Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Euro QF team v Leinster
Discussion started by Sarriebone , 18 September, 2020 11:01
Euro QF team v Leinster
Sarriebone 18 September, 2020 11:01
Saracens team to face Leinster:

15 Elliot Daly (10)
14 Alex Lewington (51)
13 Duncan Taylor (130)
12 Brad Barritt (260)
11 Sean Maitland (77)
10 Alex Goode (300)
9 Richard Wigglesworth (247)
1 Mako Vunipola (169)
2 Jamie George (230)
3 Vincent Koch (85)
4 Maro Itoje (123)
5 Tim Swinson (3)
6 Mike Rhodes (97)
7 Jackson Wray (249)
8 Billy Vunipola (114)

Replacements

16 Tom Woolstencroft (40)
17 Richard Barrington (192)
18 Alec Clarey (5)
19 Callum Hunter-Hill (21)
20 Calum Clark (54)
21 Aled Davies (4)
22 Manu Vunipola (26)
23 Dom Morris (24)

Re: Euro QF team v Leinster
Sarriebone 18 September, 2020 11:02
Leinster team:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiMKPo2WAAEl1SD?format=jpg&name=large

jonnybrowne 18 September, 2020 12:28
Quote:
Sarriebone
Saracens team to face Leinster:
15 Elliot Daly (10)
14 Alex Lewington (51)
13 Duncan Taylor (130)
12 Brad Barritt (260)
11 Sean Maitland (77)
10 Alex Goode (300)
9 Richard Wigglesworth (247)
1 Mako Vunipola (169)
2 Jamie George (230)
3 Vincent Koch (85)
4 Maro Itoje (123)
5 Tim Swinson (3)
6 Mike Rhodes (97)
7 Jackson Wray (249)
8 Billy Vunipola (114)

Replacements

16 Tom Woolstencroft (40)
17 Richard Barrington (192)
18 Alec Clarey (5)
19 Callum Hunter-Hill (21)
20 Calum Clark (54)
21 Aled Davies (4)
22 Manu Vunipola (26)
23 Dom Morris (24)

Pretty much as anticipated, good move to start Tim Swinson - steady hand.

TonyTaff 18 September, 2020 14:49
Quote:
Sarriebone
Leinster team:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiMKPo2WAAEl1SD?format=jpg&name=large

Lightweights 😂

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

tpr's headmistress 18 September, 2020 15:03
Now you know you'll get told off TT ......(Sm124)

GazzaFez 18 September, 2020 15:46
No great surprises in there really. I guess the only talking points are giving Alec Clarey the nod ahead of Big Josh, although his call up is fully deserved and going for a 5/3 bench split instead of 6/2. Having both Duncan Taylor and Brad Barritt starting in the centres made the 5/3 split more likely obviously.

Rinkadink 18 September, 2020 21:02
Best of luck from Bristol, hope you win the whole thing.

Will be shouting at the TV tomorrow.

Dave Berko 19 September, 2020 08:29
Quote:
Rinkadink

Many thanks. Well done last night. Go and win it now

jonnybrowne 19 September, 2020 08:30
Quote:
Rinkadink

Thank you!

OldMarovian 19 September, 2020 10:54
Thanks Rinkadink. very good performance yesterday. Best of luck in the Challenge Cup and for the remainder of the season. I'll have my fingers crossed that you make Top4 in the Premiership.

jonnybrowne 19 September, 2020 12:05
Quote:
OldMarovian
Thanks Rinkadink. very good performance yesterday. Best of luck in the Challenge Cup and for the remainder of the season. I'll have my fingers crossed that you make Top4 in the Premiership.

Echoing that.

Sarriebone 19 September, 2020 13:46
Right, here we go. 15 minutes til kick-off

Kevetty 19 September, 2020 14:31
Monster kick by Daly from our half. 12-3 after 25 mins! COYS

Sarriebone 19 September, 2020 14:45
Try for Goode! 3-22, Two minutes until halftime

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2020 14:51 by Sarriebone.

