Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Prem Rugby reviewing this weekends games...
Discussion started by mixmastermatt , 03 October, 2020 11:33
Prem Rugby reviewing this weekends games...
mixmastermatt 03 October, 2020 11:33
Due to COVID-19 outbreak amongst various players/ teams. Update expected shortly...

Re: Prem Rugby reviewing this weekends games...
cwrich 03 October, 2020 15:10
Seems various people are reporting that Saints / Glos and Sale / Wuss to be played midweek. Quite how moving them 4 days makes a difference I know not. Also seems to give Sale a big advantage as they will know what they need to do ( albeit with half a squad I guess .. uncontested scrums ? )

Surbiton Sarries 03 October, 2020 15:32
BBC website says it'll be played on Wednesday

Surbiton Sarries 03 October, 2020 16:59
Saints have forfeited their match, so 20-0 to Glaws.

shendy 03 October, 2020 17:04
We (Saints) have forfeited purely because our players were in close contact with Sale in Tuesday's game and have to isolate, and we don't have enough front row players. Zero fault of our own, but we forfeit - while Sale, with all the positive tests *, get to delay theirs and play it.
Answers on a postcard...

* And how exactly have so many Sales players managed to pick up the virus??

Rolls 03 October, 2020 17:20
Not that Saints v Glaws result would affect the play-offs but it does seem strange that the rules could be interpreted that way by the powers that be, am I surprised in all honesty? Weeeeel.....

Surbiton Sarries 03 October, 2020 17:27
I've lifted this from the Bristol site, which they'be picked up for the Glos Shedweb

The Rugby Director @ PRL - who manages all matters relevant to these specific deliberations/decisions - is a gentleman called Phil Winstanley. He used to play rugby (prop) at......

...........Sale alongside Steve Diamond (hooker)

shendy 03 October, 2020 17:35
Quote:
Rolls
Not that Saints v Glaws result would affect the play-offs but it does seem strange that the rules could be interpreted that way by the powers that be, am I surprised in all honesty? Weeeeel.....

It doesn't affect the playoffs, but Worcester *could* overtake Gloucester and take the last place in the HEC next season.

mixmastermatt 03 October, 2020 17:42
Quote:
shendy
We (Saints) have forfeited purely because our players were in close contact with Sale in Tuesday's game and have to isolate, and we don't have enough front row players. Zero fault of our own, but we forfeit - while Sale, with all the positive tests *, get to delay theirs and play it.
Answers on a postcard...

* And how exactly have so many Sales players managed to pick up the virus??

Interesting fact... did you know that Prem Rugby is an utter bollocking shambles???

Darren Childs and his cronies are another level of incompetent.

Sarriebone 03 October, 2020 18:08
So Saints forfeit, but Sale get a 3 day postponement... seems fair!

Who remembers this.... [www.theguardian.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2020 18:11 by Sarriebone.

Blanchefleur 03 October, 2020 18:45
I really do think that both Worcester, Gloucester and Northampton have every reason to be incredibly p'**$ed off with the lap dogs running RPL for making the rules up as they go along without any guilt or thought of the adverse impact such decisions can have on a club's season.....oh hang on perhaps not for the first time RPL have made the rules up to suit themselves or other vested interests???
Worcester have done absolutely nothing wrong and if the rules were adhered to they would I believe have been in the first 8 as a result of the void match result and qualified for the European Cup.
We deserve no sympathy for our own transgressions but were also subject to a moving feast of rule changes and its sad that other clubs are now also subject to RPL's decisions to over rule their own rules to suit themselves.

ComeOnSarries 03 October, 2020 19:16
On what basis have PRL decided to postpone the Sale match having previously said there was not sufficient time to postpone any match in this truncated half season?
Sale should have been forced to forfeit the match. End of.

GazzaFez 03 October, 2020 19:40
Of all the words I could use to describe this situation, surprise is definitely not one of them.

As it stands, this potentially puts Sale at an advantage in knowing exactly what they would need to do, depending of course on the results of the Bath, Bristol and Wasps matches and therefore being able to adjust their game plan accordingly, which can make a big difference especially if a TBP comes into the equation.

OldMarovian 03 October, 2020 20:34
Can anyone explain how this process works?

