
14 Rotimi Segun
13 Alex Lozowski
12 Brad Barritt ©
11 Alex Lewington
10 Manu Vunipola
9 Tom Whiteley
1 Rhys Carre
2 Tom Woolstencroft
3 Vincent Koch
4 Joel Kpoku
5 Callum Hunter-Hill
6 Nick Isiekwe
7 Calum Clark
8 Jackson Wray

Replacements
16 Jack Singleton
17 Richard Barrington
18 Josh Ibuanokpe
19 Andy Christie
20 Sean Reffell
21 Ben Spencer
22 Duncan Taylor
23 Ali Crossdale

Re: 'Sup for Sale (again)
tpr's headmistress 14 February, 2020 12:07
SNAP!

Re: 'Sup for Sale (again)
MaroonTyke2 14 February, 2020 12:38
Sale team:
https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/sale/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/13124909/15.02.20_Saracens_Away_TeamNews_Insta-1024x1024.jpg

Darraghgirl 14 February, 2020 12:42
Glad to see ashy finally returns to his old hunting ground

TonyTaff 14 February, 2020 13:36
Pretty strong Sale team.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

The Bard 14 February, 2020 17:17
Hope Titis work permit hasnít run out again!
Hopefully heís just having a break

myleftboot 15 February, 2020 01:54
Wait, what? Mr Potato Head prioritised the Prem Cup over the poxy league? I don't want to over dramatise, bit, but really? After basically giving up and copying the SAracens blueprint as best his tiny mind could manage it, he then picks a better team for that trophy designed to rest your "top boys"?? This is nearly as embarrassing as the team he finished the away game in Biarritz with all those years ago. Just before he went out and had wholesome family fun the moderators never censor me for... I dont like Diamond. He's like a scrapheap challenge Dr V. On crack.

myleftboot 15 February, 2020 02:09
Quote:
TonyTaff
Pretty strong Sale team.
nearly as strong as last week

Chris1850 15 February, 2020 10:00
Quote:
myleftboot
Wait, what? Mr Potato Head prioritised the Prem Cup over the poxy league? I don't want to over dramatise, bit, but really? After basically giving up and copying the SAracens blueprint as best his tiny mind could manage it, he then picks a better team for that trophy designed to rest your "top boys"?? This is nearly as embarrassing as the team he finished the away game in Biarritz with all those years ago. Just before he went out and had wholesome family fun the moderators never censor me for... I dont like Diamond. He's like a scrapheap challenge Dr V. On crack.

Juvenile

maynas 15 February, 2020 15:32
Game on TV anywhere?

tpr's headmistress 15 February, 2020 15:34
No tv but via stream on laptop. I don't think it's permitted to give the feed name on here.

maynas 15 February, 2020 15:37
Thats no help. Send a private message ?

jimfitz12 15 February, 2020 15:40
Can you send it to me as well?

Sarriebone 15 February, 2020 15:52
HT: 14-10

tpr's headmistress 15 February, 2020 15:57
I'm liking the score at The Stoop - COYI!(Sm111)

Sarriebone 15 February, 2020 16:15
Good to finally see a ref penalising a late knee after a try has been scored!

Sarriebone 15 February, 2020 16:56
FT: Saracens 36 - 22 Sale Sharks

Sorry Sarrie 15 February, 2020 17:32
Funny the similarity of the Sale squad today with that put out last week in the Premiership Cup!!!

My wife and I are on the verge of splitting up because of my obsession with rugby.
I've decided to give it one last try......

BlackheathSarrie 15 February, 2020 17:34
Gosh Sale are a dirty team. Lost count of the number of cheap shots on clear-outs with Ross, Webber and various du Preezs being the main culprits. Great to see Barnes penalise a cheap slide in from McGuigan. Not quite sure what Webber had to do to get a card, 6 penalties and not even a warning?

Very well played by the team. Especially impressed with Woolstencroft who seemed to hit his marks and looked dynamic in the loose. Whiteley continues to both play well and be a slight cause for concern but generally a very solid team performance. Also nice to see Ashy back although he had a quiet game.

