Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"I COULDN'T BE MORE PROUD OF MY TEAM" Brad Barritt

Latest: LEINSTER 17:25 SARACENS
Next: Sat 26th Sept 13.00 Racing 92, European Champions Cup 1/2 Final La Defense Arena

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: BT Sport/Channel 4 Sat 26th Sept Racing 92 12.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Any sign on ST prices next year?
Discussion started by Comfortably Dumb , 19 February, 2020 00:05
Any sign on ST prices next year?
Comfortably Dumb 19 February, 2020 00:05
This is obviously a very difficult choice for the club to make, but some of us also have to make difficult choices, so would be useful to find out sooner rather than later

Re: Any sign on ST prices next year?
LutonS 19 February, 2020 07:58
As the season started and therefore finishes later than previously, I'd not expect to hear anything until at least the back end of March. Although this is a total guess on my part.

As for pricing etc. they can't possibly justify any rise in prices can they?

daz_71 19 February, 2020 09:34
Quote:
LutonS

Forget price rises I cannot see how they can justify keeping the prices anywhere near the same as they are currently. We, the supporters, have been cheated the most and if the board think I am going to pay £700+ per year for a championship ST they are very much mistaken!

RobB 19 February, 2020 09:37
Quote:
daz_71
Quote:
LutonS

Forget price rises I cannot see how they can justify keeping the prices anywhere near the same as they are currently. We, the supporters, have been cheated the most and if the board think I am going to pay £700+ per year for a championship ST they are very much mistaken!

ditto - we were talking at the game on Saturday and general consensus is at least a reduction in the 33% to 50% range. Else it's going to ba a pretty lonley east stand.

TonyTaff 19 February, 2020 13:31
Ealing Trailfinders season tickets start at £190.

As the club told us that scarcity justifies price hikes, the additional capacity at Barnet justifies a level lower than that!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

The Substandard Biscuit 19 February, 2020 14:01
I'll pay the same price of £700. I look forward to paying it, and watching Ampthill, Bedford et al.
Would be good though if they threw the 'other' SA-type games in the package.

What I will never do is go to Bath again (the year after next+). That is a total waste of money. £50 is massively over-priced for a rubbish muddy pitch which constrains good rugby being played, a stand without a roof, and an unreliable, usually dour team. I'm not sure how the locals put up with it.

GazzaFez 19 February, 2020 14:45
Interesting point...............

In the Premiership we get 16 matches included in the season ticket:
11 home GP games
3 home European pool games
2 PRC pool games.

So how many "standard" games would we get in the Championship?

warwick5763 19 February, 2020 15:08
PAYG for me next season. don't think I will have a problem getting a ticket. Have a stroll around Ampthill Rugby club Instagram account. This is whats coming so 700 quid a season ticket will be well wide of the mark. Normally you would think the club can pitch it right but who knows these days. I see above Ealing is starts a 190. I recall at Scottish you can get a life season ticket for about 500.

GazzaFez 19 February, 2020 16:26
Just sent by the club! Season ticket opinion survey......................

As a member of the season ticket holder family, Saracens would like to thank you for your ongoing support for the club throughout what has been a very challenging season, with events off the field overshadowing some excellent performances from all our teams.
I would like to thank all season ticket holders for the patience and loyalty that they have shown to date. We do not take this for granted and you can be sure that the club is fully focused on bouncing back as a stronger club, both on and off the pitch.
As we look ahead to the 2020/21 season it is of vital importance that our season ticket products are shaped by feedback and ideas from our fans. Plans are underway for the upcoming season; this is your chance to have your say and play your part in the process.
We encourage you to let us know your thoughts by taking part in our short survey. This will give you the opportunity to feed back to us on key elements of the season ticket product, as well as provide any general feedback and questions you may have.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to give us your feedback and, as we approach the final few home matches of the season, for your continuing support.

Many thanks for your time and input.

Neil Golding
Saracens Chairman

paulglynn 19 February, 2020 16:39
Quote:
GazzaFez
11 home GP games
2 PRC pool games.

11 league games and 3 in the the cup so 14 in total

BathMatt53 19 February, 2020 17:35
Quote:
The Substandard Biscuit
What I will never do is go to Bath again (the year after next+). That is a total waste of money. £50 is massively over-priced for a rubbish muddy pitch which constrains good rugby being played, a stand without a roof, and an unreliable, usually dour team. I'm not sure how the locals put up with it.

