Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
LOCKDOWN!

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: God only knows!

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Poor form by Exeter Chiefs - Flybe
Discussion started by GazzaFez , 08 March, 2020 15:04
Poor form by Exeter Chiefs - Flybe
GazzaFez 08 March, 2020 15:04
This story has been doing the rounds on social media this morning and has now cropped up on the Beeb. Essentially some employees of Flybe, recently made redundant, who had tickets for the match this weekend were turned away at the gates on instruction from Exeter management. Flybe had been shirt sponsors at Chiefs for several years. The management have declined to comment on their actions.

Seems pretty callous to me.

<< Flybe employees turned away at Exeter Chiefs >>

Re: Poor form by Exeter Chiefs - Flybe
Norfolkfez 08 March, 2020 16:09
Someone must have told mr Rowe that our Nigel once flew on Flybe

Highbury Saracen 08 March, 2020 16:16
The halo is slipping! smiling smiley

mfc 08 March, 2020 16:19
Horrible thing to do, why would you do this. A chance to show charity has been missed

BlackheathSarrie 08 March, 2020 16:27
The no comment is compounding the initial decision. Poor form.

mfc 08 March, 2020 16:41
Anyone who posts non corporate comments on their forum is being “no platformed “

mfc 08 March, 2020 16:41
Duplicate post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2020 16:42 by mfc.

tpr's headmistress 08 March, 2020 16:57
Is it right to try and post something about this on their forum as, like us, they can't control their management of. From what I've seen the supporters are not impressed.

AP 08 March, 2020 17:13
Quite possibly FlyBe hasn't paid all its sponsorship monies, so Exeter decided they would sell the tickets. But it doesn't look good.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

JL904 08 March, 2020 17:14
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Is it right to try and post something about this on their forum as, like us, they can't control their management of. From what I've seen the supporters are not impressed.

Valid question DG - I must say I'd view it somewhat more sympathetically if several of their fans hadn't been quite so abusive on here mind ...

tpr's headmistress 08 March, 2020 18:07
I know JL, but remember what your mum said about putting your head in the gas oven just because someone else does. It looks as though their mod is vetting the posts too. Understandably.

JL904 08 March, 2020 18:16
Ach, I've no desire to go over there meself, but I won't condemn others for giving some back.

I rather see it as some fans having to lick the spoon after stirring our @#$%& bowl if I'm brutally honest. That said, yes I do understand their moderators attitude.

Wars begin when you will, but they do not end when you please - Niccolo Machiavelli

McSaracens 08 March, 2020 19:57
Disgraceful.

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

McSaracens 08 March, 2020 20:12
Disgusting.

Not surprised at this stance from a club run by Rowe and his cronies.

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2020 20:21 by McSaracens.

Neville 08 March, 2020 21:39
Scarcely credible and disgraceful conduct by Chiefs management. Graceless..

Westrock 08 March, 2020 21:50
Please don’t try and post anything negative on the Chiefs board because 1876-fez will call you a troll!

tpr's headmistress 08 March, 2020 22:18
Maybe that's because he's embarrassed by your behaviour. Nothing to with the supporters so why give them grief. We know what it's like to be berated for things beyond our control.

tpr's headmistress 09 March, 2020 11:35
The management have spoken, although the game on offer is a little on the mean side.

Exeter Club /statement

derbyshire fan 09 March, 2020 12:06
Hmm - hardly generous.

Admit to being a little amused that Tony Rowe uses his honorary degree. I thought that was not generally done?

Sarriebone 09 March, 2020 12:16
That kinda stinks of "damn we've had some bad PR, what can we do that won't cost us much?"

Disappointing from Chiefs

wolfgangvonb77 09 March, 2020 12:27
Doesnt look great, I'm surprised the daily fail hasn't splashed this across their back page. Maybe that's just reserved for us lol!!!

tpr's headmistress 09 March, 2020 12:37
Wasn't there some talk about TR being connected to the woman journalist at the DM? I may have imagined it though.

JL904 09 March, 2020 13:22
Not Exeter DG - Glaws.

She's daughter-in law someone significant within the club, but I can't remember what post they hold.

AlanE 09 March, 2020 13:28
Quote:
derbyshire fan
Hmm - hardly generous.
Admit to being a little amused that Tony Rowe uses his honorary degree. I thought that was not generally done?

And his OBE!! Generally regarded as Other B***ers' Efforts

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

TV 09 March, 2020 13:38
And required to bring "proof of employment on the day of the game"

TOKS 09 March, 2020 13:41
A Braves game or a ticket to next season's Gallagher Premiership 2nd XV competition.

Tough choice.

After the events of four months ago should we put anything past Tony Rowe? Thought not.

GazzaFez 09 March, 2020 14:00
Incredibly peevish response to this situation by Exeter. The offer seems more like another slap in the face than a genuine attempt to redeem the bad feeling.

