Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
LOCKDOWN!

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: God only knows!

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Player rumours
Chris1850 13 March, 2020 21:50
Allegedly, Newcastle are paying a proportion of Mark Wilson's salary while he is on loan at Sale this season. The advantage to Sale is that they get an international class player for a reduced cost. The advantage to Newcastle is that they can retain Wilson for when they return to the Prem without having to fund the whole cost for their year in the Championship. The advantage to Wilson is that he continues to play at the top level for the season, thereby maintaining his profile with Eddie.

Sso win, win, win for the short term. The irony of course is that he has been injured all season until recently

McSaracens 13 March, 2020 21:59
“This goes against the agreement so we are definitely opposed to it,” said one club owner whilst simultaneously preventing Flybe staff from entering his ground.

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

tpr's headmistress 13 March, 2020 22:07
To be fair we don't actually know who said it.

derbyshire fan 13 March, 2020 23:04
But a sensible guess!

tpr's headmistress 13 March, 2020 23:08
Of course.

Sarriebone 15 March, 2020 11:36
TRP has Isiekwe on loan to Saints for next season

Norfolkfez 15 March, 2020 15:45
The phrase "flog him into the ground" is being bounced around the Sinners board. At some clubs players really are just viewed as commodities

The Bard 15 March, 2020 17:24
At least they recognise he’s better than what they’ve already got if that is the case!

Sara'sman 15 March, 2020 19:37
Great to read that Nick is another wanting to commit his longer term future to our club.

Meanwhile the Tool Station Sanctimonials are revolting. smiling smiley

BlackheathSarrie 15 March, 2020 21:44
Every time I visit their board I have renewed faith in the good people who moderate all the boards on Sports Network.

Just like us Saints seem to have a great bunch of moderators doing a largely unrecognised and sometimes thankless job just so the odd twonk can complain about echo chambers and being denied their "freedom of speech" when they're not allowed to endlessly rant about the same things over and over again.

I do seriously worry about some of both their and Wasps supporters. No one is pretending this hasn't been a big deal but surely it shouldn't consume their lives to the degree that they're positing about it from 7 in the morning till 12 at night? I guess it keeps them off the streets at least.

Stumpy7780 15 March, 2020 21:45
I think we should get at least one player on loan at each of the 12 prem clubs then rename the league The Saracens Development League. Plus it makes sure one of our lads adds another medal to their mantle winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/03/2020 21:46 by Stumpy7780.

MaroonTyke2 16 March, 2020 11:18
Jackson Wray to stay says RugbyPass

Neville 16 March, 2020 22:13
Great, He's a Sarrie to the core and we need him!

Sarriebone 17 March, 2020 10:41
Rumours of the Vunipolas talking to Super Rugby teams this morning
[www.rugbypass.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/03/2020 10:59 by Sarriebone.

BlackheathSarrie 17 March, 2020 12:14
Whilst all this news sounds very positive are we actually going to be left with a team that can get out of the Championship!!

Sarriebone 17 March, 2020 13:28
Quote:
Sarriebone
Rumours of the Vunipolas talking to Super Rugby teams this morning
[www.rugbypass.com]

RugbyPass now backtracking saying the "Sensational Vunipola brothers report well wide of the mark"

[www.rugbypass.com]

BlackheathSarrie 17 March, 2020 16:02
A throw-away line in a RugbyPass article but quite positive news:
"Mark McCall, who insists all but one of the current Saracens squad have sorted out their plans for next season”
the less positive news was he said Billy was not close to being back.

Sarriebone 17 March, 2020 16:36
Quote:
BlackheathSarrie
A throw-away line in a RugbyPass article but quite positive news:
"Mark McCall, who insists all but one of the current Saracens squad have sorted out their plans for next season”
the less positive news was he said Billy was not close to being back.

I suppose one upside of all the cuurent goings on is that players will be given plenty of time to recover properly and won't be rushed back

BlackheathSarrie 18 March, 2020 14:20
Sarriebone I believe that Jones is so concerned about their lack of time with England that he has asked the England players if they could injure themselves in ridiculously poorly conceived training exercises in their own time ...

Dave Berko 22 March, 2020 09:42
According to TRP (Fissler!!) Alex L signs 1 year at Toulouse. Returning after?

Eric Browett 22 March, 2020 16:20
Which Alex L? (Sm55)

Sarriebone 22 March, 2020 16:43
Quote:
Eric Browett
Which Alex L? (Sm55)
Loz

The Bard 22 March, 2020 17:10
Cracking place to spend a year!

Dave Berko 22 March, 2020 18:40
Quote:
Eric Browett
Which Alex L? (Sm55)

Sorry Eric - Yep Loz

cwrich 23 March, 2020 18:34
dont think it’s done and dusted ... pretty sure it’s just for a year

Dave Berko 25 March, 2020 13:06
RugbyPass saying Billy V staying. Will play in Championship. Brilliant news.

BlackheathSarrie 25 March, 2020 19:01
Quote:
cwrich
dont think it’s done and dusted ... pretty sure it’s just for a year

His contract runs out at the end of this season doesn't it? Would be a real shame to lose him but he's one of those I would understand looking at other options especially as he doesn't seem top figure in Englands plans.

Brilliant news about Billy. The common theme seems to be about how players felt the club has supported them and in many cases them wanting to support the club back. Good lads.

CT 25 March, 2020 19:18
I think Lozowski signed a new contract before the original points deduction so I assume he'll be returning.

Sorry Sarrie 25 March, 2020 19:18
I am seriously looking forward to next season. It might not be closely fought rugby but I want to be there thanking the players for their loyalty and also meeting new fans. This current sh1tst0rm teaches us one thing. Be grateful for the good times and good health.

