Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
LOCKDOWN!

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: God only knows!

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Poor form by Exeter Chiefs - Flybe
OhMaroItoje 10 March, 2020 15:40
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
TOKS
Certainly the easiest to win. I hope you make the most of it.

Good to see the denial is holding strong.

The one in the denial is you. Whether you like it or not, this season and next season will be the easiest to win. When you beat supposedly the 2nd best side (Saints) by 50 points, I find it hard to see how you can deny that!

Brown Bottle 11 March, 2020 15:36
Quote:
OhMaroItoje
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
TOKS
Certainly the easiest to win. I hope you make the most of it.

Good to see the denial is holding strong.

The one in the denial is you. Whether you like it or not, this season and next season will be the easiest to win. When you beat supposedly the 2nd best side (Saints) by 50 points, I find it hard to see how you can deny that!

Well, I can't believe my original response was deleted by your mods. It contained no abuse, was factually correct and I said I agreed with you. Sad.

BB

tpr's headmistress 11 March, 2020 16:01
Yes, agree you are.(Sm108)

Brown Bottle 11 March, 2020 16:19
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Yes, agree you are.(Sm108)

A bit playground.

BB

tpr's headmistress 11 March, 2020 17:59
Agreed, but I thought you'd appreciate keeping it at your level of response.

Brown Bottle 11 March, 2020 19:53
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Agreed, but I thought you'd appreciate keeping it at your level of response.

Seriously?

BB

CambridgeSarrie. 11 March, 2020 20:22
This board is a sad place. Getting stuck into Exeter over this ticket thing because some don't like Tony Rowe is playground stuff.

Here we go! Dah. Dah-dah-dee-dah....

TOKS 12 March, 2020 10:16
Cambridge, allegedly Quins compiled the dossier, Exeter and Gloucester leaked it to the Daily Mail. Toady Rowe then effectively tried to have us relegated and would be happy if we weren't in existence. If that doesn't make you feel some degree of ill-will then I'll have to admit that you are a better person than me.

Notwithstanding any of that, denying recently unemployed members of a still current sponsor access to the ground seems fairly mean-spirited to me. To then attempt to justify what you've done is crass in the extreme.

GazzaFez 12 March, 2020 11:03
Quote:
CambridgeSarrie.
This board is a sad place. Getting stuck into Exeter over this ticket thing because some don't like Tony Rowe is playground stuff.

Read your own post CS and doubtless you'll spot the obvious irony bypass!

That said, nothing about this thread comes close to being as sad as turning away recently redundant Flybe employees and humiliating them to boot; their words not mine. Condemnation fully justified. You'll note the Chiefs own board reflect this as well, so good on them.

At first I had assumed this was all some ghastly mistake but Tony Rowe's public response removed all doubt. It was quite deliberate and it is that which has provoked so much invective.

CambridgeSarrie. 12 March, 2020 18:17
Quote:
TOKS
Cambridge, allegedly Quins compiled the dossier, Exeter and Gloucester leaked it to the Daily Mail. Toady Rowe then effectively tried to have us relegated and would be happy if we weren't in existence. If that doesn't make you feel some degree of ill-will then I'll have to admit that you are a better person than me.
Notwithstanding any of that, denying recently unemployed members of a still current sponsor access to the ground seems fairly mean-spirited to me. To then attempt to justify what you've done is crass in the extreme.

I can't blame them. If I thought another club were at it, I'd want something done about it.

Here we go! Dah. Dah-dah-dee-dah....

Sarriebone 13 March, 2020 12:30
Flybe staff who were turned away at the gates of an Exeter Chiefs game have been offered free tickets to the Six Nations game this weekend by headline sponsors Guinness.
[www.devonlive.com]

McSaracens 13 March, 2020 14:43
What will Mr Rowe do now if the A league game is called off!?

I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it. - Nils Mordt

maynas 13 March, 2020 14:50
Quote:
Sarriebone
Flybe staff who were turned away at the gates of an Exeter Chiefs game have been offered free tickets to the Six Nations game this weekend by headline sponsors Guinness.
[www.devonlive.com]

Great publicity at no cost as its now called off! I also like the guy who offered them tickets to a future Exeter game.

Sarriebone 13 March, 2020 17:23
Quote:
maynas
Quote:
Sarriebone
[www.devonlive.com]

Great publicity at no cost as its now called off! I also like the guy who offered them tickets to a future Exeter game.

To be fair it hadn't been cancelled when the article was posted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2020 19:41 by Sarriebone.

GazzaFez 13 March, 2020 19:24
Quote:
Sarriebone
[www.devonlive.com]

Jeez just read that link. All that flak and aggro over only four pairs of tickets! The guy must have a screw loose. Also the article says basically he would do it all again in the same circumstances. A one man PR disaster.

tpr's headmistress 13 March, 2020 20:33
Apparently he saw off a burglar during New Year at his house- gave him a bit of better PR.

boomer! 14 March, 2020 00:07
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Apparently he saw off a burglar during New Year at his house- gave him a bit of better PR.

Yup. It was 72 days ago, he stored it up and was waiting for a bad news day before he revealed his heroic exploits.

He is trying to turn a Scrooge moment into Marvels of The Universe.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

JL904 14 March, 2020 00:57
Sorry boomer, but this wasn't Rowe taking the chance to get good PR.

The fact of the matter is that the scrote appeared in court a couple of days ago (the burgler that is, not Mr Rowe(Sm100)). The story was picked up by BBC Devon, else I'm not sure it would have seen the light of day. A happy co-incidence of timing for the Exeter Chairman, I think.

maynas 14 March, 2020 10:05
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
maynas
Quote:
Sarriebone
[www.devonlive.com]

To be fair it hadn't been cancelled when the article was posted

Maybe but it was a fair bet!

myleftboot 14 March, 2020 11:26
Aren't Exe owned "by the fans"? So they all flicked the V at the poor jobless sods?

Duncan96 15 March, 2020 09:52
Quote:
myleftboot
Aren't Exe owned "by the fans"? So they all flicked the V at the poor jobless sods?

Well, the answer to that question is were all the fans aware of the decision to block the employees in advance, did they take part in that decision, and did they condone it?

Highly probable the answer is no isnt it? winking smiley

TonyTaff 15 March, 2020 14:50
The shareholders don't make day-to-day decisions.

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net