Thatís a shame - you will be missed. Not sure what you mean by Ďunreliableí - they are your opponents isnít that a good thing? You could always sit in the stand with a roof if you donít like rain.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Comfortably Dumb 19 February, 2020 17:43
Quote:
GazzaFez
Just sent by the club! Season ticket opinion survey......................
As a member of the season ticket holder family, Saracens would like to thank you for your ongoing support for the club throughout what has been a very challenging season, with events off the field overshadowing some excellent performances from all our teams.
I would like to thank all season ticket holders for the patience and loyalty that they have shown to date. We do not take this for granted and you can be sure that the club is fully focused on bouncing back as a stronger club, both on and off the pitch.
As we look ahead to the 2020/21 season it is of vital importance that our season ticket products are shaped by feedback and ideas from our fans. Plans are underway for the upcoming season; this is your chance to have your say and play your part in the process.
We encourage you to let us know your thoughts by taking part in our short survey. This will give you the opportunity to feed back to us on key elements of the season ticket product, as well as provide any general feedback and questions you may have.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to give us your feedback and, as we approach the final few home matches of the season, for your continuing support.

Many thanks for your time and input.

Neil Golding
Saracens Chairman

Awfully good of him to respond so quickly to this post!

Dave Berko 19 February, 2020 18:36
Done survey - will purchase next season

GazzaFez 19 February, 2020 19:13
Quote:
paulglynn
Quote:
GazzaFez
11 home GP games
2 PRC pool games.

11 league games and 3 in the the cup so 14 in total

So that's 12.5% fewer games, at say half-price per game - call it a rounded up 50% of last year's season ticket prices as we have a better stadium than other Championship teams.

Problem is though, it will depend on what other 'bonus' matches that the club has talked about would be included in the season ticket and would punters be willing to pay up front for them without the fixtures being set in stone. I somehow doubt it given current form - they'd probably have to be sold on a match by match basis.

CambridgeSarrie. 19 February, 2020 19:15
The club's income will drop but expenditure will be much the same, can they afford to drop prices?

Here we go! Dah. Dah-dah-dee-dah....

Roger G 19 February, 2020 19:26
Quote:
CambridgeSarrie.
The club's income will drop but expenditure will be much the same, can they afford to drop prices?

I think it's inevitable that attendance will drop, especially if prices remain the same. Can they afford not to drop them? Next year's profit & loss sheet is going to look pretty dire whatever they do.

boomer! 19 February, 2020 19:27
(Sm113) Devil's advocate here.

We know Saracens are being attacked from all sides.
Allianz have turned their back on us.
Other revenue stream are likely to go down the can.
The West stand development is being frozen, I would suspect, at least until we get back into the Premiership. (assuming SnowyRowe hasn't contrived to get us ring fenced out).
Retained advertisers will likely be looking for discounted deals for 2020/2021.
Declining gate receipt due to smaller attendances next year
The list goes on.

So, given it is your club that is facing a melt down, would you consider paying 2019/2020 Premiership prices for your 2020/2021 Cahmpionship S/T, knowing that the premium you will pay to watch 2nd tier rugby is at least helping your club get out of the proverbial carp?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Adey 19 February, 2020 19:53
No. Iíll be taking my money and spending it at the away grounds. Tickets, drinks, food and probably some merchandise. They need it and deserve it more than the cheating bar stewards at Sarries.

ninjafez 19 February, 2020 21:03
I will be renewing my STH, it's like my fun time and I'm black and red so the price I can stomach.... Yes the high management may not deserve much loyalty but a lot more of the support staff need the footfall to keep their jobs, I will spend my savings on the BT sport sub to go to local away grounds smiling smiley

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

LutonS 19 February, 2020 21:28
I've completed the survey as honestly as I could. I start from a position of wanting to renew and of course, support the club. Even though I am still angry at what has gone on.

One thing though, if we all get the same survey link, the value of the questions around value that demand a financial answer is rather diluted. It's all very well saying for example, that i'd regard a renewal price of £300 as value for money but do I pay £300 now or £1,000 odd?

