Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
LOCKDOWN!

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: God only knows!

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Jim & Jacques
Discussion started by OldMarovian , 20 May, 2020 17:51
Jim & Jacques
OldMarovian 20 May, 2020 17:51
Great interview of Jacques Burger by big Jim. Gives you an idea of the incredible price these sportsmen pay for literally putting their bodies on the line. For me the guy was and will remain an absolute legend.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/05/2020 18:15 by OldMarovian.

Re: Jim & Jacques
The Bard 20 May, 2020 20:43
Thanks for the heads-up. Listening to his catalogue of injuries just underlines what these guys go through and they deserve every penny.

Harrow Sarrie 21 May, 2020 01:44
Absolute legend. In a team of legends, for all sorts of different reasons, JB stands out. What he went through with his knees and joints, and the pain his body was in, was unreal. Love that guy and all of the memories he gave us. Wish him the best in everything he does.

jonnybrowne 23 May, 2020 15:54
Quote:
Harrow Sarrie
Absolute legend. In a team of legends, for all sorts of different reasons, JB stands out. What he went through with his knees and joints, and the pain his body was in, was unreal. Love that guy and all of the memories he gave us. Wish him the best in everything he does.

+1

ComeOnSarries 23 May, 2020 16:23
Jacques always gave 100% and at his best he was one of the best players in Europe. I will never forget the Heineken Cup game at Twickenham where Sarries completely bossed Clermont and the single biggest reason was Jacques’ ferocious tackling. An amazing contribution from a very special player.

myleftboot 24 May, 2020 11:22
CoS, that was one of the finest individual displays I have ever seen in any team sport. I think most of us understand that defence wins games, I have even been known to use that awful American phrase Offensive Defence. If anyone ever asked what exactly it meant? Watch this.... I always remember the look on Sivivaatu's face when hiding on the wing after another destructive tackle.

cwrich 25 May, 2020 16:31
Quote:
jonnybrowne
Quote:
Harrow Sarrie

+1

+2

myleftboot 30 May, 2020 11:43
A nice companion piece, Greatest Hits...

[www.rugbydump.com]

tpr's headmistress 30 May, 2020 13:35
Love it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net