Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
LOCKDOWN!

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: God only knows!

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Cancelling Sport Channels Subs
Discussion started by maynas , 17 March, 2020 11:04
Cancelling Sport Channels Subs
maynas 17 March, 2020 11:04
I decided thereís not much point in paying to watch Sky no-Sports channels so went on line on my account to cancel. On clicking the appropriate button it tells me I have to talk on the phone to a rep. However also on same site it says please use all the electronic facilities as we have fewer reps in to answer phone. I tried calling and sure enough at least a 20 minute waiting time. I know we are all at home with little to do but not sitting with phone open for half an hour only to miss them when Iím not quick enough to answer. Surely this should be illegal as its basically forcing me to carry on my subs?
Anyone tried cancelling BT Sport yet and is it any easier as thatís my next move?

Re: Cancelling Sport Channels Subs
Convex Hull 17 March, 2020 11:19
I intended to cancel BT this morning. The agent said that he had received a stream of identical requests. In the end I ended up with unlimited coverage of BT and SKY Sport, plus a 120MB/S upgrade and free landline calls for 30% less than I currently pay just for BT Sport.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

maynas 17 March, 2020 11:22
I take it back, its now 45 minutes with no facility to on line chat or cancel by email. Sky getting more desperate that Ryanair....

Chris1850 17 March, 2020 12:36
Sky announced yesterday that they are putting up BB prices by £3 pm though freezing Sky Sports @ £23

Try phoning them and selecting the option to join Sky. They usually answer that line fairly quickly!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/03/2020 12:37 by Chris1850.

Adey 17 March, 2020 13:34
Quote:
Convex Hull
I intended to cancel BT this morning. The agent said that he had received a stream of identical requests. In the end I ended up with unlimited coverage of BT and SKY Sport, plus a 120MB/S upgrade and free landline calls for 30% less than I currently pay just for BT Sport.

30% cheaper but 100% less live sport to watch.

Convex Hull 17 March, 2020 14:19
Quote:
Adey
Quote:
Convex Hull

My company picks up the bill for most of my BT package, I run a US company from the UK so I have to have fast internet.

Timfi 17 March, 2020 19:23
I cancelled my BTSPORT. One phone call all done. I was asked why. I said no Sarries no me. The rep told me they have had a lot of cancellations for the same reason.

Adey 17 March, 2020 23:26
Quote:
Convex Hull
Quote:
Adey
Quote:
Convex Hull

My company picks up the bill for most of my BT package, I run a US company from the UK so I have to have fast internet.

Thatís the most boring reply I think Iíve ever read.

TV 18 March, 2020 10:26
Quote:
maynas
I decided thereís not much point in paying to watch Sky no-Sports channels so went on line on my account to cancel. On clicking the appropriate button it tells me I have to talk on the phone to a rep. However also on same site it says please use all the electronic facilities as we have fewer reps in to answer phone. I tried calling and sure enough at least a 20 minute waiting time. I know we are all at home with little to do but not sitting with phone open for half an hour only to miss them when Iím not quick enough to answer. Surely this should be illegal as its basically forcing me to carry on my subs?
Anyone tried cancelling BT Sport yet and is it any easier as thatís my next move?
Sky try and persuade you to stay but when you cancel it takes a month or so to stop payment. Its different when you want a new/extra service - just a click of a button and immediate access

Innings 18 March, 2020 19:33
I. cancelled BT Sport, and realised that I only ever watched rugby. Oddly, after the Sarries treatment I find that I wasn't bothering even to watch that. I can't cancel Sky sport yet, but the date my contract runs out is in the dairy!

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Sarakene 18 March, 2020 21:14
but the date my contract runs out is in the dairy!

Completely apologise but couldnít resist......with the milk, butter and cheese?

