Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"IT'S AN UNREAL EXPERIENCE, SOMETHING I'VE DREAMT
OF SINCE I WAS 4 OR 5" Josh Hallett

Latest: SARACENS 40:17 EXETER CHIEFS
Next: Sat 19th Sept 15.00 Leinster, European Champions Cup 1/4 Final

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: BT Sport 3 Sat 19th Sept Leinster 14.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Glen Jackson
Discussion started by Barnesy , 02 August, 2020 20:39
Re: Glen Jackson
siNBin 02 August, 2020 21:21
Great recruitment.

On a loosely related matter. Read "Sevens Heaven" during lockdown. Its a great book - I recommend putting it on your Christmas list.

myleftboot 03 August, 2020 11:04
Glens more maverick tendancies on top of Fiji's natural talent sounds fun!

AnneGran 03 August, 2020 12:12
Great stuff Glen. Good luck.

TonyTaff 03 August, 2020 14:01
I wondered what had happened to Glenda.

It was disheartening to see his reffing performances tail off in 2018, then Paul Williams and the inexperienced Ben O'Keefe got the gigs in Japan ahead of him. He didn't seem to be struggling with fitness. Perhaps, he was longing for a new challenge?

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2020 18:52 by TonyTaff.

myleftboot 03 August, 2020 15:42
Tony,I just don't think reffing was for him. As he got in deeper the less he could be the man with a mighty punt, and more he had to be a robot. Barnsey, Nige, him and Spreaders are all still capable of referring at the top level, yet aren't... Vs the entire the careers of stumbling Steve Walsh and David Rose, then consider the French Irishman is the top ref???... Make your own decisions, I'd suggest the right people aren't in charge

TonyTaff 03 August, 2020 18:54
Quote:
myleftboot
Tony,I just don't think reffing was for him. As he got in deeper the less he could be the man with a mighty punt, and more he had to be a robot. Barnsey, Nige, him and Spreaders are all still capable of referring at the top level, yet aren't... Vs the entire the careers of stumbling Steve Walsh and David Rose, then consider the French Irishman is the top ref???... Make your own decisions, I'd suggest the right people aren't in charge

I certainly can't believe that the appointment of M. Rolland was made on merit (Sm22).

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Barnesy 03 August, 2020 21:05
Quote:
myleftboot
the French Irishman is the top ref???...Make your own decisions, I'd suggest the right people aren't in charge

Not anymore he stepped down a couple of weeks ago so someone else could take over to build up to the next World cup, Thank goodness, so hopefully there'll be improvement.

PhillFez 08 August, 2020 08:14
Quote:
myleftboot

I still treasure the memory of a game at VR where he faked a 22 drop out tapped and shot up the right touch line, right in front of us. Left the oppo standing. Donít remember if there was a try but there was huge territory gain.

AlanE 10 August, 2020 14:30
Quote:
PhillFez
Quote:
myleftboot

I still treasure the memory of a game at VR where he faked a 22 drop out tapped and shot up the right touch line, right in front of us. Left the oppo standing. Donít remember if there was a try but there was huge territory gain.

Similar one at Twickers in the LDH - can't recall the opposition. It was much nearer to the try line and he looked as if he was going to take a penalty on the left hand side, but didn't signal it to the ref. The opposition players relaxed and turned away; he tapped and went over in the left hand corner. Play to the whistle chaps!

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

tpr's headmistress 10 August, 2020 15:06
Didn't Jannie de Beer do something similar away to London Irish (was a long time ago!)?

(Edited due to not reading before pressing the button (Sm111))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2020 15:08 by tpr's headmistress.

TonyTaff 13 August, 2020 17:40
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Didn't Jannie de Beer do something similar away to London Irish (was a long time ago!)?
(Edited due to not reading before pressing the button (Sm111))

Yes someone did it at Madstad. Can't remember who, though. Hic!

RobB 14 August, 2020 10:08
Cross field chip to Matty Cairns?

TonyTaff 14 August, 2020 10:29
Someone tapped a penalty and ran 20m straight to the tryline with the NotNots gathered under the posts.

Dave L 24 August, 2020 14:45
I seem to recall Glenda Cross field to Delboy Haughton in the corner.
Dave L

tpr's headmistress 24 August, 2020 15:49
This was bugging me so I had a look and found a report on this site 2012 - I wonder if /Flatman remembers?

Most Memorable Sarries Moment: At London Irish in December 2001 Saracens were awarded a kickable penalty and De Beer put the ball on the floor and bent over to tie his laces. All the Irish players turned their backs and walked towards the posts while De Beer, who had not signalled he was going for goal, took a quick tap and fed an unmarked David Flatman to score near the left corner. Irish won 30-23 that day, but the Flatman try is still remembered long after the result has been forgotten.

AP 24 August, 2020 20:35
Quote:
Dave L
I seem to recall Glenda Cross field to Delboy Haughton in the corner.
Dave L

25 November 2007 London Irish at Vicarage Road: [www.theguardian.com]

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/08/2020 20:36 by AP.

AnneGran 25 August, 2020 13:49
I enjoyed reading that. I remember the game well, but I had forgotten many of the names of our players. Thank you AP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net