Squawker2 19 September, 2020 14:47
Critically, the score is

22-3 !

Much better!

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Squawker2 19 September, 2020 14:49
Half-time score:

Leinster 3 - 22 Saracens

(63m kick attempt by Daly falls short)

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

tatthecraic3 19 September, 2020 14:53
Playing great rugby. Very much an FU to the rugby World.

Look at us! We've cheated our way to another title!...

Rinkadink 19 September, 2020 14:58
Can't break a non existant salary cap in EU competition. winking smiley Anyway, that's all done now.

Absolutely brilliant and brutal first half. Shows how far we have to go at Bristol, you just have commitment 1-15 and never let up. Made Leinster look absolutely ordinary and BOD has been very quiet for much of that period which speaks volumes. Huge celebrations too, nice to see.

More of the same in second half please.

siNBin 19 September, 2020 15:19
Referee seems to have gone green

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2020 15:22 by siNBin.

tatthecraic3 19 September, 2020 15:27
Quote:
Rinkadink
Can't break a non existant salary cap in EU competition. winking smiley Anyway, that's all done now.
Absolutely brilliant and brutal first half. Shows how far we have to go at Bristol, you just have commitment 1-15 and never let up. Made Leinster look absolutely ordinary and BOD has been very quiet for much of that period which speaks volumes. Huge celebrations too, nice to see.

More of the same in second half please.

I dunno a team that has 8 B&I lions (let alone internationals) in the team which is supposedly a cut down squad from the cheating one from the beginning of the season...

Just seems like someone is playing a rugby game on easy.

Sarriebone 19 September, 2020 15:31
Sexton milking that for all it was worth, nothing wrong with that imo

tatthecraic3 19 September, 2020 15:38
Quote:
Sarriebone

Lol until they proved you wrong!

funny how the opinions of how things are and should be for a saracens are completely wrong...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2020 15:39 by tatthecraic3.

Sarriebone 19 September, 2020 15:55
Yeeesssss! What a result!

Kevetty 19 September, 2020 15:56
Quote:
tatthecraic3
Quote:
Sarriebone

funny how the opinions of how things are and should be for a saracens are completely wrong...

Kevetty 19 September, 2020 15:57
Quote:
Kevetty
Quote:
tatthecraic3
Quote:
Sarriebone

What planet is the Irishman on!?

Static 19 September, 2020 15:58
That was stunning. I think that is the best performance I have seen from the boys in a while. Definitely did not have money on that.

ComeOnSarries 19 September, 2020 16:05
It is simply a privilege to support that team. What commitment from everyone. I loved how annoyed Mako was to be removed after 70mins! Great credit to Goode who stepped into Farrell’s shoes and scored 19 points as well. Rhodes, Itoje and George were my joint men of the match. All the pundits got it wrong predicting a Leinster win!

jonnybrowne 19 September, 2020 16:07
So, so proud of the boys, every one of them.

There have been tears chez Jonny...

Sarakene 19 September, 2020 16:10
What we’ve learned is what Nick T knows already at Dragons. The so called Pro 14 is a very low standard of rugby. Not really a preparation to come up against our 1st XV who were able to be protected (unlike previous years) and made it through the whole match! Brilliant result.

Kevetty 19 September, 2020 16:18
Amazing scrum performance and so resilient after a strong comeback from Leinster. So proud of the team !

Rinkadink 19 September, 2020 16:22
Quote:
tatthecraic3
Quote:
Sarriebone

Yeah but it did actually prove that Sexton milked that, unless you think its a normal reaction to do a flop and clutch of face due to a stray right arm making minor contact with his neck?

Well done Sarries. Impressive.

OldMarovian 19 September, 2020 16:22
Quote:
ComeOnSarries
It is simply a privilege to support that team. What commitment from everyone. I loved how annoyed Mako was to be removed after 70mins!

Me too. He looked even more knackered than usual but still annoyed to be taken off.

Well done for Leinster for getting back into the game and I thought it was a magnificent game.