My wife and I are on the verge of splitting up because of my obsession with rugby.
I've decided to give it one last try......

cwrich 26 March, 2020 14:07
Pretty sure that’s his intention after a year on loan ... not quite from horse’s mouth but pretty close winking smiley

cwrich 26 March, 2020 14:07
Pretty sure that’s his intention after a year on loan ... not quite from horse’s mouth but pretty close winking smiley

The Bard 26 March, 2020 18:30
So the headlines for the week are ‘Jackson Stay ‘ and ‘Loz-offski’

AP 26 March, 2020 21:47
Quote:
The Bard
So the headlines for the week are ‘Jackson Stay ‘ and ‘Loz-offski’

I'd say very good but it might encourage you!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

JO'G 28 March, 2020 19:52
[quote BlackheathSarrie]A throw-away line in a RugbyPass article but quite positive news:
the less positive news was he said Billy was not close to being back.[/quote

actually good news that Billy ends the season not off the Salary Cap injury cover list. Makes it slightly more likely that we will be under the salary cap this season. Meaning no possibility of us failing to come back from the Championship

1876-Fez 28 March, 2020 20:53
Alex Goode on Will Greenwoods Pod cast said he wanted to stay but nothing had been finalised for next season.

A good listen, he talks about wage cuts, team attitude after SC issues, home training (Pilates!), Full Kit celebrations....a a few other bits...

Link:
[player.fm]

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/03/2020 20:54 by 1876-Fez.

Sarriebone 29 March, 2020 16:41
Baz confirmed as staying from the man himself on a Q&A on the official Sarries Twitter [twitter.com]

Sarriebone 30 March, 2020 13:48
Bit more from Jackson Wray on why he's staying (other than the money obviously (Sm161) )

[www.rugbypass.com]

Sarriebone 03 April, 2020 16:52
Tompkins looking to go out on loan for a year:
“If Saracens carry on with being relegated to the Championship, it will probably mean a decision to play with one of the Welsh regions to keep my standard up so I can keep playing internationals.
“It would only be for a year so I’d return as soon as Sarries came back up, but with what’s happening with coronavirus there’s a lot of uncertainty, so who knows what could happen? If there’s another scenario where Saracens stay up, maybe I’ll end up staying where I am.”

[www.rugbypass.com]

Sarriebone 03 April, 2020 18:13
Alex Sanderson Hopeful Maro will stay:

[www.rugbypass.com]

The Bard 03 April, 2020 19:01
Also seems to suggest Joel Kpoku and Callum Hunter-Hill are staying if I’ve interpreted properly?

wolfgangvonb77 06 April, 2020 10:42
I read in TRP that the Welsh region wanted Nick T for longer than a loan period. Does anyone think Nick T will stay or maybe sign for another Welsh region?

Roger G 06 April, 2020 11:38
Quote:
wolfgangvonb77
I read in TRP that the Welsh region wanted Nick T for longer than a loan period. Does anyone think Nick T will stay or maybe sign for another Welsh region?

I imagine it will entirely depend on which clubs/regions are still around when professional rugby is possible again, whether such idiotic ideas as Gatland's law are still in place, and what the structure of the leagues is, which IMHO may be very different to what was in place up to a few weeks ago.

Garym 06 April, 2020 13:16
Quote:
Roger G
[......, whether such idiotic ideas as Gatland's law are still in place, and what the structure of the leagues is, which IMHO may be very different to what was in place up to a few weeks ago.

It wasn't Gatlands Law, it was the WRU's. Speaking to garland at a couple of rugby dinners, he was against it

Roger G 06 April, 2020 18:49
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Roger G
[......, whether such idiotic ideas as Gatland's law are still in place, and what the structure of the leagues is, which IMHO may be very different to what was in place up to a few weeks ago.

It wasn't Gatlands Law, it was the WRU's. Speaking to garland at a couple of rugby dinners, he was against it

But it was coloquially known as Gatland's Law as far as I remember.

myleftboot 06 April, 2020 22:56
Quote:
Garym

knowing that will make me use the term more!

Garp285 07 April, 2020 11:19
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Roger G

Wasn't "Gatland's Law" originally referring to all the possible exemptions to the home-based player rule? As Garym says, Gatland was opposed to the restrictions and insisted on a number of get-out clauses.

Anyway, back on topic - I really hope Nick T comes back after his loan. I would understand if he decides to stay in Wales if that is the only way he can continue in the National team but think he could be crucial to Sarries going forward. I also think his development will be better with us, once we come back up????

Garp285 07 April, 2020 11:22
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Roger G

Wasn't "Gatland's Law" originally referring to all the possible exemptions to the home-based player rule? As Garym says, Gatland was opposed to the restrictions and insisted on a number of get-out clauses.

Anyway, back on topic - I really hope Nick T comes back after his loan. I would understand if he decides to stay in Wales if that is the only way he can continue in the National team but think he could be crucial to Sarries going forward. I also think his development will be better with us, once we come back up????

Sarriebone 07 April, 2020 13:42
Not strictly a player rumour but on last week's rugbypod, Goodey was saying that he's heard that some of our players aren't happy with McCall being kept out of the SC stuff, which sounds unlikely.

GazzaFez 07 April, 2020 18:04
Quote:
Sarriebone
Not strictly a player rumour but on last week's rugbypod, Goodey was saying that he's heard that some of our players aren't happy with McCall being kept out of the SC stuff, which sounds unlikely.

I'm really not at all clear what is being implied here? Can you elaborate?

Sarriebone 07 April, 2020 21:32
Quote:
GazzaFez
Quote:
Sarriebone

I'm really not at all clear what is being implied here? Can you elaborate?
He seemed to be saying that the players weren't happy that all the blame was being laid at NW's feet and that none of it was being shouldered by McCall.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net