Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

I've Always Liked Austin
Discussion started by siNBin , 02 October, 2020 09:47
I've Always Liked Austin
siNBin 02 October, 2020 09:47
Austin's column in the Telegraph is quite interesting today. He balances the positives and negatives of our contribution th the Premiership over the last few years and ends with " Ultimately, Saracens have, overall, been good for English rugby. And, let’s just say, I would rather be in Saracens’ position right now than in Leicester’s."

Re: I've Always Liked Austin
Innings 02 October, 2020 11:14
The point about the gross flogging of international players over the next twelve months is interesting, as is the reality that the Premiership will lose their England players for 11 of the first 14 games of the 20-21 season. He also needed to point out is that England payment for international players is divided equally between all Premiership clubs, regardless of how many England internationals are produced by any club, with no apparent allowance for Championship clubs who produce England players.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

nedrichards 02 October, 2020 12:23
Interesting point innings. Was Chris Pennell the last England player in the championship? [www.bbc.co.uk] etc.

siNBin 02 October, 2020 15:36
I suspect that this isn't the year to ask RFU to expand the pot. Neither are the Premiership clubs likely to volunteer to be amenable.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net