Sarriebone 19 September, 2020 16:27
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
tatthecraic3
Quote:
Sarriebone

Yeah but it did actually prove that Sexton milked that, unless you think its a normal reaction to do a flop and clutch of face due to a stray right arm making minor contact with his neck?

Well done Sarries. Impressive.

And if it was bad enough contact with his head to merit rolling around holding his head, where was the HIA? He's admitted on camera staying down on purpose to get refs to look at things, he milked it, end of.

RiponFalcon 19 September, 2020 16:35
Fantastic performance today. Other fans can gripe about the salary cap issues but that was a superb performance. Well done and good luck in the semifinals

GazzaFez 19 September, 2020 16:57
Spectacular! A great team performance. I don't want to pick out any particular players because they were all so good but I do think Goodey does deserve s special mention. The pressure on him was immense. I'm not surprised MMcC stuck with him. He'll have to do it all again next week.

A big plus point is we came through the game with no injuries.

As for the Sexton theatrics that was a real low point in the game. I'm sure he'll want to forget that as soon as everyone else.

I'd rather play Clermont in the semi, however I'm not to hopeful. Just watching it now and it's 8-0 to R92.

maynas 19 September, 2020 19:50
Racing is a shorter journey for the boys to make and they have some traveling to do now

siNBin 19 September, 2020 20:51
Great Team Performance!! Top six tackles - all Sarries.

Mike Rhodes was a very worthy MOTM but a number of players ran him close. He was the most determined player in the most determined team.

When our pressure wained, Leinster's talent showed through. We just managed to keep the lid on the box for long enough.

Great advert for the European game.

OldMarovian 19 September, 2020 21:43
Two special mentions for me. Taylor who I was very worried about lasting and who was brilliant and my MotM Vinnie. There were lots of reasons why the team won but dominanting the Leinster scrum was a platform for many of them and that started with Koch taking Healey to pieces.

Sarriebone 21 September, 2020 16:35
Mike Rhodes has been cited for an alleged act of foul play and will appear before an independent disciplinary committee on Tuesday.
Rhodes is alleged to have committed an act of foul play in that he struck the Leinster centre, Robbie Henshaw, with his head the second minute of the match in contravention of Law 9.12.

An independent Disciplinary Committee comprising Simon Thomas (Wales), Chair, Frank Hadden (Scotland) and Val Toma (Romania) will hear the case by video conference tomorrow (Tuesday, 22 September).

The complaint was made by the match Citing Commissioner, Beth Dickens (Scotland).

[www.saracens.com]

Edit: the "incident" can just about be seen here [twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2020 17:16 by Sarriebone.

TOKS 21 September, 2020 17:33
Crikey, it must have taken a lot of people investing a lot of man hours to come up with that one.

Just another obstacle placed in our way. I'm sure the team and club almost anticipate it.

ComeOnSarries 21 September, 2020 17:46
If that is deemed a red card offence then I despair of rugby. There was literally no force applied.

Static 21 September, 2020 17:51
OK, it took a lot of finding but, at the second breakdown after the first scrum of the game. Looks like MR was pulled off his feet, possibly landing on shoulders or neck. Not sure how it happened if that was Henshaw falling on him, he loses balance or quite what, but he was then stuck in that position for a number seconds, whether he was being held or not I don't know. After that you see he thrusts his head back and probably hits Henshaw with the back of his head. Intentional headbutt, or reaction to the position he was in, someone else has to decide.

OldMarovian 21 September, 2020 18:28
Quote:
ComeOnSarries
If that is deemed a red card offence then I despair of rugby. There was literally no force applied.

Whilst I agree there was also no earthly reason to do it was there? From a brilliant player who unfortunately has form for niggly behaviour I can easily see it being regarded as intentional.

For context think about the minimal force that Hartley applied to George in our game that got 4 weeks. Easier to argue intent there but as I said above why even do something like that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2020 18:30 by OldMarovian.

The Bard 21 September, 2020 20:19
We can only thank our lucky stars it didn’t result in a red card after a couple of minutes. The result might have looked rather different

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net