Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
LOCKDOWN!

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: God only knows!

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
'Sup for Wasps
Discussion started by Sarriebone , 20 February, 2020 12:01
'Sup for Wasps
Sarriebone 20 February, 2020 12:01
Saracens team to take on Wasps at the Ricoh Arena:
15 Alex Goode
14 Rotimi Segun
13 Duncan Taylor
12 Brad Barritt (c)
11 Alex Lewington
10 Manu Vunipola
9 Tom Whiteley
1 Richard Barrington
2 Jack Singleton
3 Vincent Koch
4 Joel Kpoku
5 Callum Hunter-Hill
6 Nick Isiekwe
7 Sean Reffell
8 Jackson Wray

Replacements
16 Tom Woolstencroft
17 Rhys Carre
18 Josh Ibuanokpe
19 Andy Christie
20 Kapeli Pifeleti
21 Ben Spencer
22 Dom Morris
23 Ali Crossdale

Re: 'Sup for Wasps
Sarriebone 20 February, 2020 12:02
No Skelton again, thought his ban expired a couple of weeks ago?

CT 20 February, 2020 12:13
He can play again next week.

Sarriebone 20 February, 2020 12:22
Wasps (First-team appearances)
15 Marcus Watson (42)
14 Zach Kibirige (16)
13 Malakai Fekitoa (12)
12 Jimmy Gopperth (93)
11 Josh Bassett (116)
10 Jacob Umaga (18)
9 Dan Robson (cc) (112)
1 Ben Harris (56)
2 Tommy Taylor (63)
3 Kieran Brookes (33)
4 Charlie Matthews (25)
5 Thibaud Flament (13)
6 Jack Willis (51)
7 Thomas Young (cc) (111)
8 Brad Shields (23)

Replacements
16 Gabriel Oghre (17)
17 Tom West (21)
18 Biyi Alo (
19 Tim Cardall (13)
20 Nizaam Carr (53)
21 Will Porter (16)
22 Lima Sopoaga (36)
23 Michael Le Bourgeois (30)

The Bard 20 February, 2020 12:37
Three hookers in the team. Will they take turns at throwing in?
Pleased to see Joel Kpoku for after going off with a shoulder knock

BlackheathSarrie 20 February, 2020 22:10
Looks like a good Wasps team to me although Shields over Carr seems a bit odd.

Like the look of our team too. I guess it makes sense to rotate but after last weeks sterling performance a bit surprised not to see Woolstencroft backed with the start again. Lozo injured or rested? Vunipola v Umaga a decent head-to-head of upcoming talent at fly-half.

Sarriebone 21 February, 2020 18:23
Wasp team news:
Brookes (knee) & Young (hamstring) miss out so Biyi Alo and Nizaam Carr start.

Back-row reshuffle with Shields at 6, Willis at 7, Carr at 8.

Jeff Toomaga-Allen & Ben Morris on the bench.

jimfitz12 21 February, 2020 19:39
Does anyone have a steaming link that they can PM me?

1876-Fez 21 February, 2020 19:57
Quote:
jimfitz12
Does anyone have a steaming link that they can PM me?
Done..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

jimfitz12 21 February, 2020 20:18
Someone needs to make sure Whitley never wears a Saracens shirt again. Utterly disgraceful.

maynas 21 February, 2020 20:19
Me too please

tpr's headmistress 21 February, 2020 20:21
Just seen the score - wish I hadn't bothered - back to Montalbano and the subtitle distraction.

Stanster 21 February, 2020 20:21
And me please

maynas 21 February, 2020 20:23
Web says We are losing 24-0 is this right?

The Bard 21 February, 2020 20:24
This could be our worst ever defeat. They are beating the clock at the moment...

GazzaFez 21 February, 2020 20:25
No. It's 31-0.

We are rubbish and Pests are playing very well. Added to this Gopperth has kicked 5/5.

MarkCol7 21 February, 2020 20:29
Why on earth does Whitley keep getting chances, he puts in poor performance after poor performance

jimfitz12 21 February, 2020 20:32
Quote:
MarkCol7
Why on earth does Whitley keep getting chances, he puts in poor performance after poor performance

It is not clear at all what he is actually good at? Slow ball, Average pass, terrible box kick, appalling game management but seems to carry himself like a 60 cap international!

