Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".


Thought for the Day:
"THE CLUB, THE PEOPLE, THE FANS WILL ALWAYS
HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART"
Kelly Brown

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: Sat 15 Aug BRISTOL BEARS, Ashton Gate 16:30

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Bristol Bears v Saracens 15 Aug 16:00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV


New tournament
Discussion started by TonyTaff , 01 July, 2020 09:17
New tournament
TonyTaff 01 July, 2020 09:17
The Torygraph states that Japan and Fiji have been invited to join the 6N for a one-off beano with the final on December 5th.

Not official ... yet!



£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.


(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Re: New tournament
Innings 01 July, 2020 12:18
So, in order to ensure an orderly resumption of rugby the idea is to turn the six nations, a tournament of 15 games over five weekends, into a tournament of 28 games over seven weekends. I know that it's all about money, but when do the clubs get access to their players?



Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Re: New tournament
jonnybrowne 01 July, 2020 12:56
Quote:
Innings
So, in order to ensure an orderly resumption of rugby the idea is to turn the six nations, a tournament of 15 games over five weekends, into a tournament of 28 games over seven weekends. I know that it's all about money, but when do the clubs get access to their players?

Iíd guess with any required rest periods and squad reintegration you wouldnít bank on seeing them before Christmas.

Re: New tournament
OldMarovian 01 July, 2020 16:44
It's going to be fascinating to see what happens if club and Country games clash especially important; ERCC, Premiership finals ones.
Does anyone want to lay a small bet about how accomodating Tony Rowe will be if such an event comes to pass?

Re: New tournament
Innings 01 July, 2020 18:10
Quote:
Iíd guess with any required rest periods and squad reintegration you wouldnít bank on seeing them before Christmas.

An great way to diminish season ticket sales across the premiership. But they will be able to blame the virus for the outcome.



Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Re: New tournament
maynas 01 July, 2020 21:27
Canít see this happening, French wont stand for it

Re: New tournament
cwrich 01 July, 2020 21:38
Quote:
maynas
Canít see this happening, French wont stand for it

This

Re: New tournament
myleftboot 02 July, 2020 08:02
Is this with the expectation of games being played behind closed doors? With Japan and Fiji having a 'home' in Europe? This sounds like stumble back from the pub brainwave talk. Also, that's one hell of a kick in the nuts for the likes of Georgia



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2020 08:02 by myleftboot.

Re: New tournament
Innings 02 July, 2020 11:00
Since when did the 6N give a stuff about Georgia? The last thing they want is for Georgia or anyone else to become a credible reason for expanding the 6N into a two-league competition with promotion and relegation. After all, would you want, as an RFU grandee, to risk having your annual trip to Rome replaced by a schlep to some Balkan or Slavic place where there are no 'name' restaurants at which your hosts can entertain you at no personal expense? And, these councils being all-male, think of what the wife would have to say about the shopping!



Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Re: New tournament
myleftboot 02 July, 2020 18:32
That's sort of my point innings. If they can expand, Japan, yeah, get paid, but why are they looking at Fiji? They aren't bringing any cash to the table.

Re: New tournament
jonnybrowne 02 July, 2020 19:58
Quote:
OldMarovian
It's going to be fascinating to see what happens if club and Country games clash especially important; ERCC, Premiership finals ones.
Does anyone want to lay a small bet about how accomodating Tony Rowe will be if such an event comes to pass?

Iíll take a bet that heíll blame the whole thing on Sarries..



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2020 20:07 by jonnybrowne.

Re: New tournament
maynas 08 July, 2020 20:07
Quote:
Innings
Since when did the 6N give a stuff about Georgia? The last thing they want is for Georgia or anyone else to become a credible reason for expanding the 6N into a two-league competition with promotion and relegation. After all, would you want, as an RFU grandee, to risk having your annual trip to Rome replaced by a schlep to some Balkan or Slavic place where there are no 'name' restaurants at which your hosts can entertain you at no personal expense? And, these councils being all-male, think of what the wife would have to say about the shopping!

Some very good restaurants in Tbilisi and these days you can buy anything everywhere, mostly on line!


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net