Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"I COULDN'T BE MORE PROUD OF MY TEAM" Brad Barritt

Latest: LEINSTER 17:25 SARACENS
Next: Sat 26th Sept 13.00 Racing 92, European Champions Cup 1/2 Final La Defense Arena

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: BT Sport/Channel 4 Sat 26th Sept Racing 92 12.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Leinster V Saracens
Discussion started by OldMarovian , 14 September, 2020 17:21
Leinster V Saracens
OldMarovian 14 September, 2020 17:21
Five days to go.

A thread for team selections, news, interesting articles or video links etc.

The good news is it sounds like Mako will be fit to start. Will we have a special guest star? (Kruis) and in this topsey turvy season our starting team were rested this past week whilst Leinster played a final. Who'd have thought it?

Re: Leinster V Saracens
OldMarovian 14 September, 2020 21:44
Some good analysis on how Leinster played V Ulster from the 42:
[www.the42.ie]

backdoc 14 September, 2020 22:06
I wish you success on the weekend. Would you not rather have Malins at 10?

OldMarovian 14 September, 2020 22:08
Thank you backdoc. No I think we'll be good with Goode. Immaterial anyway as Malins is playing for Bristol.

Congratulations on Wasps excellent form and enjoy the rest of the season.

In other news:
Farrell is playing as Sexton in training so pressumably endless wrap-around and lots of chat to the referee about not enjoying being tackled?
[www.theguardian.com]

Stumpy7780 15 September, 2020 07:24
Quote:
backdoc
I think if Malins was an option I would play him at 15 and Goode at 10

JohnMB 15 September, 2020 09:51
Leinster won the League Final against Ulster last weekend without extending themselves. They're still not playing to their full ability. Problems continue in the line out, under the high ball and with giving away unnecessary penalties. Their underlying defensive structure is holding up but they cannot continue to defend their way to victory. It will be interesting to see if they persevere with Ronan Kelleher at hooker or whether they turn to Cronin or Tracey in that position. The prospect of Saracens should concentrate their minds and improve their focus.

OldMarovian 15 September, 2020 15:55
From 11:00 minutes in. Basically about Leinster rather than us but an interestinh insight into the team we're likely to face:
[www.youtube.com]

jonnybrowne 15 September, 2020 17:15
Quote:
Stumpy7780
Quote:
backdoc
I think if Malins was an option I would play him at 15 and Goode at 10

+1 - Malins looks a natural at full back (in a similar way to Alex Lozowski looking more natural at outside centre after we’d signed him ostensibly as a fly-half). I predict that’s where he’ll play for England.

RobV 16 September, 2020 08:46
I would honestly start Manu at 10 and play Goode where he is world class - Full back. Manu looks ice cool, naturally gifted and has the physicality to deal with any targeting by the opposition.

TonyTaff 16 September, 2020 11:08
Leinster will be able to admit 200 spectators, said to be squad members not selected and players' families.

I wonder if EPCR will require a corresponding accomodation to Sarries?

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

boomer! 16 September, 2020 11:18
Quote:
TonyTaff
Leinster will be able to admit 200 spectators, said to be squad members not selected and players' families.

If it is extended to Saracens, this would be the first and only time there will be same number of Sarries as Leinster supporters in any game between them

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

GazzaFez 16 September, 2020 13:48
Quote:
RobV
I would honestly start Manu at 10 and play Goode where he is world class - Full back. Manu looks ice cool, naturally gifted and has the physicality to deal with any targeting by the opposition.

Goode is starting at 10, that's almost certain. What's not so clear is who will do the goal kicking. I presume the usual situation i.e. Goodey for the shorter range kicks and Daly for the longer ones.

NickL 16 September, 2020 20:48
Do the limits on playing time apply in the Champions Cup, or is that just for the Premiership? And if so have we got anyone who's running out of minutes? I think it was mentioned in commentary on the Exeter game but I can't remember who was affected.

Sarriebone 16 September, 2020 21:06
Quote:
NickL
Do the limits on playing time apply in the Champions Cup, or is that just for the Premiership? And if so have we got anyone who's running out of minutes? I think it was mentioned in commentary on the Exeter game but I can't remember who was affected.

I believe it was Whiteley

AP 16 September, 2020 21:43
George Kruis seems to be in our squad: [www.epcrugby.com].

Took some searching to find it, the EPCR web site is as poor as gov.uk!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Sarriebone 16 September, 2020 21:50
Quote:
AP
George Kruis seems to be in our squad: [www.epcrugby.com].
Took some searching to find it, the EPCR web site is as poor as gov.uk!
Not playing though according to this [www.rugbypass.com]

jonnybrowne 17 September, 2020 09:16
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
NickL

I believe it was Whiteley

Yes, it was young Tom - there was jokey mention before the match of him becoming an (sic) illegal player and it seems he had to come off before 49 minutes. I was a bit surprised they hadn’t just made the switch at half time..

OldMarovian 17 September, 2020 11:31
Shame that Kruis isn't available. Would have made a big difference.

I hope the Franch referee keeps an eye on Ryan. He struggled in comparrison to Maro in last seasons final and seemed to try and impose himself in the Ireland V England game by making lots of late hits and cheap-shots. Disappointing from a player with so much to offer but I'd hope to see any simialr behaviour carded.

TonyTaff 17 September, 2020 16:44
Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
TonyTaff

If it is extended to Saracens, this would be the first and only time there will be same number of Sarries as Leinster supporters in any game between them

Tee hee!

I was thinking of the 25% ratio. The club could 50 noisy supporters on the charter plane!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2020 16:47 by TonyTaff.

Leinster Lady 17 September, 2020 17:04
The bookies seem to have Leinster as favourites for this one. Given the result in last year's final i am not sure why. I know you have lost a few players and Owen Farrell is suspended but your team sheet still looks very strong and the Leinster team is pretty much the same as last year. In any event let's hope for a good game and let the better side win.

jonnybrowne 19 September, 2020 11:00
Quote:
Leinster Lady
The bookies seem to have Leinster as favourites for this one. Given the result in last year's final i am not sure why. I know you have lost a few players and Owen Farrell is suspended but your team sheet still looks very strong and the Leinster team is pretty much the same as last year. In any event let's hope for a good game and let the better side win.

No argument at all with that sentiment - enjoy the match!

maynas 19 September, 2020 20:41
Shows what bookies know about rugby!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net