Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Have Saracens been good or bad for rugby?
Discussion started by Premiership Holiday , 29 September, 2020 12:17
Have Saracens been good or bad for rugby?
Premiership Holiday 29 September, 2020 12:17
Oh how I hesitated to post this - it's troll fodder but frankly I don't give a hoot what others think. An era has ended and another begins and all loyal fans know what to do. To them enjoy this from Planet Rugby;

[url=http://[www.planetrugby.com]]Good or Bad?[/url]

My wife has told me that she's considering ending our marriage due to my utter obsession with rugby.

I'm begging her for one more try!

Re: Have Saracens been good or bad for rugby?
ninjafez 29 September, 2020 13:09
wow author has stripped himself naked, smear themselves with jam and decided to go running at some wild woodlands infested with hornets...

good luck to him!! not sure im going to watch the result though

(Sm122)(Sm122)(Sm122)(Sm122)(Sm122)(Sm122)(Sm122)(Sm122)(Sm122)

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Roderick Flashheart 29 September, 2020 13:15
...any minute now, here they come...................

maynas 29 September, 2020 14:48
They are there , all negative comments so far

OldMarovian 29 September, 2020 14:51
(Sm159)

tpr's headmistress 29 September, 2020 15:04
None of us are disappointed then ...... 'twas as expected - nothing like being predictable is there.

beshocked 29 September, 2020 15:10
I would say good because of how many players have been developed by and supported by the club.

What jealous supporters of other clubs don't realise is that A) There's no salary cap in the Celtic League, the French salary cap is much higher, that Saracens have been so much better than most clubs in England at developing players in the last decade.

When people say it's all about the money, no it's not. Even with a exodus of players the work ethic is still there. Even an academy side with nothing to play for crushed Exeter. It shows the spirit and the squad strength.

Saracens have always been about the squad mentality since Brendan Venter even if it was the star mentality that got Saracens in hot water. Pampering a star like Farrell Jr has worked against Saracens but one player does not make a club and it would be unfair to blame Saracens failings on one player even if he's probably the player that other fans of other clubs love to hate.

Ironically Saracens player welfare hurt Saracens when it came to the salary ruling as Ashton wasn't a Saracens player but supposedly contributed to the cap and Saracens rated Itoje's image rights higher than the paltry amount a Rugby premiership backed accountant firm thought.

Without Saracens there would be no Schalk Brits being a RWC winner because Sarries showcased Brit's skills. Vincent Koch showed his credentials as well.

The likes of Wyles and Burger were standard bearers for USA and Namibia respectively for a decade.

Plus Sarries players were at the heart of two of the biggest England wins over the ABs in 2012 and 2019 respectively.

I still find it ironic that in 2012, Saracens had the bulk of the backline and in 2019 the bulk of the forwards.

Saracens rebuilt the international career of Maitland who was languishing in bottom place London Irish.

In regards to coaching the influence has been so far reaching with the likes of Sorrell, Sanderson, Borthwick,Gustard, Jones, Mccall and Farrell Sr.

Borthwick and Jones managed to turn Japan into a credible RWC threat and laid the groundwork for a successful Japanese RWC.

People underestimate the effect. There are so many positives.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 29/09/2020 15:20 by beshocked.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net