Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"I COULDN'T BE MORE PROUD OF MY TEAM" Brad Barritt

Latest: LEINSTER 17:25 SARACENS
Next: Sat 26th Sept 13.00 Racing 92, European Champions Cup 1/2 Final La Defense Arena

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: BT Sport/Channel 4 Sat 26th Sept Racing 92 12.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

NOT A GOOD DAY!
Discussion started by TheSaracens.com , 05 September, 2020 17:49
NOT A GOOD DAY!
TheSaracens.com 05 September, 2020 17:49
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2020 14:52 by Darraghgirl.

Re: NOT A GOOD DAY!
TonyTaff 05 September, 2020 18:47
Thanks DG. An impressively comprehensive review for one so promptly delivered.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

The Bard 05 September, 2020 19:09
Excellent summary of a depressing spectacle. What would have happened against Wasps first team? Perhaps weíd have raised our game.
Seemed to improve with Hunter-Hill on.
Backline still not clicking, Billy a long way from his best and possibly missing Mako keeping him in check.

RossM 05 September, 2020 21:17
Thanks for a most gracious report. It must have been very frustrating for you.

WONKYWASP1 05 September, 2020 21:56
Thank you for a well-written and informed article. It also made me laugh, in a nice way. You were very fair and unbiased, and it must have been quite difficult to write. Much appreciated.

Buzzboy 05 September, 2020 22:23
Hear hear. Thanks Darragh. Well written and fair. I did think Mr Ridley had slightly yellow tinted glasses on! But well played by our less experienced players.

nicsue 05 September, 2020 23:21
Thank you for writing this report.

ukms 06 September, 2020 08:37
Excellent write up !! .... whoever you support.

Time consuming to write such an article .... good reading... thank you.

Darraghgirl 06 September, 2020 09:41
Quote:
ukms

welcome back winking smiley

Innings 06 September, 2020 10:48
Quote:
classic reckless Faz-type tackle

Am I the only person who thinks that Faz's tackle technique is so much built on RL upright blocking, learned as a small boy, that he is incapable of adapting? He tackles like that several times a game, and it is only a lottery that he isn't penalised more often.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

ukms 06 September, 2020 10:54
Quote:
Darraghgirl
Quote:
ukms

welcome back winking smiley

(Sm115)

jonnybrowne 06 September, 2020 11:27
Quote:
Innings
Quote:
classic reckless Faz-type tackle

Am I the only person who thinks that Faz's tackle technique is so much built on RL upright blocking, learned as a small boy, that he is incapable of adapting? He tackles like that several times a game, and it is only a lottery that he isn't penalised more often.

No, youíre not the only one, Iíve said the same for a long time. Canít quite figure it out as heís been playing Union since he was, what, 14?

Chris1850 06 September, 2020 12:11
Excellent objective piece DG! Well done and thanks. Perhaps you should write more ..........!!

Axe Chief 06 September, 2020 12:14
Very rarely read other clubs reviews so it was very lucky to quite accidentally bother to read it.

One of the best bit of writing, certainly on this site. Informative, with a nice style that seemed very balanced .

TonyTaff 06 September, 2020 12:21
Quote:
Buzzboy
Hear hear. Thanks Darragh. Well written and fair. I did think Mr Ridley had slightly yellow tinted glasses on! But well played by our less experienced players.

The Sarries players certainly didn't manage the ref at all well. I can't believe that Billy's silliness turned the ref against the team. Rather, it seemed that Wasps knew better what the ref wanted at the breakdown.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Darraghgirl 06 September, 2020 13:40
Thanks for all your kind comments regarding my report, much appreciated

ko1076 06 September, 2020 16:04
Don't come round here much (Leinster fan here!) but stopped and read this. Gotta say that is a really well written article. Really like the style.

Bloody well done.

GazzaFez 06 September, 2020 16:39
Top notch DG - as always.

The Bard 06 September, 2020 18:13
They say you canít polish a turd, but at least you managed to stick some glitter to it!

OldMarovian 06 September, 2020 19:45
Brilliant piece DG. Well done you for managing to put it together.

Also well done Wasps. An impressive team performance.

Roderick Flashheart 07 September, 2020 10:05
Great summary DG - nice pulling apart of our performance.

Daly's performance was a positive for me, but little else than that.
Discipline needs work (got a feeling we've mentioned this before)

Best wishes for a swift recovery to Sione Vailanu, who seemed to be causing us a lot of problems
during the time he was on (but we knew he could do that, didn't we?) and of course to Charlie Atkinson

jonnybrowne 07 September, 2020 11:00
Great post - I have a very hard act to follow on Sunday!!!

Innings 07 September, 2020 11:40
Give away 21 points from penalties and hope to win? Rustiness is one thing, new combinations another, but for the champions of Europe to be blown away like that bodes ill for Sarries at any level. Even part -timers in the championship will be raising their games to cause the sort of collective brain-failures that led to this defeat.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net