Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Team's Up
Discussion started by Barty II , 09 October, 2020 18:22
Team's Up
Barty II 09 October, 2020 18:22
Now seems as good a time as any for those of you who don't follow the women's team much to do so - no men's rugby on the horizon and a match streamed live on the Sarries website - and a team playing in red and black to cheer on at Allianz Park

Oppo: Worcester Warriors Women
Allianz Park, 14.00

Holly Aitchison, Sydney Gregson and Emma Uren feature after their return from the sevens fold, alongisde new signings Georgia Evans and Tamara Taylor. England internationals Zoe Harrison, Rochelle Clark, Vicky Fleetwood and Poppy Cleall all start, with Sonia Green beginning her 18th season as a Saracen in the second row

Team:
15 Lotte Clapp ©
14 Sydney Gregson
13 Cara Wardle
12 Holly Aitchison
11 Georgie Lingham
10 Zoe Harrison
9 Emma Swords
1 Rocky Clark
2 May Campbell
3 Jeannie Layola
4 Sonia Green
5 Molly Morrissey
6 Georgia Evans
7 Vicky Fleetwood
8 Poppy Cleall

Replacements
16 Kat Evans
17 Donna Rose
18 Kelsey Clifford
19 Tamara Taylor
20 Sarah Bebbington
21 Jade Knight
22 Lisa Martin
23 Emma Uren

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2020 09:30 by Barty II.

Re: Team's Up
OldMarovian 09 October, 2020 19:58
+1 Barty.

I shall look forward to catching that game and it will be interesting to see the impact Taylor has as player/coach. It also sounds like the league has added some depth with Exeters women with very experienced ex Saracens coaching and a hat-full of foreign Internationals signed.

Maroon Tyke 10 October, 2020 11:19
Live on the Sarries website

You can take the man out of Yorkshire but you can't take Yorkshire out of the man.

Sarriebone 10 October, 2020 13:26
Also available youtube

GazzaFez 10 October, 2020 14:50
What on earth happened to the commentary. Seems to be picking up all the in stadium radio Comms!

Barty II 10 October, 2020 15:51
Interference from the ref mic! Thankfully they sorted it and its a fantastic game to watch too

OldMarovian 10 October, 2020 15:55
Fun game to watch and listen to. Promising stuff from Saracens and Wuss looking good too especially at the breakdown.

Will be interested to follow this for the rest of the season.

Rolls 10 October, 2020 15:57
Really enjoyed that. Will the Saracens games all be streamed?

mixmastermatt 10 October, 2020 15:59
Really enjoyed it. Not as good as being there for the women's games, but still glad to have watched it. It would be great if the club could stream all the matches.

New kit looks mint too.

OldMarovian 10 October, 2020 16:10
Yup its a shame that its behind closed doors. I really hope they will continue to stream the games is they do.

ComeOnSarries 10 October, 2020 16:30
First game of women’s rugby I have watched and it was a good advert for the game with some cracking tries from both teams. I would be interested if anyone knows what the split was between full time professional players and those who are part time as they have another job.

GazzaFez 10 October, 2020 17:04
BTW final score was 34-25 after a close game with the lead changing a couple of in times.

OldMarovian 10 October, 2020 17:28
When I've watched games in previous seasons its felt very much like a forwards orientated team. We still seem to have those players plus some new ones and some very sharp backs.

Barty II 10 October, 2020 20:37
Quote:
ComeOnSarries
First game of women’s rugby I have watched and it was a good advert for the game with some cracking tries from both teams. I would be interested if anyone knows what the split was between full time professional players and those who are part time as they have another job.

Pretty much the only professionals are the current England internationals, of which there were 3 (Harrison, Fleetwood, Cleall). Rocky Clark and Tamara Taylor are on the coaching staff so imagine they're effectively full time in rugby. The rest are part time - an awful lot of teachers, many students, midwives etc.

GazzaFez 11 October, 2020 12:17
There's obviously a wide variation in ability in this league still; Harlequins women 103 - 0 DMP women.

And that was after only 70 minutes in the new format game!

Duncan96 11 October, 2020 13:03
It's a shame the game clashed with the Bristol match as I'm sure many will have watched that to root fo Ben & Max.
The Womens game gets better and better and I enjoyed the rule changes which definitely speed things up.
Great idea to stream these matches and I'm sure the broadcasts will improve with experience.

Barty II 11 October, 2020 16:16
Quote:
GazzaFez
There's obviously a wide variation in ability in this league still; Harlequins women 103 - 0 DMP women.

There's a bit more to that story. DMP caused themselves a lot of upheaval, bringing in a completely new coaching setup in a pretty shady looking manner (which led to us picking up Tamara Taylor late on, and her social media suggests it wasn't particularly amicable) and their squad has had a big overhaul. But yes, incredibly one sided game even given that + Quins generally being the (second) best team in the league.

Duncan96 12 October, 2020 15:14
According to the Sarries website 5,000 tuned in for the Womens game on Saturday. It might be the equivalent of those attendance figures when we played at Wembley/London Stadium etc and a lot of attendees must have been disguised as empty seats but, still, impressive on 2 counts:

a: a lot of streaming sites fall over when overloaded, and
b: with the quality on offer the Women will have picked up a few admirers

nedrichards 12 October, 2020 16:51
Yeah, Sarries use YouTube for live streaming under the covers and that's certainly scaled for greater audiences than that.

GazzaFez 12 October, 2020 18:57
Quote:
Barty II
Quote:
GazzaFez

There's a bit more to that story. DMP caused themselves a lot of upheaval, bringing in a completely new coaching setup in a pretty shady looking manner (which led to us picking up Tamara Taylor late on, and her social media suggests it wasn't particularly amicable) and their squad has had a big overhaul. But yes, incredibly one sided game even given that + Quins generally being the (second) best team in the league.

We'll find out what the standard is soon enough. Just seen the fixture list and we play DMP at home on Sat 24th Oct KO 3pm, so just a nice warm-up to the Prem final.

Barty II 13 October, 2020 07:36
Could be a bit of a grudge match for some!

AP 13 October, 2020 10:42
Brain fade, post removed.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2020 10:47 by AP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net