Roger G 19 February, 2020 21:41
Quote:
boomer!
So, given it is your club that is facing a melt down, would you consider paying 2019/2020 Premiership prices for your 2020/2021 Cahmpionship S/T, knowing that the premium you will pay to watch 2nd tier rugby is at least helping your club get out of the proverbial carp?

The club were quite happy to make hay while the sun shone at my expense by pricing me out of the seats I used to be in. They can foot the bill from the extra they made from the corporates they resold the seats to. If that means I spend ten years watching Sarries play at a lower level then so be it, but I'll do it at the going rate thanks.

nicsue 19 February, 2020 21:52
Even if I was willing to pay this seasons price for next season......what will away fans be charged to visit Copthall? I can't imagine them paying £40+ to sit next to me.

South Beds Sarrie 19 February, 2020 22:22
Just completed the survey. Lack of context in terms of what season ticket holders currently pay is probably adjusted for by way of the responses that people make. It is a tough call, on the one hand you want to stick by the club, on the other the price should reflect the product. In some areas, there really is no comparison, for example we're swapping three European Cup fixtures for three Championship Cup fixtures. I would like to see the Tottenham fixture (if it happens) be against an international or southern hemisphere club side if possible, and a couple of games against opposition of this calibre in the season ticket wouldn't go amiss.

Rather oddly, but as other people have posted, more away trips are on the cards than now. We're nearer Bedford and Ampthill than Mill Hill, and Jersey and Cornwall look like nice long weekends.

Stumpy7780 19 February, 2020 23:24
Considering the fact there are people who want refunds for this season. Attempting to charge the same rate next season is ludicrous. If they do not play their cards right they are in danger of losing supporters for good when it comes to pricing.

Innings 20 February, 2020 01:56
Is the survey going to be sent to all STHs? Nothing in my in-box. I have not received one e-mail from Sarries this season, despite being a platinum STH and an STH at other levels for about 20 years before that. Twice I've been promised that this communication problem will be rectified, and twice it hasn't.

On the broader point, the club offering will be Championship rugby next year. Having charged top-end prices and raised them grotesquely to 'match supply with demand'. the need now is to accept that they have to reduce prices in like manner. Any thought that 'loyalty' justifies charging a premium is a joke; loyalty goes both ways, and when the product is degraded, the price has to go down. A top of the Championship table clash with Ealing is scarcely comparable with home games against Munster or Racing. What is the average STH price level in the Championship? About £250? Whatever it is, that is where the club has to be planning to position pricing for the 202102 season. If the club is going to offer exhibition games against SH clubs and countries, they will have to market them separately.

To charge on average more than other Championship clubs can justify would be hubris on a scale comparable with all that has gone before.

As a platinum STH I am happy to pay top dollar for top product, but Championship is not top product. Promotion is not guaranteed, and until it is, the club needs to think about the real risk that many would do the same as I've decided to do for the remainder of this season and just not bother. The club has forfeited a lot of goodwill and trying to gouge ST prices again would be beyond ordinary folly.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

GazzaFez 20 February, 2020 01:59
Quote:
nicsue
Even if I was willing to pay this seasons price for next season......what will away fans be charged to visit Copthall? I can't imagine them paying £40+ to sit next to me.

That's a good point Nicsue but ironically I think they might be willing, in fact more so perhaps than a lot of Saracens fans. The thing is it may well be seen as a one-off event for them, assuming of course that we bounce straight back up. Nevertheless I don't believe the numbers will be high.

Sorry Sarrie 20 February, 2020 04:36
Why on earth would they only send the survey to STH? Surely, and this is quite a big surely, if prices are going to fall the broadest supporter base should be consulted as a price reduction might attract new STH?

Gryff 20 February, 2020 06:16
Itís not just the quality of the opposition though itís also the quality of facilities. So itís hard to equate our season tickets with most of the Championship but I do think some adjustment is needed and the survey suggests so do they.

I saw an interesting suggestion from Daniel Davies on FB that as we know income streams are low next year that we pay current prices on agreement of a discount for the following year if we get back to the Prem and the PRL and BT money flows again

Barty II 20 February, 2020 07:53
Quote:
Gryff
Itís not just the quality of the opposition though itís also the quality of facilities. So itís hard to equate our season tickets with most of the Championship but I do think some adjustment is needed and the survey suggests so do they.
I saw an interesting suggestion from Daniel Davies on FB that as we know income streams are low next year that we pay current prices on agreement of a discount for the following year if we get back to the Prem and the PRL and BT money flows again

I put something along those lines in my response to the survey. Should be some reward for loyalty when things get tough - a discounted rate on what is hopefully a future Premiership season ticket makes most sense.

