Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Loan Watch
Discussion started by Sarriebone , 18 September, 2020 20:13
Loan Watch
Sarriebone 18 September, 2020 20:13
2 tries in 2 minutes for Ben Earl, the second with a filthy sidestep!

Re: Loan Watch
Sarriebone 18 September, 2020 21:38
And he picks up another MOTM award

GazzaFez 18 September, 2020 21:46
Malins scored two for Bristol in their last match as well.

GerryK 19 September, 2020 09:32
does any one know how Nick Tompkins and Alex Lozowski are getting on?

mksarrie 19 September, 2020 10:05
Nick Tompkins looked at home in the Dragons side versus Bristol last night. He wasn't at fault :-)

OldMarovian 19 September, 2020 11:52
I think it would be fair to say that Tompkins had a mixed performance but to be fair to him Dragons had played no atcual games for a month and with respect were playing a much better opposition. Still flashes of what he can bring though.

No idea how Lozo is doing as I don't follow Top14. Singleton seems to be doing fine. Spencer has managed to make Priestland look like a half-decent Fly-half which is quite an accomplishement.

It was brilliant to hear Earl talking about returning to London last night. He and all the other loanees will be missed but having them return will be brilliant and in the mean time it will be interesting to see how they do at their current clubs.

Good luck to Isiekwe tomorrow in what feels like it will be as tough a game as he may have faced if he'd stayed with Saracens.

Earl (2) Malins, Isiekwe and Spencer have all been MotM for their current clubs since restart.

Stumpy7780 19 September, 2020 12:04
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Spencer has gone permanently and is not on loan sadly

OldMarovian 19 September, 2020 12:58
Yeah I know Stumpy, appreciate it wasn't clear above. His inclusion was more to reflect on the quality of player that we have produced.

Sarriebone 25 September, 2020 22:06
A brace and MOTM for Max Malins tonight

Duncan96 26 September, 2020 08:59
Quote:
Sarriebone

I watched the Bris match to see how Ben and Max are getting on and they were both great.

More striking was how exhilarating Bristols brand of rugby is. Seems mad at times but if they carry on like that they will be everyone’s favourite 2nd team.

AP 26 September, 2020 10:11
Who needs Charles Piutau when you've got Max Malins?

I thought Sinckler was rather quiet, as he has been in previous matches.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

OldMarovian 26 September, 2020 10:43
Haven't seen the game but it sounds like Earl made it very clear in a pre match interview that his future is back in North London. Given he's playing very well in a very exciting team I can see this coming season being great for him, Malins, Bristol and us when they return.

jonnybrowne 26 September, 2020 12:35
Quote:
Duncan96
Quote:
Sarriebone

More striking was how exhilarating Bristols brand of rugby is. Seems mad at times but if they carry on like that they will be everyone’s favourite 2nd team.

I don’t disagree - and I like the way Pat Lam conducts himself. Proper person, proper club.

colinmiddx 02 October, 2020 19:22
Are we going to see Nick Tompkins back?

Listening to him on the Scrum V podcast.

A summary of his comments

At Saracens I was a cog in a machine... so many good players.... at Dragons I am now a senior player...I am out of my comfort zone and I am learning a lot... that's what is exciting..that's what I have to figure out .... if that's not exciting I don't know what is.

OldMarovian 02 October, 2020 20:10
As with all the loaned players I hope that he returns but I doubt any of us want any player whose heart isn't in it or would rather be elsewhere (not saying that's the case here)

TonyTaff 03 October, 2020 11:41
Quote:
jonnybrowne
Quote:
Duncan96
Quote:
Sarriebone

I don’t disagree - and I like the way Pat Lam conducts himself. Proper person, proper club.

I wouldn't trust him as a Touch Judge winking smiley

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

jonnybrowne 03 October, 2020 16:20
[quote colinmiddx]Are we going to see Nick Tompkins back?

Listening to him on the Scrum V podcast.

A summary of his comments

At Saracens I was a cog in a machine... so many good players.... at Dragons I am now a senior player...I am out of my comfort zone and I am learning a lot... that's what is exciting..that's what I have to figure out .... if that's not exciting I don't know what is[quote]

Is this Nick’s way of saying that he’s enjoying - with the greatest respect to Dragons - being a bigger fish is a slightly smaller pool?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2020 16:24 by jonnybrowne.

TonyTaff 04 October, 2020 13:40
Small pool? It's a puddle (Sm22)

Context: I supported Cardiff in my youth smiling smiley

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

jonnybrowne 04 October, 2020 20:14
Quote:
TonyTaff
Small pool? It's a puddle (Sm22)
Context: I supported Cardiff in my youth smiling smiley

Hahahahaha - love it!!

Sarriebone 04 October, 2020 20:16
Well Malins didn't have the best game from what I've seen but Earl I believe has finished joint top try scorer for the season

Sarriebone 07 October, 2020 10:49
Bristol Bears flanker Ben Earl sets new Premiership record
[www.therugbypaper.co.uk]

Roderick Flashheart 07 October, 2020 11:24
A little OT, but in the same vein, wasn't aware that Ben Ransom was playing for Blackheath.
I thought he'd chopped it in to further his education.

OldMarovian 07 October, 2020 14:03
Sarriebone that's remarkable. Also interesting that despite the lovely rugby Bristol play his try-scoring rate was higher at Saracens in the first half of the season than at Bristol in the second.

Personally I am really looking forward to the next evolution of our game and I think players like Earl, Malins, Isiekwe, Tompkins etc will be a big of that as we look to bring more speed and ball-in-hand attack.

Sarriebone 16 October, 2020 21:23
Superb try from Malins in the Challenge cup final!

Sarriebone 16 October, 2020 21:54
And Ben Earl MotM after a great defensive performance

AP 16 October, 2020 22:18
First Saracens to win the Challenge Cup!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Roderick Flashheart 19 October, 2020 09:24
That Malins try though - Wow !

jonnybrowne 19 October, 2020 12:13
Quote:
AP

You never know, Ben and Max may do it again wearing the black and red in 21/22...with the usual caveat of “if we’ve got a league to be promoted from in 20/21”.

Sarriebone 19 October, 2020 13:29
Quote:
jonnybrowne
Quote:
AP

You never know, Ben and Max may do it again wearing the black and red in 21/22...with the usual caveat of “if we’ve got a league to be promoted from in 20/21”.
It'll be 22/23 at the earliest won't it or do we get entry in our first season back?

jonnybrowne 19 October, 2020 16:48
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
jonnybrowne
Quote:
AP

It'll be 22/23 at the earliest won't it or do we get entry in our first season back?

I believe clubs promoted into the Premiership go straight into the Challenge Cup. Pretty sure Bristol were in it in 18/19.

Sarriebone 19 October, 2020 16:54
Quote:
jonnybrowne

I believe clubs promoted into the Premiership go straight into the Challenge Cup. Pretty sure Bristol were in it in 18/19.

Just checked the EPCR website and you are correct

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net