£4K towards Fatialofas justgiving page plus what was collected at the match too.

Hope the team is wrapped up and in the warm now. Good work fellas.

Sarriebone 15 February, 2020 17:38
Quote:
BlackheathSarrie
Gosh Sale are a dirty team. Lost count of the number of cheap shots on clear-outs with Ross, Webber and various du Preezs being the main culprits. Great to see Barnes penalise a cheap slide in from McGuigan. Not quite sure what Webber had to do to get a card, 6 penalties and not even a warning?
Very well played by the team. Especially impressed with Woolstencroft who seemed to hit his marks and looked dynamic in the loose. Whiteley continues to both play well and be a slight cause for concern but generally a very solid team performance. Also nice to see Ashy back although he had a quiet game.

£4K towards Fatialofas justgiving page plus what was collected at the match too.

Hope the team is wrapped up and in the warm now. Good work fellas.

One of the ARs said to Barnes to have a word with Ross as he was following Jackson Wray around winding him up in the second half

Static 15 February, 2020 17:52
Very impressive performance in the conditions. Thought Hunter Hill had his best game for us. Nick is preforming consistently at a high level all season too.

Convex Hull 15 February, 2020 18:12
McCall has always developed players throughout his coaching career, well before he joined Saracens, and seems to have an ideal team around him to keep doing so.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

BlackheathSarrie 15 February, 2020 18:37
Quote:
Convex Hull
McCall has always developed players throughout his coaching career, well before he joined Saracens, and seems to have an ideal team around him to keep doing so.

Are you as excited as me about what players he and his coaches might identify in the Championship? Silver-lining FTW!

nicsue 15 February, 2020 19:52
A wonderful game in rubbish conditions. (Much better than the Scotland v England game in rubbish conditions last week IMHO) Glad to see that Alex Goode is back to his tricks again. We too think Whiteley is a work in progress rather than the finished article - it will take time methinks.

The Bard 15 February, 2020 20:23
Stunning effort after the beating last Friday. Wolfie just about deserved MOM above Nick who finally got the lineout calls right and was incredibly physical throughout.
Tom Whiteley kicked much better but Iím still not convinced by his decision making. I suspect heíll get a lot more game time this season to make his case for longer term retention.
Rhys Carre looks the real deal, strong scrummager and a beast in the loose. I do hope we can keep hold of him.

Convex Hull 15 February, 2020 20:23
Quote:
BlackheathSarrie
Quote:
Convex Hull

Are you as excited as me about what players he and his coaches might identify in the Championship? Silver-lining FTW!

I hope that they get to play some friendlies against tough opposition. He is the best coach in England, without a doubt.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

McSaracens 16 February, 2020 08:39
Quote:
BlackheathSarrie

Very well played by the team. Especially impressed with Woolstencroft who seemed to hit his marks and looked dynamic in the loose. Whiteley continues to both play well and be a slight cause for concern but generally a very solid team performance. Also nice to see Ashy back although he had a quiet game..

Well summed up Blackheath. I thought Woolstencroft had one of his best games, also thought Isiekwe had a superb game in the tight. Really hope we can keep hold of Nick next season, at worst find him a loan deal elsewhere in the Premiership.

In the backs I thought Manu, Brad and Goodey were superb. Agree entirely re Whiteley. Tom produces moments of sparky play but far too often there are too many mistakes at this level. The knock on at the base of the scrum, pass straight into touch being the two examples. His kicking looked better today and with Leinster on the horizon I hope we continue to give him game time whilst resting Ben and Wiggy. Manu as ever looked brilliant, best young player I have seen come through since a certain other young 10 at the start of the last decade!

Superb win and well done to the fans that turned up, looked to me to be circa 7k. Must admit I felt rather smug being high up in the east stand today, the sea of Allianz blue ponchos towards the front third of the stand was a sight of sorts!!

