Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who do 'WE' want to win the Premiership?
Discussion started by boomer! , 03 October, 2020 18:44
Who do 'WE' want to win the Premiership?
boomer! 03 October, 2020 18:44
,,,,and why?

If you support any of the top 5 teams it goes without saying that there is no point responding

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Re: Who do 'WE' want to win the Premiership?
Blanchefleur 03 October, 2020 18:49
Easy for me, Bristol.
Firstly they have 2 of our players in their team and I also think Pat Lam is a pretty decent bloke....and a good coach.

Sarriebone 03 October, 2020 19:04
Quote:
Blanchefleur
Easy for me, Bristol.
Firstly they have 2 of our players in their team and I also think Pat Lam is a pretty decent bloke....and a good coach.
+1

GazzaFez 03 October, 2020 19:33
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
Blanchefleur
Easy for me, Bristol.
+1

+2 for exactly the same reasons. Plus, in my youth I lived in the West country and used to enjoy the Bristol/Bath derby matches.

Norfolkfez 03 October, 2020 20:55
Anyone but Exeter..... The reason? Tony Moaney Rowe

Innings 03 October, 2020 23:25
Bothered? I wrote off the season, results and interest in who does what when it became clear that 19-20 season is about money, obligations to sponsors and nothing to do with sport as I understand it.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

ninjafez 04 October, 2020 08:32
Ben and max all the way

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

lechef 04 October, 2020 10:15
Quote:
Norfolkfez

+ 1

OldMarovian 04 October, 2020 12:03
I'm happy for anyone to win it and if that's Chiefs then good luck to them. I'd like Bristol to though for similar reasons to those stated above.

AnneGran 04 October, 2020 12:47
Bristol all the way.

TonyTaff 04 October, 2020 13:58
Brizzle for me too.

I used to live within stumbling distance of the Mem and the Welly!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

maynas 04 October, 2020 16:19
I always have thought the playoffs were stupid so Exeter must be winners, they are far out there ahead of the other 4.

OldMarovian 04 October, 2020 16:56
BRISTOL!

scrappydoo 04 October, 2020 17:19
Bristol for me too for a few reasons. Ben and Max for starters, my son is applying to go to Bristol Uni next year and also my son was taught by Harry Thacker's dad who is an absolutely top bloke and teacher.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2020 17:20 by scrappydoo.

GazzaFez 04 October, 2020 18:18
Over to you now Briz!

Prop Joe 04 October, 2020 19:08
Will do our best. Thanks for the love guys (and for Earl and Malins). Best of luck next season and hopefully you fans can get a trip down to Penzance, a great weekend for us although one we enjoyed a few too many times!

lechef 04 October, 2020 19:34
Quote:
GazzaFez
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
Blanchefleur
Easy for me, Bristol.
+1

+2 for exactly the same reasons. Plus, in my youth I lived in the West country and used to enjoy the Bristol/Bath derby matches.

+3

jonnybrowne 04 October, 2020 20:12
Bristol for me, various reasons - they play devastating rugby, Iíve got Bristol fans in the family, Iíve a lot of respect for Pat Lam, Iíd love to see Ben and Max pick up winnerís medals to remember their season at Ashton Gate by, and as Iíve said about the Champions Cup I would love to see shots of Tony Rowe sitting there at the final whistle with a face like a bag of chisels.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2020 10:24 by jonnybrowne.

Surbiton Sarries 05 October, 2020 08:48
Briz v Barf final for me - Ben Earl & Max Malins up against Ben Spencer.

boomer! 05 October, 2020 14:29
Wow, virtually a unanimous vote for Brizzle.

FYI It was Briz for me too, because I have always been a fan of Pat Lam, even when he was destroying us in a Saints jersey. Moreover, it would be nice to see a new name on the trophy.

