Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

LEINSTER V SARACENS - THE RETURN
Discussion started by TheSaracens.com , 17 September, 2020 09:01
LEINSTER V SARACENS - THE RETURN
TheSaracens.com 17 September, 2020 09:01
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 19:31 by Darraghgirl.

Re: LEINSTER V SARACENS - THE RETURN
OldMarovian 17 September, 2020 10:28
Excellent preview DG, that really whets the appetite for Saturdays game.

I had forgotten quite how big a mountain it looked to climb in the first half with an early Leinster penalty, yellow card for Maro, us losing both Mako and Titi and a converted Leinster try. So whilst the challenges this season may already seem mountainous before a ball has even been kicked I feel if anyone has a group of players who could perform in such an environment it's us.

The only slight disappointment in recent day is what sounds like confirmation that Kruis won't be taking part. I had hoped against expectation that he would what with him still being on the revised team sheet and knowing that he was still training and not yet in Japan. It sounds like ultimately insuarance may have been an issue? A shame if that's the case as from your list of players from last season we will miss most I'd have him right at the top especially with Leinsters lineout having wobbled alarmingly in recent games.

I am intrigued as to what the team selected will be. The coaches and players have had this fixture in mind for a long time and I wonder how disruptive Farrells absence will be in terms of moving players around? It felt to me like Daly has been played at 13 with a view to this game. Will Goodes move to 10 and Taylors fitness mean a return to FB for him? Also how will be balance what will envitably be a bench lighter on experience than it might normally be? Fascinating problems.

With a view to attacking Leinster lineout and fully using ours, using our kicking and chase game against their wide defence which has been questionable and balancing experience in the XV and 23 overall I would like something like:

Mako, George, Koch, CHH, Maro, Rhodes, Venter, Billy, Wiggle, Goode, Segun, Barritt, Daly, Lewington, Maitland.
Barrington, Woolstencroft, Ibuanopke, Swinson, Wray, Davies, Vunipola, Morris

Also please kick all available points! COYS.

TonyTaff 17 September, 2020 16:00
Cheers DG. A match preview! Not seen one of them for a while.

Is George Clancy really one of the ARs? Has he become French? Don't who Joy Neville is. Is she English? Have we reverted to the partisan touch judges of my youth? (Sm22)

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Leinster Lady 17 September, 2020 19:29
Believe me, George Clancy is no friend of Leinster. We are always fearful when we see his name listed as part of the referee team. Joy Neville is Irish and is a relatively new referee so I don't know too much about her.

AP 17 September, 2020 20:36
Wonderful comment, Leinster Lady - since she's from Limerick. I think your tongue is superglued to your cheek!

See here: [en.wikipedia.org]

Apart from captaining Ireland in her playing career, she has cracked the glass ceiling a few times as a referee.

And she's not the sister of Gary and Phil, that's Tracey.

jonnybrowne 18 September, 2020 06:52
Brilliant piece of writing, scene set for tomorrow and I cant decide if Im nervous or excited. or both. Like others, my heart says Sarries but the head says well go out, but go down fighting.

But we will be back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/09/2020 19:16 by jonnybrowne.

derbyshire fan 18 September, 2020 11:33
Thanks for this preview DG; it really is a mountain to climb for the boys tomorrow and we are definitely the underdogs, but I am really looking forward to watching the game - just sad it has to be in front of the tv, and not in Dublin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net