ďI believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.Ē - Nils Mordt

Sully08 16 February, 2020 09:27
Stuart Barnes sums it up perfectly at the end of his Sunday Times match report:

'this was a day when the contenders were put in their place by the champions. Nothing to play for but they showed that something that has made Saracens such a special team. It is more than the money with them. It always has been. The storm continues to blow but they play on'

Amen to that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2020 09:28 by Sully08.

tidds 16 February, 2020 09:56
Good game yesterday and a decent well engaged crowd given the weather. I thought Nick Isiekwe ran the line out magnificently something we have struggled with in some of our games this season.
Alex Goodeís 1st game at full back this season - heís quite good you know ...

Noir 16 February, 2020 10:20
Against the off field backdrop, huge respect to the coaching team and the players for delivering that performance.

Still proud to be a Saracen.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

The Bard 16 February, 2020 17:55
And letís not forget the hilarious attempt by Manu and Whiteley? to gain an extra metre on a kick by rolling when Wayne Barnes had his back turned!
Wayne had an excellent game yesterday, worrying to think we may not see him at our ground again.

BlackheathSarrie 16 February, 2020 18:54
Quote:
The Bard
And letís not forget the hilarious attempt by Manu and Whiteley? to gain an extra metre on a kick by rolling when Wayne Barnes had his back turned!
Did you hear Barnes say "now back again the other way" or words to that effect after Whiteley effected his commando roll (Sm126)

Quote:
The Bard
Wayne had an excellent game yesterday, worrying to think we may not see him at our ground again.
He is certainly one of the best out there but I think he was incredibly lenient on Sale. The Nigel Owens school of refereeing of try and keep it a competition rather than penalising one team heavily. The problem is if the team just keeps infringing as they know no sanction is coming.

Sarriebone 16 February, 2020 19:26
I liked that he had the balls to penalise a player for dropping on a try scorer, doesn't get done nearly enough for my liking

BlackheathSarrie 16 February, 2020 19:31
+1 Sarriebone

TonyTaff 17 February, 2020 10:14
+2

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

TOKS 17 February, 2020 12:17
Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
myleftboot

Juvenile

Yes, with first hand experience of him, that's very much the view we have of him as well. Glad you agree.

Sara'sman 17 February, 2020 15:37
There was a comment in the Graun along the lines that Sale's First XV had beaten our 3rds but came unstuck against the 2nds. I took a look (and I'm aware it wasn't quite Sale's best side).

First my XVs:
	1st XV		2nd XV		3rd XV			
15	Goode		Gallagher	Obatoyinbo			
14	Williams	Maitland	Crossdale			
13	Taylor		Lozowski	Morris		Hallett	
12	Barritt		Tompkins	Hakalo		Watson	
11	Daly		Lewington	Segun			
10	Farrell		Malins		Vunipola			
9	Spencer		Wiggles'th	Whiteley	Day	
1	Vunipola	Barrington	Carre		Adams-Hale	  Creen
2	George		Singleton	Woolsten't	Pifileti	  Dan
3	Koch		Lamositele	Figallo		Ibuanokpe	  Wainwright
4	Itoje		Skelton		Kpoku		Boon	
5	Kruis		Kpoku		Hunter=Hill			
6	Rhodes		Isiekwe		Munday	        Stonham	
7	Wray		Clark		Reffell			
8	Vunipola	Earl		Christie			

Most debate I'd guess around 13, 11, 7 and 6. I made my choices after the first half dozen games this season but would definitely have NI at 6 now after yet another stellar performance on Saturday.

Numbers below represent the XVs that players in each squad came from. They are for the backs (15-9), backs average, forwards (1-8), forwards average, bench (16-23), bench average, XV average, with the first row the cup squad:

2 3 1 3 3 1 3	16/7	2 3 4 2 3 2 3 3	23/8	4 5 5 3 4 4 2 3	30/8	39/15 = 2.60
1 3 2 1 2 3 3	15/7	3 3 1 2 3 2 2 1	17/8	2 2 4 3 3 1 1 3	19/8	32/15 = 2.13

Conclusion - the cup side was a little closer to a 3rd XV than 2nd, the league side slightly weaker than a 2nd XV.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net