Innings 18 March, 2020 23:23
Touchť.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

MaroonTyke2 19 March, 2020 10:43
My Virgin Media contract just expired so I rang them to cancel Sky Sports. Took 40 mins to get through but they offered me 3 months free, reducing my bill by £30 pm. Just now need to remember to ring in May to give them a months notice to cancel again!

greenwood 19 March, 2020 12:58
I cancelled Premier Sports (£9.99) because there's no Ice Hockey on ! (Tampa Bay Lightning Fan)
Was told if I didn't cancel I could have it for £6.66 a month.....

AP 19 March, 2020 20:42
"but the date my contract runs out is in the dairy!

Completely apologise but couldnít resist......with the milk, butter and cheese?"

That's cruel - yog hurt me.

Sorry!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Convex Hull 20 March, 2020 05:48
Quote:
Adey
Quote:
Convex Hull
Quote:
Adey
Quote:
Convex Hull

Well, don't read my posts then, I certainly try to avoid reading yours.

myleftboot 20 March, 2020 06:39
Quote:
Adey

Well, it was a very short lived record. Congratulations Adey

maynas 20 March, 2020 10:17
Quote:
greenwood
I cancelled Premier Sports (£9.99) because there's no Ice Hockey on ! (Tampa Bay Lightning Fan)
Was told if I didn't cancel I could have it for £6.66 a month.....

How much is it normally , £5 pm?

greenwood 20 March, 2020 15:23
£9.99

1876-Fez 22 March, 2020 17:38
No joy cancelling/suspending my BT sports, in contract so stuck...

So I have emailed the head honcho.... philip.jansen@bt.com see what happens now....not hopeful to be honest..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

maynas 22 March, 2020 19:08
heís probably isolating himself somewhere. If you get any joy let us know

1876-Fez 22 March, 2020 22:34
Quote:
maynas

Will do..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Chris1850 23 March, 2020 12:26
Quote:
maynas

Are you psychic?!

[www.theguardian.com]

CB1959 24 March, 2020 13:16
The easeist way to pause Sky Sports is through the mobile app which i did at my first attempt.
I tried many times on my pc, no joy. Tried ringing, they don;t want to talk to you, the queue was an hour plus.

Not got round to BT sports yet.

WaspieMatt 25 March, 2020 06:53
Re BT sport, cancelled mine last night. They offered various incentives to stay but given we donít know how long this will last I pulled the plug. Was aghast when I realised I was paying £30 per month!!
Be prepared for a long wait to get through on the phone. I was on hold for 65 minutes before I got to talk to someone.

1876-Fez 25 March, 2020 16:51
Finally through to BT (20 min wait), as I'm in contract until Nov 2021 and only pay £12.50 (that includes HD) for Sport, they have given 1 month free (£6) and 3 months no HD charge (£6.50).

This will be reviewed in a month if no live sport back on.

Not as good as Sky suspending but better than nothing..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Statesman 27 March, 2020 10:21
Might be a good day to call Sky - took me 4 minutes to get through - then had a 45 minute negotiation - signed up for 18 months on much better terms. For those who only want to pause Sky Sports, they told me that they had taken the decision to do this automatically - don't know whether that's right but that's what they said.

tpr's headmistress 30 March, 2020 10:59
For those who can't cancel due to their contract, you can now claim a 1 month credit for your BT Sport package - whether this will be a month by month facility it doesn't say. Go on to your BT account and there's a link.

Sarakene 30 March, 2020 15:10
If you are a virgin customer you can pause Sky Sports / Bt Sports or both online. Amazingly this means they will cease charging you until normal service resumes but will continue to provide access to the channels.

villagesarrie 30 March, 2020 20:44
You can donate your BT credit to an NHS appeal BT are running if preferred. We've done that as we're stuck into a new contract and can't get out of it. £5 isn't going to make much difference!

tpr's headmistress 30 March, 2020 22:30
Ours is £16.00!!

Statesman 31 March, 2020 09:38
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Ours is £16.00!!

Price of BTS is a function of what else you buy from BT. If you have BT Broadband and/or Mobile you are paying too much.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net