GazzaFez 21 February, 2020 20:33
It gets worse. Lewington has just dropped a walk-in!

Made up for slightly by a good finish in the corner by Ali Crossdale.

HT score 31-5.

MarkCol7 21 February, 2020 20:39
Canít quite believe singleton was Englandís 3rd choice hooker for the World Cup aswell, wouldnít even call him our 3rd choice this year

BlackheathSarrie 21 February, 2020 20:45
Wasps playing very well. What a difference a fit Gopperth makes to them. Feels like they've missed him as much/more than Cipriani. Willis and absolute beast.

Sarries feel very flat. Hope Barritt is ok. Need leadership from somewhere. I don't think it's helpful to be too negative about any individuals but the whole team need to have some super half time oranges and play the second half with a bit more intent and fewer mistakes.

Sarriebone 21 February, 2020 20:47
I'm having flashbacks of the Valentine's day massacre, Wasps just running through big holes in the middle of the pitch...

GazzaFez 21 February, 2020 20:54
34-5 now and a yellow card for Lewington after deliberate knock-on in front of the posts.

P.S Crossdale started because of a late injury to Segun.

Barritt off with head injury.

GazzaFez 21 February, 2020 20:55
41-5

Whiteley off for Spencer.

GazzaFez 21 February, 2020 20:59
48-5.

It can only get worse!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2020 20:59 by GazzaFez.

maynas 21 February, 2020 21:01
Itís now 48-5
What level of team have we got out there?
Makes you wonder how poor Tigers are after last week v Sale what with Sale 19-3 up!!

BlackheathSarrie 21 February, 2020 21:06
Wasp playing nice rugby but there's nothing there that should be causing us this amount of problems. Too many mistakes, too many players switched off. I guess if the press bangs the drum long enough that the team have nothing to play for they eventually begin to believe it?

Sarriebone 21 February, 2020 21:07
Has someone smeared Lewington's hands with vaseline without him knowing? He can't catch a cold tonight!

Bloody awful showing tonight 55-5 with 20 to go

GazzaFez 21 February, 2020 21:08
55-5 now.

Highlight of the game has to be Jimmy Gopperth 9/9 kicks and most not easy.

dirtybertie 21 February, 2020 21:09
Iím here and weíre not playing awful just not getting the rub of the green. Tom Whitley was awful the rest of the boys are trying. Whitely kicks and game management have been shocking.

jimfitz12 21 February, 2020 21:14
Quote:
dirtybertie
Iím here and weíre not playing awful just not getting the rub of the green. Tom Whitley was awful the rest of the boys are trying. Whitely kicks and game management have been shocking.

He has one clearing kick with nearly went behind him. One of the poorest displays from a Saracen in a while.

GazzaFez 21 February, 2020 21:18
55-10 after a very good finish by Lewington in the corner.

dirtybertie 21 February, 2020 21:26
Quote:
jimfitz12
Quote:
dirtybertie

He has one clearing kick with nearly went behind him. One of the poorest displays from a Saracen in a while.

McCall is clearly trying to give game time to players that will be playing week in week out next year but Wiggy was needed today

GazzaFez 21 February, 2020 21:32
60-10

Sarriebone 21 February, 2020 21:32
Urgh 60-10

Wilson Pickett 21 February, 2020 21:35
Quote:
BlackheathSarrie
Wasp playing nice rugby but there's nothing there that should be causing us this amount of problems. Too many mistakes, too many players switched off. I guess if the press bangs the drum long enough that the team have nothing to play for they eventually begin to believe it?

Genuine question: if you were a first team player, why would you put your body on the line to get injured and miss the Heineken Cup matches? You should just play reserves and focus on Europe. What is the upside? As someone above said, give the young guys some proper game time before next year.

GazzaFez 21 February, 2020 21:35
FT.

Good job it doesn't matter - and it showed!

maynas 21 February, 2020 21:39
Glad you said matches!!!

