Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
LOCKDOWN!

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: God only knows!

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

25 years ago today...
Discussion started by TonyTaff , 24 June, 2020 09:36
25 years ago today...
TonyTaff 24 June, 2020 09:36
Frankie Peanuts shook hands with some bloke wearing a baseball cap and a replica shirt. Ellis Park, I believe.

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Re: 25 years ago today...
Sorry Sarrie 25 June, 2020 18:34
Nice spot TT. I always feel for those who post and hear the sound of brushwood blowing across the outback! (Sm108)

My wife and I are on the verge of splitting up because of my obsession with rugby.
I've decided to give it one last try......

AlanE 26 June, 2020 06:02
It's one of those 'where were you when...? things. I missed that Final (on TV) playing cricket - hunched over the radios at the break to find out what had gone on. (No mobile phones or much worldwide superhighway* then.)

*Copyright Clive James

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

PhillFez 26 June, 2020 08:30
Great game of rugby and a pivotal moment in SA history.
Very shortly after it was amazing to see some of these World Cup guys playing at Enfield football ground! Happy days (Sm128)

TonyTaff 26 June, 2020 13:12
Quote:
AlanE
It's one of those 'where were you when...? things. I missed that Final (on TV) playing cricket - hunched over the radios at the break to find out what had gone on. (No mobile phones or much worldwide superhighway* then.)
*Copyright Clive James

The Boy Blunder and I were at Lord's and rushed to one of the beer tents for the tea break. We stayed, watching the rugby, until the end of extra time. By the end, it was like the Black Hole of Calcutta! The Edrich Stand was empty however!

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

myleftboot 28 June, 2020 15:41
Less said about the poxy film and Matt Damon the better!

jonnybrowne 28 June, 2020 19:44
Quote:
myleftboot
Less said about the poxy film and Matt Damon the better!

Saw it in the cinema and spent the entire film cringing. Amazingly it got good reviews....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net