South Beds Sarrie 20 February, 2020 08:06
For what it's worth, as a North Stand STH, I'd basically be looking for about £200 - £225 including two "prestige" non Championship fixtures.

daz_71 20 February, 2020 10:16
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
boomer!

The club were quite happy to make hay while the sun shone at my expense by pricing me out of the seats I used to be in. They can foot the bill from the extra they made from the corporates they resold the seats to. If that means I spend ten years watching Sarries play at a lower level then so be it, but I'll do it at the going rate thanks.

100% agree with this. The club (board) were happy to reclassify my seat and double the price over night which I sucked up and paid, now it's their turn to show some of that humility they are happy to advertise around the ground. Unless there is a substantial reduction I will be PAYG next season. Given I live 20 mins from Ampthill and Bedford there are 2 away games I can easily get to.

If they think there will be scarcity of tickets at AzP next season then I'd say good luck with that!

TonyTaff 20 February, 2020 11:01
Quote:
Innings
Is the survey going to be sent to all STHs? Nothing in my in-box. I have not received one e-mail from Sarries this season, despite being a platinum STH and an STH at other levels for about 20 years before that. Twice I've been promised that this communication problem will be rectified, and twice it hasn't.
On the broader point, the club offering will be Championship rugby next year. Having charged top-end prices and raised them grotesquely to 'match supply with demand'. the need now is to accept that they have to reduce prices in like manner. Any thought that 'loyalty' justifies charging a premium is a joke; loyalty goes both ways, and when the product is degraded, the price has to go down. A top of the Championship table clash with Ealing is scarcely comparable with home games against Munster or Racing. What is the average STH price level in the Championship? About £250? Whatever it is, that is where the club has to be planning to position pricing for the 202102 season. If the club is going to offer exhibition games against SH clubs and countries, they will have to market them separately.

To charge on average more than other Championship clubs can justify would be hubris on a scale comparable with all that has gone before.

As a platinum STH I am happy to pay top dollar for top product, but Championship is not top product. Promotion is not guaranteed, and until it is, the club needs to think about the real risk that many would do the same as I've decided to do for the remainder of this season and just not bother. The club has forfeited a lot of goodwill and trying to gouge ST prices again would be beyond ordinary folly.

Hear, hear!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

ninjafez 20 February, 2020 14:49
Hopefully a good alignment can be reached, as before and we pack a lot of fans in, of course as usual there is no wining situation in any of this and if lots walk away lots of fans will be happy for us to be punishing the club and they will just gloat further and then label us as overnight glory seakers at the same time...

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

boomer! 20 February, 2020 15:05
Irrespective of whether you agreed with Nigel's future planning for the Saracens players that has led to this parlous position we are in, what seems clear is that none of you are willing to support your club financially in this, the darkest time in its 144 year history.

Back in 1996 when the old club's members were given shares in the new private company, I got some. The following year, those shareholders were asked if they would be willing to buy more shares. I did. It was my club and I wanted to financially back it. Maybe I was lucky I had the spare cash to do it. I asked no questions, I did not expect any returns. I just wanted my club to survive in the new professional era.

Worthless as it is, my share certificate is framed and hangs proudly on my wall, alongside my Watford Year certificate.

Ask not what the club can do for you, ask what YOU can do for YOUR club.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

TV 20 February, 2020 16:10
I checked Bedford Blues and Ealing Trailfinders ticket prices. £24 (£20 on the net) and £20 non member, £15 member respectively. I reckoned £250 for gold ticket would be about right and will wait and see

Roger G 20 February, 2020 16:27
That's very commendable of you Boomer, but unreasonable to expect from everybody. I've not been following Sarries for as long as some, but I've been around for nearly 20 years. I supported Sarries at VR when it was dangerous to feel comfortable with a 20 point lead with 10 minutes to go, and you never knew if each new season was going to be a relegation fight, a play-off place, or mid-table mediocrity. I enjoyed those times and was at least as passionate about the club then as now.

