Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
LOCKDOWN!

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: God only knows!

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Why don't They open as a pub?
Discussion started by Duncan96 , 24 June, 2020 09:02
Why don't They open as a pub?
Duncan96 24 June, 2020 09:02
I just heard that some County Cricket grounds are considering opening as pubs that happen to have a cricket game going on in view of the bar's outside area.

If Saracens were to do the same in September, with access to the ground restricted to, say, 2,000 ST holders drawn by ballot, and social distancing measures put in place (face masks at the bar, keep 1 metre plus away from others etc, numbers restricted as to how many inside the East stand etc ) I think I would probably would go (if I won the ballot) and do my best to keep my distance from everyone else.

I guess the controversial part when compared to a real pub is the greater number that a spreader could come into contact with.

Would it be reckless?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/06/2020 09:02 by Duncan96.

Re: Why don't They open as a pub?
Primavesi2 24 June, 2020 11:53
If anyone knows how to exploit a loophole its us... maybe we could get PWC to confirm that we are just a bar?

Sorry Sarrie 25 June, 2020 18:31
I think you'll find we're in breach of the Coronavirus Cap

jonnybrowne 25 June, 2020 19:49
Quote:
Sorry Sarrie
I think you'll find we're in breach of the Coronavirus Cap

😂😂😂

GazzaFez 26 June, 2020 14:15
Already been done. Ironically right next door to the Rec in Bath. Used to be a regular watering hole of mine many years ago.

https://mk0coffercorpor1fktt.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/fly-images/7001/Saracens-Head-Bath-e1561667835725-0x0-c.jpeg

TonyTaff 28 June, 2020 07:00
There's a pub near me called the Potting Shed complete with large beer garden and, er, potting sheds with seats and a table in each.

They should be open already, as a garden centre, selling a pansy and a pint for 5 (Yorkshire prices)!

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net