Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"I COULDN'T BE MORE PROUD OF MY TEAM" Brad Barritt

Latest: LEINSTER 17:25 SARACENS
Next: Sat 26th Sept 13.00 Racing 92, European Champions Cup 1/2 Final La Defense Arena

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: BT Sport/Channel 4 Sat 26th Sept Racing 92 12.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Sunday
Discussion started by lechef , 10 September, 2020 09:25
Sunday
lechef 10 September, 2020 09:25
Do we pick a strong side for the game against Exeter. Or do we still feel we can beat Leinster the following Sat.urday and keep are strongest side for that game

Re: Sunday
AP 10 September, 2020 09:28
The game against Exeter is meaningless for us and pretty much also for them as they have reached the play offs. Both sides will play second teams.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

NewPotnoodlehorn 10 September, 2020 10:17
Quote:
AP
The game against Exeter is meaningless for us and pretty much also for them as they have reached the play offs. Both sides will play second teams.

I would actually take the exact opposite view here - you want your best 15 (23) out there are a pre-cursor to Leinster, for pride and to do one over the chiefs... I guess at 12:01 Saturday (Friday) we'll find out who of us has Marks ear (Sm101)

TonyTaff 10 September, 2020 11:28
Quote:
NewPotnoodlehorn
Quote:
AP

I would actually take the exact opposite view here - you want your best 15 (23) out there are a pre-cursor to Leinster, for pride and to do one over the chiefs... I guess at 12:01 Saturday (Friday) we'll find out who of us has Marks ear (Sm101)

I agree. With a caveat, that anyone with a niggle is rested; but, yes, anyone in contention for Dublin who's fully fit should play. If the club were to do anything else, the club would probably be disciplined by PRL!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

jimfitz12 10 September, 2020 12:23
Hopefully this will be a good opportunity to give some players some game time.....

Injury depending, it would be great to see the likes of Mako, Wiggy, Big Dunc, etc get a run out to blow off any rust!

I would give Big Josh, Venter, Day & Hooley a start as well.

jonnybrowne 10 September, 2020 14:52
Quote:
TonyTaff
Quote:
NewPotnoodlehorn
Quote:
AP

I agree. With a caveat, that anyone with a niggle is rested; but, yes, anyone in
contention for Dublin who's fully fit should play. If the club were to do anything else, the club would probably be disciplined by PRL!

I agree - the Wasps game made it apparent there’s some tweaking to do and a little part of me thinks the Chiefs are one scalp I would really like us to take...as it were... 🤭

MarkCol7 10 September, 2020 15:00
Can't see any point in playing any of the Leinster 23 - one little knock or HIA and they are out of the game 6 days later.

OldMarovian 10 September, 2020 18:29
+1 MarkCol7.

Chiefs are a meaningless fixture as we have nothing to play for in the Premiership. I think the risk is too great in playing starting XV players.

Beat Leinster and win a semi-final (no small ask) and we may well play Chiefs in a meanigful fixture as their side of the draw should be a procession to the Final unless one of the French teams wakes up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net