However, much though I've enjoyed the glory years, I have also been royaly ripped off and had my loyalty totally unrewarded by the management of the club, and I really don't think I, and people like me, should be asked to pay over the odds for the product on the field. Those who have, by naivety, misunderstanding, or design (depending on your opinion) led us to this low point should, IMHO, have the bottle to admit to the players and the fans that they have let us down, and put their hands in their pockets to see us financially through the next year or two. A free season for long-term season ticket holders wouldn't be an unreasonable ask, especially as we've already paid for this, now nearly pointless, season.

I will continue to support the players on the pitch at whatever level if I can (that's what I can do for the club), but only at the going rate for that level, even if the club goes into major decline and tumbles down the leagues, but I will not be financially punished for the errors of rich managers and directors. If we had arrived at this point as a result of on-field deficiencies I'd probably feel differently, but loyalty is a two-way thing and we fans were not the first to dismiss/ignore it.

Gryff 20 February, 2020 19:07
Have received a message from the Club that if anyone hasnít got the survey or has any questions before completing it please email Supporter Services in usual address

supporterservices@saracens.net

Coughie 21 February, 2020 18:26
The Ealing season ticket price includes parking!

smiling smiley

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

Innings 21 February, 2020 18:28
My season ticket costs a sum that, if maintained, would price every home game in the Championship at about £150. The club showed the STHs their opinion of loyalty when hitting us with eye-watering price rises, and we owe them no loyalty either. Professional rugby is entertainment, and the seat prices will either reflect the value of the product or the seats will be empty.

If the club wants to raise money by asking for capital investment, that would be a different discussion.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

maynas 21 February, 2020 20:07
I want to renew for next year BUT my Platinum season ticket better drop by more than half for less games and less quality or Iíll buy one elsewhere much cheaper. I imagine we willl be struggling to get 3-4000 gates

TonyTaff 24 February, 2020 17:14
Quote:
Coughie
smiling smiley

My days of driving to the rugby are long gone. Hic!

Darraghgirl 24 February, 2020 17:26
Quote:
TonyTaff
Quote:
Coughie
smiling smiley

I just get my daughter to drivesmileys with beer!

TonyTaff 24 February, 2020 17:44
Quote:
Darraghgirl
Quote:
TonyTaff
Quote:
Coughie
smiling smiley

I used to rely upon a pregnant wife to do so. There are a number of sustainability challenges to such a policy!

Eric Browett 24 February, 2020 18:26
Surely we should be looking at season ticket prices of clubs like LI and Falcons and what they charged in the championship, rather than Ealing and Bedford.

boomer! 24 February, 2020 18:59
Quote:
maynas
I want to renew for next year BUT my Platinum season ticket better drop by more than half for less games and less quality or Iíll buy one elsewhere much cheaper. I imagine we willl be struggling to get 3-4000 gates

What if it doesn't?

maynas 24 February, 2020 20:00
Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
maynas

What if it doesn't?

As I said above

Aberavon Wizard 25 February, 2020 10:40
Just as a matter of interest, when we ( Saints) were relegated, prices stayed the same with a pledge they would remain so for at least a further season upon return to the Premiership. We averaged gates in excess of 11000 with a largest of 13.5 and a lowest of 10.1.

I know the circumstances are different but whatever the rights and wrongs, the decisions have been made. We had an absolute ball in the second tier and the season gave Saints a chance to rediscover themselves both on and off the pitch.
You will too if you give it half a chance !

Nb - please feel free to send the Academy to the Gardens on saturday.......................

AlanE 25 February, 2020 12:45
Quote:
Darraghgirl

Yes it's great when they can drive you to drink instead of.......well, driving you to drink

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

GazzaFez 25 February, 2020 13:31
Quote:
Aberavon Wizard
Just as a matter of interest, when we ( Saints) were relegated, prices stayed the same with a pledge they would remain so for at least a further season upon return to the Premiership..

The thing is, your season ticket prices are to the best of my knowledge not in the same league as ours (see what I did there). In fact some of our ST prices are astronomical even for the Premiership and are completely unsustainable in the Championship. Saracens can choose to leave them at the same level but there will be a lot of empty seats.

I'm sure there will be some adjustment, but getting it 'right' is a challenge I'm not confident will be met.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net