Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Team V Wuss
Discussion started by Sarriebone , 29 September, 2020 12:07
Team V Wuss
Sarriebone 29 September, 2020 12:07
Saracens side vs Worcester Warriors:

1. Barrington
2. Woolstencroft (c)
3. Clarey
4. Joel Kpoku
5. Boon
6. Hunter-Hill
7. Stonham
8. Venter
9. Whiteley
10. Vunipola
11. Crossdale
12. Socino
13. Watson
14. Segun
15. Hooley

Bench:
16. Crean
17. Hislop
18. Ibuanopke
19. Jon Kpoku
20. Benson
21. Day
22. Sloan
23. Obatoyinbo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/09/2020 12:08 by Sarriebone.

Re: Team V Wuss
Surbiton Sarries 29 September, 2020 12:14
Referee: Karl Dickson
Assistant referees: Greg Macdonald & Jack Makepeace
Television match official: Sara Cox

Sarriebone 29 September, 2020 12:14
Warriors |
15 Melani Nanai,
14 Perry Humphreys,
13 Ollie Lawrence,
12 Ashley Beck,
11 Noah Heward,
10 Billy Searle,
9 Francois Hougaard,
1 Ethan Waller,
2 Niall Annett,
3 Nick Schonert,
4 Anton Bresler,
5 Justin Clegg,
6 Ted Hill (C),
7 Matt Kvesic,
8 Cornell du Preez.

Replacements |
16 Beck Cutting,
17 Callum Black,
18 Richard Palframan,
19 Joe Batley,
20 Marco Mama,
21 Gareth Simpson,
22 Duncan Weir,
23 Chris Pennell.

ninjafez 29 September, 2020 13:11
great to see ali crossdale back

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Roderick Flashheart 29 September, 2020 13:19
Very excited to see these guys get a go - have really enjoyed seeing our midweek/Championship team come together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/09/2020 17:03 by Roderick Flashheart.

OldMarovian 29 September, 2020 14:47
That feels like a pretty strong Wuss team.

Looking forward to seeing how the young lads go.

w4rriorz1980 30 September, 2020 08:58
Although you fans cannot be here unfortunately,we welcome your team and associated staff.

No matter who you bring it'll still be a test for us.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

jonnybrowne 30 September, 2020 11:10
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Although you fans cannot be here unfortunately,we welcome your team and associated staff.

Iím really sorry not to be at Sixways, nice ground and nice people.

Iíve always had an affection for Warriors as my roots are in that area - very best of luck for next season!

Sarriebone 30 September, 2020 16:13
Changes for Saracens.

Obatoyinbo comes in at 15 for Will Hooley and Ben Harris comes on to the bench.

Sam Wainwright replaces Robin Hislop at 17.

jonnybrowne 30 September, 2020 17:37
Cameron Boon must be of the tallest men to play for Sarries...

mixmastermatt 30 September, 2020 17:52
Hell of a game so far. Two tried a piece in the first 17 minutes.

Sarriebone 30 September, 2020 17:57
Yellow card Obatoyinbo, penalty try

Sarriebone 30 September, 2020 18:17
HT Worcester 28-19 Saracens

PhillFez 30 September, 2020 18:22
A little unlucky with the yellow, his arm was going round the Wuss player.
The young guys are doing very well against a full strength Wuss.

OldMarovian 30 September, 2020 18:26
Not a chance in heck that the Wuss winger was onside.

It's still be a decent game though and the players are doing well in poor conditions. Watson has played very well.
I thought Obatoyinbo was bang to rights I'm afraid.

Sarriebone 30 September, 2020 18:26
Segun needs to trust the defenders inside him a bit more, a couple of times Wuss have made good ground down his wing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/09/2020 18:28 by Sarriebone.

Sarriebone 30 September, 2020 19:05
How was that not a knock on????

Dave Berko 30 September, 2020 19:28
Very promising. Charlie Watson looks a real prospect.

OldMarovian 30 September, 2020 19:29
A good game and I thought the team generally played very well.

Cut out the daft penalties and that's perhaps a game we win. I still feel that group of players suggest the future is bright.

Great to see Crossdale back and he played well. Watson Sarcens MotM?

Well done Wuss.

jonnybrowne 30 September, 2020 19:35
Quote:
OldMarovian
A good game and I thought the team generally played very well.
Cut out the daft penalties and that's perhaps a game we win. I still feel that group of players suggest the future is bright.

Great to see Crossdale back and he played well. Watson Sarcens MotM?

Well done Wuss.

Yes I thought Crossdale had a good game, Watson had a stormer. I do like the look of Sam Crean, been impressed every time Iíve seen him.

Underdog 30 September, 2020 20:09
Your youngsters looked great and it must be exciting for you to see them kick on best year with almost total freedom to play, within a strict framework provided by the coaches.

Best of luck next season. Hopefully things all sort themselves out with regard to the championship kicking off.

The Bard 30 September, 2020 20:18
Abysmal from the TMO and touch judges to miss two offside and one knock on try. And then spend 5 minutes picking over a clear looking try of ours.
Lineout sadly back to its shambolic worst. Think we only threw to Boon once, probably this that kept us from being in with a shout of winning.
Agree Crossdale and Watson the pick, but good games from Manu and Whiteley too.

ComeOnSarries 30 September, 2020 21:14
I normally like Karl Dickson and his no nonsense approach but today he was in charge of a number of very poor decisions, a couple of them not even marginal. He got less than zero help from his TMO.