Stumpy7780 09 March, 2020 14:36
Saracens should offer all former Flybe employees free tickets to the game at Tottenham Stadium

McSaracens 09 March, 2020 14:42
A free ticket to a Monday night game where it’s probably £5 entry!

TOKS 09 March, 2020 15:01
And having to provide proof of employment, thus reminding you - if reminding were necessary - that you were no longer employed. Nice.

AlanE 09 March, 2020 15:48
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Wasn't there some talk about TR being connected to the woman journalist at the DM? I may have imagined it though.

Not a pleasant thought. What was she thinking?

tpr's headmistress 09 March, 2020 16:15
Alan, she was thinking 'get Saracens'! She apparently got an award for her 'good work' too.(Sm111)

BlackheathSarrie 09 March, 2020 16:57
... and a promotion to the BBC as a senior sport reporter or some such.

Innings 09 March, 2020 17:30
For me this is all you need to know about the reality of modern rugby club ownership.

Quote:
Tony Rowe
"There isn't a lot of compassion in business" after ticket holders were left disappointed.
"I feel sorry for all their staff who have lost their jobs but the reality is they were given something by their previous employers and that item was void," he said.
He added the rugby club was "not a charity".

At least NW was trying to do something for the good of his employees, whereas Rowe makes clear that he's only interested in doing something for the good of his corporate bottom line.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

tpr's headmistress 09 March, 2020 17:49
Charity not required; just bit of empathy wouldn't go amiss.

boomer! 09 March, 2020 18:06
Quote:
McSaracens
A free ticket to a Monday night game where it’s probably £5 entry!

Second XV game on a Monday night.

Alternatively, stick two finger up to Snowy Rowe and go to a Saturday game at Plymouth Albion.

I do also like Stumpy's suggestion of the offer of free tickets to all recently made redundant employees of Flybe for the Saracens/quins at Spurs. They may not be taken up because of travel costs etc but it would be a nice gesture.

That gesture would also, almost certainly, be taken the wrong way at Sandy Park, so a win-win.

(Sm100)

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

AlanE 09 March, 2020 18:11
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Charity not required; just bit of empathy wouldn't go amiss.

+1 and totally lacking in TR's statement. Innings is correct and that is the reality nowadays. Shame.

GazzaFez 09 March, 2020 19:28
<< Bah Humbug Says Exeter's Scrooge >>

"We are not a charity" indeed. Complete and utter lack of empathy. Halo not so shiny now is it Mr Rowe?

AP 09 March, 2020 19:39
Tony "Big Chief Skinflint" Rowe

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Sarriebone 09 March, 2020 19:43
Have you not seen the other forums? Apparently it's just us lot being meanies...

PhillFez 10 March, 2020 08:28
Quote:
boomer!
I do also like Stumpy's suggestion of the offer of free tickets to all recently made redundant employees of Flybe for the Saracens/quins at Spurs. They may not be taken up because of travel costs etc but it would be a nice gesture.
Free tickets at AP for the Exeter game would go well, especially if they are behind the skinflint’s bench. (Sm7)

TOKS 10 March, 2020 09:52
Hopefully a couple of meaningless Premiership titles will cheer him up a little.

I was in a restaurant in the City the other day and there were a load of kids there from Saracens' new school with some teachers. All races and colours and all impeccably behaved and polite. I was reminded why I love this club, and especially its owner, and all they have done for the club and the community.

We know the sub-plot behind all of this and so do most of the journalists out there.

And to graceless, charmless, oikish Tony - make sure the engraver doesn't forget the nice large asterisk next to your name.

warwick5763 10 March, 2020 14:05
An odd business decision, garner some bad publicity in your local area then keep digging.

Brown Bottle 10 March, 2020 14:30
Quote:
TOKS
Hopefully a couple of meaningless Premiership titles will cheer him up a little.

You've had 4 to cheer you up.

BB

TOKS 10 March, 2020 14:40
Were the best teams not in it when we won then?

Off you go, back to discussing nut-squeezing on your board.

Seriously though, we knew that Rowe was a nasty bar steward when he, along with Quins, started their witch-hunt against us. Some other supporters turned a blind eye because they rather liked the fact that he'd got us kicked out. Now people can see that he's just a nasty bar steward.

Brown Bottle 10 March, 2020 14:45
Quote:
TOKS
Were the best teams not in it when we won then?

Doesn't really matter if one of the teams are bending the rules.

This season and next season will be the most honest titles for some years.

BB

TOKS 10 March, 2020 14:52
Certainly the easiest to win. I hope you make the most of it.

Brown Bottle 10 March, 2020 14:57
Quote:
TOKS
Certainly the easiest to win. I hope you make the most of it.

Good to see the denial is holding strong.

BB

boomer! 10 March, 2020 15:03
Quote:
Brown Bottle

YAWN

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Brown Bottle 10 March, 2020 15:22
Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
Brown Bottle

YAWN

"Time for bed.", said Zebedee. smiling smiley

BB

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net