Good luck to the Bears over their remaining games and I hope we haven't put a hex on them.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

moo-moo 05 October, 2020 14:53
Quote:
Norfolkfez

Can't really add anything to that. Spot on

maynas 05 October, 2020 14:58
Re word the question as who is going to win , anyone actually think Bristol can beat Exeter? Forget Tony and look at the quality they have shown all season

OldMarovian 05 October, 2020 17:25
maynas Bristol have already beaten Chiefs at Sandy Park so why shouldn't they be able to do so again in a neutral venue?

They need parity or close to up front and to attack Chiefs lineout, both things they can do. They need to attack Chiefs where they are vulnerable out wide and in the air, both things they can do. They need to take advanatge of playing a higher tempo game than Chiefs are comfortable with, again something they can do. A referee who properly enforces breakdown laws would give them an even better shot.

Chiefs are definite favourites but I think all of Bristol, Wasps and Sale have the ability to beat them in a one off. Of those the teams that least try to play them at their own game are the ones I think will have the most success.

OldMarovian 05 October, 2020 17:26
maynas Bristol have already beaten Chiefs at Sandy Park so why shouldn't they be able to do so again in a neutral venue?

They need parity or close to up front and to attack Chiefs lineout, both things they can do. They need to attack Chiefs where they are vulnerable out wide and in the air, both things they can do. They need to take advanatge of playing a higher tempo game than Chiefs are comfortable with, again something they can do. A referee who properly enforces breakdown laws would give them an even better shot.

Chiefs are definite favourites but I think all of Bristol, Wasps and Sale have the ability to beat them in a one off. Of those the teams that least try to play them at their own game are the ones I think will have the most success.

GazzaFez 05 October, 2020 17:52
Quote:
OldMarovian

My thoughts exactly. Less so for Bath should they happen to qualify still.

Premiership Holiday 06 October, 2020 11:17
My grandson is Bristolian and although he's not 2 until December he was christened into rugby when Saracens lost at Ashton Gate last season. I think he was 5 or 6 months old. He loved it - well he didn't scream or poo himself! Love to see Bristol beat Exe in the final.

My wife has told me that she's considering ending our marriage due to my utter obsession with rugby.

I'm begging her for one more try!

Roger G 06 October, 2020 11:26
Quote:
Premiership Holiday
Love to see Bristol beat Exe in the final.

I'd love to see Bath (because Sale should be forfeiting their last game) beat Chiefs in the semi.

PhillFez 06 October, 2020 13:51
Interesting to see the respect for Pat Lam and his squad, he has clearly worked hard and got results but does that mean he is finally forgiven for his astute cheating at VR all those years ago? (Sm7)

tpr's headmistress 06 October, 2020 13:56
Nope! It's stored in the box.....(Sm111)

AlanE 06 October, 2020 14:00
Quote:
PhillFez
Interesting to see the respect for Pat Lam and his squad, he has clearly worked hard and got results but does that mean he is finally forgiven for his astute cheating at VR all those years ago? (Sm7)

Exactly, Phill, I was just about to say that if he wins it for Ben and Max (or they for him) I will forgive him for that ( that what will become just an outstanding) piece of gamesmanship (Sm100). Pat - get it and all will be forgiven (Sm108)

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

TonyTaff 07 October, 2020 12:40
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Nope! It's stored in the box.....(Sm111)
(Sm22)

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

ninjafez 07 October, 2020 12:50
as for someone who was relatively late in supporting sarries (06-) with vigor, can someone enlighten me about Pat Lam??

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

TonyTaff 07 October, 2020 13:32
Quote:
ninjafez
as for someone who was relatively late in supporting sarries (06-) with vigor, can someone enlighten me about Pat Lam??

When playing for Saints, at Vicarage road, when a Sarries player (Matt Leek?) took a kick (it might have been a drop goal), Pat waved it away as if he were a Touch Judge/Assistant Referee.

tpr's headmistress 07 October, 2020 14:05
and they believed him!(Sm110)

Roderick Flashheart 07 October, 2020 17:18
[news.bbc.co.uk]

Was it this one?