Sale are apparently ready to go ahead with their game and despite a large number of players being isolated due to testing positive they seem able to make up a squad including possibly some ex-players who are willing to step in (pressumably for boot money?)

Saints on the other hand are forced to forfeit their game because of the number of their players who were exposed to the Sale players who have tested positive. Unless I am missing something the statement on Saints website doesn't reference players testing positive but just states they need to isolate because of contact.

Two questions. My understanding was if you are exposed to someone with covid you need to isolate for 14 days but if you take a test and pass then you don't need to do that? If that's right then why do the Saints players need to isolate?

Equally if that's wrong and you need to isolate for a period of time even if you test negative why did only two Chiefs players need to isolate despite the whole Toulouse match day squad being exposed to those two including one who tested positive? My guess is it's because they tested negative but if that's the case why is it different for Saints?

So confusing.

MGB 03 October, 2020 21:07
The official line is that you isolate for 14 days after exposure. Theoretically this can be reduced to 8 days with 7 days isolation and a negative PCR test (assuming a 24 hour test turnaround) Guardian article.

I also read that Northampton have no front row players which is more of an issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2020 21:09 by MGB.

Innings 03 October, 2020 23:22
How could any person be surprised by the failure of PRL to manage this whelk stall?

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

shendy 04 October, 2020 09:38
Quote:
MGB
The official line is that you isolate for 14 days after exposure. Theoretically this can be reduced to 8 days with 7 days isolation and a negative PCR test (assuming a 24 hour test turnaround) Guardian article.
I also read that Northampton have no front row players which is more of an issue.

Saints only have insufficient front-rowers because of the isolation. If there were no isolation (forced on us by the results from elsewhere, not of our own making), we'd have a team.

OldMarovian 04 October, 2020 11:52
Whilst I have genuine sympathy for the team affected by this I can't help but feel the League has the leadership it deserves.

No complaints when Laws were changed to make sure we were relagted or agreements made not to sign our playesrs so that we couldn't get back under the cap easily.

Now a few clubs are finding what it's like to be a club where the super-majority decision goes against you (as it must have done for PRL to change it's decision from there will be no rescheduled games to allowing them) when other clubs vote in their own self-interest rather than what is the current law or what is fair.

TonyTaff 04 October, 2020 13:54
BT Sport would not have been best pleased if Sale had been defaulted. There would then be little riding on today's games. Wuss will need a very big win on Wednesday smiling smiley

Oh, and PRL are to 'audit' Sale's track and trace procedures. Brian Rix and Benny Hill are being deployed.

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Kevetty 04 October, 2020 15:46
Not long ago Diamond was talking about awarding games 20-0 to the opposition if one team fails Covid testing. Wuss should be awarded the game.!

maynas 04 October, 2020 16:11
Whole shamble is an embarrassment , in many ways Im glad I wont have to watch or care about the Prem next year, just concerned there will be no Championship to watch either..

colinmiddx 05 October, 2020 19:07
From what was said immediately after the match Sales said they had 23 who could turn out, therefore the game should go ahead but the local health UK people were not happy and wanted the players tested again and with 24 hours min for results the game had to be postponed.

I have every sympathy for Saints since it was no fault of theirs but they were the rules agreed by all at the start.

Sale had a 23 to play the game so PRL couldn't make them forfeit the game.

Public Health England where concerned about the situation especially with other things outside the stadium, it was PHE that postponed the game.

Sarriebone 05 October, 2020 19:18
Quote:
colinmiddx
From what was said immediately after the match Sales said they had 23 who could turn out, therefore the game should go ahead but the local health UK people were not happy and wanted the players tested again and with 24 hours min for results the game had to be postponed.
I have every sympathy for Saints since it was no fault of theirs but they were the rules agreed by all at the start.

Sale had a 23 to play the game so PRL couldn't make them forfeit the game.

Public Health England where concerned about the situation especially with other things outside the stadium, it was PHE that postponed the game.
No mention of PHE in Sale's statement... [www.salesharks.com]

AP 06 October, 2020 09:27
BBC report yesterday here: [www.bbc.co.uk]

It seems a mess, Sale may be in trouble, and Saints were shafted by the RFU.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net