Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Tigers are relegated!
Discussion started by GazzaFez , 06 October, 2020 14:12
Tigers are relegated!
GazzaFez 06 October, 2020 14:12
Well in a parallel universe they are anyway.

No one seems to have mentioned it, but had we only had the original 35 point sanction then we would have overtaken Tigers for the last couple of games. Doubtless they would argue they'd have fielded stronger teams, but then again so would we, particularly in the early stages after the sanctions and doubtless would have foregone any real challenge for the ECC. All fairly meaningless but a tiny moral victory nonetheless.

Re: Tigers are relegated!
OldMarovian 06 October, 2020 14:21
You tease ...

I'm not sure that many Tigers supporters would agree but if the Championship was going on as normal I think it would be much more useful for them than its going to be for us. That said the purpose of relegation wasn't to help our teams development (Sm108)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2020 16:21 by OldMarovian.

GazzaFez 06 October, 2020 14:26
Quote:
OldMarovian
If the Championship was going on as normal I think it would be much more useful for them than its going to be for us.

Ouch! grinning smiley

Many a true word spoken in jest.

hertsman 07 October, 2020 22:05
And in that same parallel universe, looking at our results at face value and ignoring we played with semi development teams for the last few games,, we would have finished with 65 points. i.e. outside the top 4

GazzaFez 08 October, 2020 01:13
Quote:
hertsman
And in that same parallel universe, looking at our results at face value and ignoring we played with semi development teams for the last few games,, we would have finished with 65 points. i.e. outside the top 4

Must be the parallel universe where your calculator doesn't work (Sm14) -38 + 105 = 67

Bath still go through on 14 wins though.

hertsman 08 October, 2020 08:21
Yeah I forgot the draw at the end. But of course the point remains, and is that we wouldn't have got to defend the premiership title.

GazzaFez 08 October, 2020 10:05
Whilst true I don't think anybody really believes that would have happened. I certainly don't. We did what we did largely playing the Storm team as you say in the second half of the season and all credit to them.

ukms 08 October, 2020 13:22
Quote:
GazzaFez
Whilst true I don't think anybody really believes that would have happened. I certainly don't. We did what we did largely playing the Storm team as you say in the second half of the season and all credit to them.

Did you ? winking smiley

TOKS 09 October, 2020 09:50
I suspect the fact that we had a very real chance of catching Tigers in spite of the original punishment was a major factor in the increased penalty.

Roger G 09 October, 2020 11:46
Quote:
TOKS
I suspect the fact that we had a very real chance of catching Tigers in spite of the original punishment was a major factor in the increased penalty.

No sh** Sherlock!

Jehovas Sandals 11 October, 2020 19:57
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
TOKS

No sh** Sherlock!

Really!!?? Good god you really are in denial. Enjoy your time in the Championship....hopefully you will learn some lessons .

I drink and forget stuff!

TOKS 12 October, 2020 12:36
We won't be gone for ever, JS. Try and win a couple of things while we're not there.

ukms 12 October, 2020 14:15
Quote:
TOKS
We won't be gone for ever

With the current state of Rugby all round ..... I wouldn’t bank on it

Roger G 13 October, 2020 10:43
Quote:
Jehovas Sandals
Really!!?? Good god you really are in denial. Enjoy your time in the Championship....hopefully you will learn some lessons .

No JS, not in denial. If you'd followed my posts on this board you'd realise that I'm one of those more critical of the Sarries management at the time. I know the club (i.e. not the supporters) broke the rules and deserved to be punished, but surely I'm allowed an opinion on why the severity of the punishment was changed along the way? And please don't come back with the usual sphericals about how we refused to allow our books to be audited - it was much more complicated than that, and many reports say that we would have accepted an audit as long as the same applied to other clubs. The way the punishment changed and the timings certainly raise some questions about the reasoning behind it, and neither you nor I really know the full story. Anyway, not in denial - I'm looking forward to whatever the future brings, including some interesting local trips in the Championship, but I'm sure the quality of coaches we have at Sarries will see us competing with the best again at some point, hopefully with a demonstrably affordable squad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net