OldMarovian 07 October, 2020 17:55
That thread is also a interesting reminder that Hepher and Hunter could have been Saints coaches rather than Chiefs ones.

CB1959 08 October, 2020 13:29
Worse case(but most likely) scenario is Exe vs Pests final
Best case (but most unlikely) scenario is Barf vs Briz

tpr's headmistress 08 October, 2020 13:38

Hobson's choice there then.(Sm16)

TonyTaff 08 October, 2020 14:17
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Hobson's choice there then.(Sm16)

Perhaps they could both be disqualified winking smiley

TonyTaff 08 October, 2020 14:23
Quote:
Roderick Flashheart
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/rugby_union/623623.stm
Was it this one?

That's it!

I imagine that Pat wasn't in the in-goal area for Matt's DG attempt, so, it may have been the penalty that he decided to officiate. But, that late in the match, I would have been well 'refreshed'! winking smiley

Roderick Flashheart 09 October, 2020 10:40
I know what you mean !

I remember the 'reconstruction' they performed on the pitch at halftime a few years later later (with an injured Luke Smith playing the Matt Leek role and someone in a Saints shirt prancing around) much better

TOKS 09 October, 2020 16:09
As I recall (and it was a very long time ago), it was more that, as soon as Leek hit it, Lam ran in front of referee (Steve Walsh ?) waving his arms furiously. Walsh watched Lam and not the ball and had to disallow the kick as he hadn't seen it. TV later proved that the kick had gone over.

Back on topic Exeter v Waps final? Wow. Snorevision versus uncontested scrums. That'll be a cracker for the neutral.

Bristol for me. Lam is long forgiven and I like what he's doing down there.

mrangry 09 October, 2020 16:37
The crowd behind the goal were mostly Stains as well, and they made it clear that the kick had "missed", so Lam doesn't carry all the blame. Enough of it, to be sure, but of the four teams in the pay offs ( the l omitted deliberately as without PRL skullduggery we would have been there) I shall follow my international pattern and support ABE.

boomer! 09 October, 2020 16:49
Quote:
CB1959
Best case (but most unlikely) scenario is Barf vs Briz

Bookies have Exe vs Wasp Final at 1.22/1

Brizzle vs Bath Final is 9.93/1

OldMarovian 10 October, 2020 15:58
Very good performance by Wasps for all that it was cynical AF. Willis is something else. It felt like Bristol didn't really have a plan? Our loanees showing what they can do when given the chance maybe they should have had that freedom earlier in the game? Earl will be very relieved that he just got the ball down before the Wasps player.

OldMarovian 10 October, 2020 16:31
Exter Chiefs book-ending the rugby against racism moment by playing "the chop" ...

GazzaFez 10 October, 2020 16:50
Quote:
OldMarovian
Earl will be very relieved that he just got the ball down before the Wasps player.

He didn't! The TMO ruled the ball bounced on the dead ball line before anyone touched it. Lucky escape not that it made any difference.

Bristol were never in it TBF. Some shockingly poor decisions from Carley (yet again) made absolutely no difference to the outcome. Wasps were very good and seem to have hit a run of form at exactly the right time. If they play like that in the final, no matter who the opposition, they will be very hard to beat.

Max Mallins was the stand out player for Bristol by some margin I thought.

Cereal Killer 11 October, 2020 22:47
I think we can all learn something from this thread, JS, may I suggest you start with the correct use of an ellipsis.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Poking With Sticks 12 October, 2020 14:18
Quote:
boomer!
If you back the perfidious way that Toady Rowe and Baxter behaved then you can keep your respect. I don't want it.

Perfidious? If that's the word you intended, could you expand on what you mean?

Darraghgirl 12 October, 2020 14:51
please can we stick to the topic in hand otherwise this thread will also cease to be

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net