The Bard 21 February, 2020 22:06
Thatís 3 disastrous away performances on the trot, games lost in the first 15 minutes.
Is 50 points our biggest ever margin of defeat?

Sarriebone 21 February, 2020 22:16
Quote:
The Bard
Thatís 3 disastrous away performances on the trot, games lost in the first 15 minutes.
Is 50 points our biggest ever margin of defeat?
Tbf I think we lost that one in the first 80 minutes.

tpr's headmistress 21 February, 2020 22:29
Perhaps they're saving the best for home games where there's more motivation to win for the supporters.

Highbury Saracen 21 February, 2020 22:38
can we put an asterisk next to this and quins game.....
with irrelevant already relegated?
smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

Buzzboy 21 February, 2020 22:54
You can have your*if we can have one for saying this was post Dai leaving. Clearly the guys threw the shackles off tonight.

Stevie_Wonder 21 February, 2020 23:25
Glad to see the Wolfpack are as tight as ever... all in it for each other

Neville 21 February, 2020 23:37
Welcome to the new world.

mrangry 21 February, 2020 23:40
Am I the only one thinking that we should have kept Henry Taylor and let Whiteley go? The coaches usually get it right but I feel they dropped a real one there

flavman 35 21 February, 2020 23:51
Mr angry, absolutely 100% agree with you. Not a fan of whiteley

dirtybertie 21 February, 2020 23:55
Quote:
mrangry
Am I the only one thinking that we should have kept Henry Taylor and let Whiteley go? The coaches usually get it right but I feel they dropped a real one there

Tom to me always looks like a ten playing nine. Henry is more dynamic but injury prone. I keep hoping Tom will come good but am worried about SH next year if Wiggy and Speno leave

Sara'sman 22 February, 2020 01:01
Just back - we very much got what we deserved - and so did Wasps who played some delightful rugby; at pace, created many chances and exploited our mistakes. Gopperth and Umaga controlled the game superbly. The opposite of the Sale performance from us, though perhaps good in the long run for we fans to remind us of what a drubbing feels like! We shouldn't expect miracles from our heavily depleted and undermined squad too often.

A game too many for Manu; he was all over the place positionally and a large part of the cause of our backs not clicking, in both attack and defence. He looked tired mentally and at times slow physically, not surprising perhaps considering his work load this year and his age. Brad's injury a worry - two head knocks, though both more neck I think, certainly the second. TW dreadful as others have said, though not many shone. NI needs a break, again he tried to lead the forwards but looked low on energy by his exceptional standards. Kpoku one of our better performers, Spencer and Carre lifted our game briefly, but in truth we were shot by then.

I took the opportunity to again look round Coventry's Cathedrals prior to the drubbing. For those who don't know, the original was targeted and destroyed by the Germans [edit - I used the word N a z i s - not liked!] on 14 November 1940. >550 lives lost, half of Coventry's homes destroyed or damaged. The ruins remain and a 60s brutalist replacement (with a stunning modern painted glass window) was built (on the wrong axis) adjacent to the old. I mention this because of what followed. By as soon as 1947, the citizens of Coventry had held out the hand of friendship, twinning with German towns (Dresden I think and Kiel) and many others, calling for friendship and understanding, not revenge. It has long expanded on this work and is known as the "city of peace and reconciliation". Perhaps something upon which the Bile Brigade should reflect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/02/2020 01:06 by Sara'sman.

Sorry Sarrie 22 February, 2020 05:57
Sara'sman. Your final para above is the most important thing that has been said on this thread by a country mile.
Nobody should be chucking bricks at any of our players given what the club is going through. We've lost an irrelevant game of rugby ffs. As fans it's time to circle the wagons and fight. I'm not saying we should call bad good but silence is better than criticism. Give the boys a break (sorry Billy). If you love this club don't give others the easy shots of sniping at the Wolfpack mentality.
Rant over. Actually it's not! My ticket for Sunday cost £115 and the RFU are cutting cash to our league from next season. Apparently ticket pricing is modelled on the Easyjet system. Think England will lose this one as well. Best wishes to Brad.

My wife and I are on the verge of splitting up because of my obsession with rugby.
I've decided to give it one last try......

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net