Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"IT'S AN UNREAL EXPERIENCE, SOMETHING I'VE DREAMT
OF SINCE I WAS 4 OR 5" Josh Hallett

Latest: SARACENS 40:17 EXETER CHIEFS
Next: Sat 19th Sept 15.00 Leinster, European Champions Cup 1/4 Final

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: BT Sport 3 Sat 19th Sept Leinster 14.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

SSA Podcast - The Fezcast
Discussion started by Barty II , 10 August, 2020 19:38
SSA Podcast - The Fezcast
Barty II 10 August, 2020 19:38
Hi all

Very quickly, those of you on twitter may have already seen, but a couple of volunteers (one being me) are aiming to produce a Saracens-based podcast under the SSA's branding. No doubt many of you are bored of listening to the likes of Andy Goode and Danny Care's views on Sarries so hopefully we can produce something that focuses on the positives of Sarries (while not avoiding the problems entirely!) and may occasionally be a rose-tinted escape from the people who don't like us very much.

Aiming to get the first one out Saturday morning, and every couple of weeks in mid-week during the season. You can follow the podcast's Twitter account, and listen directly on the mixcloud app (links below). And get things off your chest directly on the email address fezcast.ssa@outlook.com.

Might be a bit rough and clunky to start while we find our feet but bear with us if its something of interest - want to do a few things to show the best and sometimes unseen things around the wider Saracens network.

Twitter Page
Mixcloud Link

Re: SSA Podcast - The Fezcast
myleftboot 10 August, 2020 19:59
Still resisting the Twitter, I'll be sure to check the other link out, good luck with it chap!

Barty II 11 August, 2020 07:49
Quote:
myleftboot
Still resisting the Twitter, I'll be sure to check the other link out, good luck with it chap!

As a now regular Twitter user I can advise you to keep resisting!

jonnybrowne 11 August, 2020 08:29
Iím not on Twitter - came off it a few years ago - but Iíve signed up via the Mixcloud app. Great idea and wish you every success!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2020 13:42 by jonnybrowne.

mixmastermatt 11 August, 2020 11:47
Excellent idea. I had been thinking about this for a while myself, great to see this happening. If you need any help, I am happy to do so. My university degree is in audio production, so if you need help with that, just drop me a line.

Matt

OldMarovian 11 August, 2020 20:47
All the best with this. It sounds like a great idea.

nedrichards 18 August, 2020 19:34
Barty II: Is there an RSS link to be able to listen in other podcast apps, or just mixcloud?

Barty II 18 August, 2020 19:51
Believe its just mixcloud for the time being but I'm not the tech savvy one! Will get it out elsewhere eventually I believe.

nedrichards 18 August, 2020 19:54
Cool, don't forget to let us know again when it is, since I *will* forget to open the Mixcloud app for just one feed ;-)

It's a great start though, thanks for this.

Barty II 18 August, 2020 20:13
Always good to get some feedback so will do my (our) best to give it a nudge on here - you'll also get an email if you're an SSA member which I must encourage!

Aiming to do it every fortnight to start with so will be reviewing the Bristol & Quins games in one go, potentially with a special guest or two.

Westrock 18 August, 2020 21:05
Well done Barty very interesting especially the dog 🐕

Barty II 19 August, 2020 07:16
Think we'll have to make dogs a regular feature after Steve's cameo canine

OldMarovian 19 August, 2020 10:47
I enjoyed it. I'll look forward to how it develops over the season.

My one suggestion might be about when you release it.
I don't know about other people but I listen to a lot of pods whilst commuting. I wonder even if you record it on saturday if it might be better to release it on sunday night or monday morning? Just a thought.

AP 19 August, 2020 10:50
What is this "commuting" of which you speak?

Premiership Holiday 19 August, 2020 13:05
Quote:
OldMarovian

I don't know about other people but I listen to a lot of pods whilst commuting.

Comm.. what? (Sm22)

Barty II 19 August, 2020 13:27
Cheers OM - hoping once we get into the swing of things we can put it out thursday/friday. As we've all got things to do its recording a few bits here and putting it together by the end of the week. As an example, earliest we can get together to go over the Quins match is the following thursday afternoon, so needs to be a quick turnaround to get something out before the next match. Hopefully further down the line we'll get into a bit of a routine and can make it part of people's commute, whatever one of those is!

CambridgeSarrie. 21 August, 2020 17:47
My podcast library thing is Castbox, which I believe is one of the most comprehensive on Android. Will it be available on there?

I was actually considering doing a Sarries Pod and was possibly going to call it Fezcast. I'm so glad you guys got there first 😁👍

Here we go! Dah. Dah-dah-dee-dah....

OldMarovian 27 August, 2020 20:22
Whens the next one? you whetted my apetite and now I feel like I'm enduring cold turkey.

Barty II 28 August, 2020 09:39
Should be ready to go on saturday morning. Bit of a lengthy one as we had a great chat with womens team scrum half Eloise Hayward about all sorts of things, she was great, well worth a listen.

OldMarovian 28 August, 2020 18:27
Fantatsic Barty.

I share do my chores on saturday morning then brew up and unpack some biscuits.

Barty II 29 August, 2020 11:16
Fezcast Link

Hopefully timed nicely with the chores

OldMarovian 01 September, 2020 14:00
Caught up with it on Saturday another very good podcast and enjoyed listening to the intreview with Hayward.

One funny thing (in the absence of dogs in the background) was it just me or after talking about the papers mixing up the Vunipolae did the podcast then mix up Mako and Marler? (Sm102)

Barty II 01 September, 2020 15:20
No, Jez was genuinely talking about Joe Marler (for some reason!)

OldMarovian 01 September, 2020 15:42
His passing game ... ok.
Still very enjoyable listen. Well done guys.

nedrichards 01 September, 2020 21:32
Great chat, thanks for the content - and the great interview. Only technical feedback is that the audio levels are somewhat diverse which means I had to put it up a bit too high for the interviews and conversation before being temporarily deafened by the prerecorded "the fezcast" bits (which are very nicely done).

Barty II 02 September, 2020 11:29
Quote:
nedrichards
Great chat, thanks for the content - and the great interview. Only technical feedback is that the audio levels are somewhat diverse which means I had to put it up a bit too high for the interviews and conversation before being temporarily deafened by the prerecorded "the fezcast" bits (which are very nicely done).

Yep, got that straightaway - i'm not the techy one but as far as I understand there's a bit of an exporting problem between things recorded via zoom calls and the local files which is causing the volume issues. Altering the pre-recorded bits downwards for the next pod. And hopefully not an issue at all once we can do things a bit more face to face. Similar issue to the delays on the line when there's three of us trying to have a conversation. Not ideal!

Barty II 09 September, 2020 14:37
We'll have another one out on Saturday. No need to guess what we'll be discussing!

OldMarovian 09 September, 2020 15:30
New COVID restricitions?

OldMarovian 13 September, 2020 12:08
Another good POD with an interesting discussion re Farrells sending off. I still think its a bit of an error to talk about poor tackling technique in the sense that he is trying to do a specific thing, dislodge the ball, with those hits. The technique is correct for that aim and indeed in the same game he got two turnovers using that type of tackle. The risk however is simply too high both to others and to him in terms of consequences.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net