Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"I COULDN'T BE MORE PROUD OF MY TEAM" Brad Barritt

Latest: LEINSTER 17:25 SARACENS
Next: Sat 26th Sept 13.00 Racing 92, European Champions Cup 1/2 Final La Defense Arena

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: BT Sport/Channel 4 Sat 26th Sept Racing 92 12.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

A HIGHLY ENTERTAINING GAME
Discussion started by TheSaracens.com , 15 September, 2020 17:59
A HIGHLY ENTERTAINING GAME
TheSaracens.com 15 September, 2020 17:59
Thanks very much Jonny
report now back where it deserves to be!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2020 18:01 by Darraghgirl.

Re: A HIGHLY ENTERTAINING GAME - SARRIES V CHIEFS 13.09.29
OldMarovian 14 September, 2020 18:33
Nice report JB.
thumbs down

Innings 14 September, 2020 18:50
Thanks, a very readable summation of a good afternoon. Although some writers elsewhere thought that the referee was one-eyed in favour of Sarries, others might argue that his leniency in handling the Chiefs' seven, or was it eight, infringements within their red zone, in the space of a dozen minutes, was somewhat one-eyed in the other direction; many would have expected the referee to go hand in pocket before the end of that period. However, he managed a fast, flowing game in a way that led to widespread appreciation of the overall experience for those watching.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Re: A HIGHLY ENTERTAINING GAME - SARRIES v CHIEFS 13.09.20
The Bard 14 September, 2020 22:28
Good report on a good game!

Re: A HIGHLY ENTERTAINING GAME - SARRIES v CHIEFS 13.09.20
Barty II 15 September, 2020 08:06
For those wondering what the Alec Clarey Zombie chat is about (we have also discussed this on the Fezcast!)

Alec Clarey's Zombie Survival Tutorial Part 1

Re: A HIGHLY ENTERTAINING GAME
TonyTaff 16 September, 2020 11:00
Excellent report. Thanks

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

jonnybrowne 16 September, 2020 15:10
Quote:
TheSaracens.com
Thanks very much Jonny
report now back where it deserves to be!

Hope it was OK. Enjoyed writing it, happy to take my turn with reports in the future if it helps.

jonnybrowne 16 September, 2020 18:06
Quote:
Innings
Thanks, a very readable summation of a good afternoon. Although some writers elsewhere thought that the referee was one-eyed in favour of Sarries, others might argue that his leniency in handling the Chiefs' seven, or was it eight, infringements within their red zone, in the space of a dozen minutes, was somewhat one-eyed in the other direction; many would have expected the referee to go hand in pocket before the end of that period. However, he managed a fast, flowing game in a way that led to widespread appreciation of the overall experience for those watching.

Thank you, Innings, Iím delighted you enjoyed it. It was a nice game to write about. I did feel that the ref was pretty lenient with Chiefs, letting things go without a card after two warnings (I think it was seven infringements) and did originally make the point in my report to that effect but concluded that in the context and spirit of an entertaining match with a ref that as you rightly say let the game flow, and Sarries were well ahead, it was enough to make brief reference to the three conversations heíd had within a short spell. I think Adam Lealís going to have a good career.

TonyTaff 17 September, 2020 17:15
Cheers Jonny, good to have you on board.

The reason for asking for articles to be published on the front page is that Sportnetwork raise advertising revenue based on front page hits, but not from messsgeboard visits.

They then pay a small percentage to the sites driving the revenue. We have mandated that all the revenue goes to the Sarries Foundation. So you won't get rich, I am afraid!

Obviously, the advertising revenue is low in these epidemic times.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

jonnybrowne 17 September, 2020 17:23
Quote:
TonyTaff
Cheers Jonny, good to have you on board.
The reason for asking for articles to be published on the front page is that Sportnetwork raise advertising revenue based on front page hits, but not from messsgeboard visits.

They then pay a small percentage to the sites driving the revenue. We have mandated that all the revenue goes to the Sarries Foundation. So you won't get rich, I am afraid!

Obviously, the advertising revenue is low in
these epidemic times.

Ah, understood - thank you TT!

AP 18 September, 2020 10:32
"Obviously, the advertising revenue is low in these epidemic times."

Have we raised anything since 31 October 2018?!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

TonyTaff 18 September, 2020 15:36
Quote:
AP
"Obviously, the advertising revenue is low in these epidemic times."
Have we raised anything since 31 October 2018?!

I need to chase up the Sportnetwork office. Either their emails to me go astray, or they forget - their accounts clerks change quite frequently!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net