Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
LOCKDOWN!

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: God only knows!

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Stephen Jones' Lions squad for SA
Discussion started by MaroonTyke2 , 21 June, 2020 11:04
Stephen Jones' Lions squad for SA
MaroonTyke2 21 June, 2020 11:04
From Today's ST:
Full backs
Elliot Daly
Liam Williams
Anthony Watson

Wings
Jonny May
Duhan van der Merwe
Josh Adams

Centres
Chris Farrell
Jonathan Davies
Manu Tuilagi
Henry Slade
Owen Farrell

Fly halves
Dan Biggar
Finn Russell

Scrum halves
John Cooney
Gareth Davies
Ben Youngs

Props
Mako Vunipola
Rory Sutherland
Rhys Carre
Tadhg Furlong
Kyle Sinckler
Andrew Porter

Hookers
Jamie George
Stuart McInally
Fraser Brown

Locks
Maro Itoje (capt)
James Ryan
Iain Henderson
Alun Wyn Jones
Courtney Lawes

Back row
Sam Underhill
Tom Curry
Jamie Ritchie
Dan Leavy

No 8
Billy Vunipola
Taulupe Faletau

Plenty of scope for comment there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/06/2020 11:06 by MaroonTyke2.

Re: Stephen Jones' Lions squad for SA
KT8Sarrie 21 June, 2020 12:10
I guess a key question would be, what is the starting 15

AP 21 June, 2020 13:41
My key questions would be (1) will it happen and (2) will there be any English professional players still in the game!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

myleftboot 21 June, 2020 17:27
Meh, it's poxy Gatland, not enough taffs

The Bard 21 June, 2020 18:41
Incredible that wed hardly heard of Rhys Carre a year ago, and small handful of appearances later hes touted for the Lions squad!

Innings 22 June, 2020 09:13
No games to report, column inches to fill, articles like this are at least something to discuss instead of the endless slow self-inflicted decline of England rugby as a professional sport.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Roger G 22 June, 2020 09:14
At first glance my main reaction is "is Ben Youngs really among the best three 9s in the British Isles?"

OldMarovian 23 June, 2020 13:27
I'd think that squad isn't miles off and yet there's a fair few in there who shouldn't be within a mile of the Lions squad not least AWJ. Faletaus form has also fallen off a cliff and tbh he was very ordinary in the last Lions.

The good news is whilst Gatland has shown himself to be something of a "homer" in terms of squad selection he has also been bold. Making Jamie George a starter when Eddie Jones was still plodding on with Dullan Hartley and likewise backing Sinckler being two that paid off.

I am excited to see the player that Daly might become at FB but he simply isn't an International FB and the team that has exposed that time and time again is SA. I'd hope he travels as a wing/utility player though. As the bard says Carre's rise has been quite remarkable and exciting as he too is not yet backed up by anything I've seen when he's played.

I'd hope that Englands loss had also given a few basic pointers about areas that the Lions need reinforced and compromises that can and can't be made.

Quote:
KT8Sarrie
I guess a key question would be, what is the starting 15

Agreed. I'm also very interested to see if Kruis makes it. If we want to win rather than come close I think he should. The gap between him and the next players in terms of line-out caller is significant.

TonyTaff 24 June, 2020 02:55
I would take Hogg rather than Daly.

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

myleftboot 24 June, 2020 05:56
Remains to be seen where Daly plays for us, but we do seem to have engineered a space in the team at 15, for at least a season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net