Having said that the game had some good moments for both sides and given the respective teams we put out the result was a credit to the boys. Watson looks a good prospect indeed

OldMarovian 30 September, 2020 21:36
Thanks to w4rriorz1980 and Underdog and all the best for your game against Sharks and next season.

The Bard I didn't follow everything in the game but it had the feeling of one with a fair bit of disruption with players coming on and off and playing out of position. Add to that an opposition who competed well and some horrible weather and I think maybe it was just a bad day at the office for the lineout more than anything else?

Whiteley seems to be an incredible defender in the wide channels and his defence against the Wuss player who ran it back from their half was very impressive. His slow box-kicking still gives me the colly-wobbles though.

Roderick Flashheart 01 October, 2020 09:15
Weather looked terrible on my small screen particularly first half.

Game could've gone either way up to a point but for the bounce of a ball, knee inside the line and a 'hmmm' decision
(not aided by some shoddy camera work) from the officials. However, well played to both sides - very entertaining match.

Agree with opinion on Watson, great debut. Line out needs some work but great tenacity to get a bonus point

GazzaFez 01 October, 2020 11:12
A very encouraging performance overall I thought with a couple of standout performances, all mentioned already. A team similar to that won't have much to worry them in the Championship, especially if the bench is always loaded with a few 'just in case' players.

Officiating was unbelievably bad with plenty of duff decisions, crucially surrounding several tries. It was also noticeable that the camera work was noticeably poor. I wonder are they trying to make do with fewer cameramen due to current circumstances? TMO out of her depth. Good job the result didn't matter.

w4rriorz1980 01 October, 2020 11:30
You have a gem in Watson.And he's English.As I said before,a shame he's in the Championship next season but maybe that'll be a good thing for his progression rather than go on loan to the Prem.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Barty II 01 October, 2020 11:34
Quote:
GazzaFez
A very encouraging performance overall I thought with a couple of standout performances, all mentioned already. A team similar to that won't have much to worry them in the Championship, especially if the bench is always loaded with a few 'just in case' players.
Officiating was unbelievably bad with plenty of duff decisions, crucially surrounding several tries. It was also noticeable that the camera work was noticeably poor. I wonder are they trying to make do with fewer cameramen due to current circumstances? TMO out of her depth. Good job the result didn't matter.

Can't say I agree with the comments about the officials to be honest. They were heavily restricted by the fact there is only the resources to send a full suite of cameras to a handful of matches so had to make do with the angles they had. Under the rules, they have to make an on-field call and then are stuck with whatever footage they've got to provide clear evidence to overturn things. That unfortunately meant that 50-50 calls that weren't given our way on field could not be overturned by the TMO who half the time only had one or two less than ideal angles to work with.

w4rriorz1980 01 October, 2020 11:35
Quote:
jonnybrowne
Quote:
w4rriorz1980

Iíve always had an affection for Warriors as my roots are in that area - very best of luck for next season!
Out of interest,What is your affinity with Worcestershire,your roots?
Will miss the Mill Hill Rugby Club grub pre-match & the cheap beer!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

jonnybrowne 01 October, 2020 11:42
Quote:
Roderick Flashheart
Weather looked terrible on my small screen particularly first half.
Game could've gone either way up to a point but for the bounce of a ball, knee inside the line and a 'hmmm' decision
(not aided by some shoddy camera work) from the officials. However, well played to both sides - very entertaining match.

Agree with opinion on Watson, great debut. Line out needs some work but great tenacity to get a bonus point

I thought the business with the ďahead of the kicker/not ahead of the kickerĒ decision was ridiculous - but I suppose when BT Sports are covering every game live there are only so many cameras to go round :-)

OldMarovian 01 October, 2020 13:13
If you don't have the camera angle you don't have it. I think the TMO did fine. She seemed to think the Wuss player was offside so was looking for the footage. To me even from the angle we had it seemed fairly clear he was but you couldn't be certain. Equally from the camera angles we were given I think the Wuss player held up the final try but the referee thought he saw a grounding so I think it sort of balanced out.

The reality was this was our Championship side and it put in a very good performance against a strong Wuss side.
The yellow cards are the issues I think we need to address as they were both not necessary.

The Bard 01 October, 2020 13:18
Donít agree. You donít need camera evidence to prove that their two try scorers were at least 5m further forward than even Usain Bolt would have been. Knock on was obvious. On our try the tip of the ball clearly is on the line regardless of the Worcester players hand

LutonS 01 October, 2020 14:29
You do need proof if the on field decision is try.
Karl Dickson and the touch judges gave it live and at that point it's up to the TMO find proof he was offside, which she couldn't with the available angles.

We probably all watched it and thought "he must have been ahead", but we never saw and proof either way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2020 14:31 by LutonS.

The Bard 01 October, 2020 15:01
The touch judges had missed Wuss players being yards offside at every box kick. Common sense has to come into it when players are in a totally unfeasible position

Dave Berko 01 October, 2020 15:33
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
jonnybrowne
Quote:
w4rriorz1980

And we'll miss you. Best wishes for next season. Hope to see you again sooner rather than later. Cheers.

Barty II 01 October, 2020 15:38
Quote:
The Bard
The touch judges had missed Wuss players being yards offside at every box kick. Common sense has to come into it when players are in a totally unfeasible position

Since when has common sense been part of the laws of rugby ;-)

jonnybrowne 02 October, 2020 08:46
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
jonnybrowne
Quote:
w4rriorz1980

My grandmother came from Leigh Sinton my mum lived in Worcester during the war, and I spent my childhood in Halesowen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 12:04 by jonnybrowne.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net